Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 6:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
How to retrieve TS3 EP's from another computer?
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new around here and I have looked around and I cannot find another thread that is similar to my problem)
SO basically I played Sims on a different laptop but that laptop was broken and now i have a new one, I currently have no EPs because I downloaded them onto that one (I had WA and LN). So I used Origin to get back my base game thinking that it would also download the EP's onto my new laptop but it didn't. I still have my disks at home but I'm on holiday at the moment but I just need verification, will just using the discs be able to put my EP's back into my game? Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 7:19 PM
As long as you have the disks you will be fine
If you don't have the serial code for your disks, just look it up online. (Example: type in sims 3 world adventures serial code into google)
Plenty of people put working serial codes up online if you need it!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:31 AM
Serial code sites tend to have viruses, so be careful. Most viruses are target toward Windows, though. So if I have to do that I use my non-jailbroken iPhone or iPad which doesn't get those. I know with TS2 there is a way to get serial codes from the registry but I've never tried this with TS3.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:49 AM
@AmandieLove Not any one I have seen/used has given me a virus. Most of the time you can locate them in yahoo answers or a youtube video.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 7:06 PM
Woah there. No, I have never pirated any of my sims games. I was never talking about pirating, I was simply stating that if you have lost your serial code, you could easily find one. I lost my manuals a long time ago, so I went to google to figure out if I needed to repurchase a game or not. Using a serial code for a game you've already purchased isn't any form of pirating in my opinion.
When you google 'lost sims 3 serial code' first thing that comes up are people saying not to worry, just use this code. I've never known you could find them in your folders. Hmm wonder why when people go to EA support they don't get that answer.
If you get a virus by going to an unknown site, or downloading a bunch of crap you know nothing about, getting a virus is your fault, not mine. I stated that yahoo and youtube have them there, and those are safe sites. There is no download process, you literally just look at the screen and type the code you see.
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 8:11 PM
She's not asking for all out download/installation of the EP's, just the serial code that you need to actually install them..

I fail to understand how does nitromon's suggestion would help in this case since she already said her old laptop is broken and unaccessible.

If you have the disk's and their own serial codes back home, why not just wait until you get back home and then install the EP's?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:36 PM
Serial codes are helpful to those like me who have lost their codes after legitimately buying the product. However, they tend to be used as an aid to piracy (not to mention a hotbed for viruses and malware), which is most likely why they are a taboo topic here. If you ever DO find a serial code site, I would write down ALL of the codes there. Sometimes EA disables some codes (it's happened to one I used to use) so the extras will be backup and you will only have to visit the site once.

However, even those serial codes are used, so you won't get things like Create-A-World or the ability to download from the Exchange with them. (That's one of the things that motivated me to buy Ambitions new from origin. I really wanted Create-A-World!)

Do you have your game registered on Origin? You can (or at least used to be able to) look up your serial codes there. I can't remember the process but I am sure some kind soul will fill in.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:19 AM Last edited by SerenaSims : 28th Aug 2015 at 8:59 AM.
There was no piracy talk until you accused me of pirating my game, and having 'tons of viruses and malware'. Using a serial code does not automatically mean piracy. I never stated to use a code site, or any of that jazz. I said very clearly you could find them via yahoo or youtube, for the 3rd time. There is really no point in your argument, honestly. No one is talking about pirating or sending people to getting potential viruses. You kind of came out of nowhere with all that. That's probably why people are disagreeing with you. You're trying to make a point in the wrong place. Amandielove made a great point to be careful where you get your codes. We already solved and discussed the issue. Moderators probably haven't locked or deleted the thread because not one person here is promoting, or encouraging piracy. You're the one person who brought it up.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:19 PM
@SerenaSims

I didn't think you were pirating your game. I was just trying to give an unbiased view of the pros and cons to game code sites as well as some solutions that don't involve using them.

And yes, Youtube and Yahoo answers are virus-free. I am sorry for not clarifying that I was talking about the sites solely for hosting game codes and privacy.

I think they mentioned piracy talk as a warning for the OP because even if she isn't pirating, we have to ban piracy talk for the sake of not getting sued or kicked off our web host. Same thing for NoCD mods/cracks (even the one by Twallan, a reputable creator).

Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:17 AM
It's been a while since the OP posted so I'm guessing they are back from vacay?

I think what they wanted to know can be answered "legitimately" as long as the OP registered their game with EA. If so, all you need to do is contact EA and they will give you the confirmation code. I recently had the same problem with replacing a hard drive and somehow lost the code for one of the games. I contacted EA and very easily got my code. I've even now got everything setup through Origin so I don't even need a disk to play.