Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:18 PM
I use to work for a hotel/bar in the center of Amsterdam called The Winston Hotel/St. Christopher's Inn. They are pretty cheap for their location, just make sure you get a room above the 3rd floor (it's above a Night Club, The Winston Kingdom). Every room has a theme and it has a bar next to the reception with great drink deals. More here...

Anyways...

I would come (I live pretty close) but due to my stomach issues it is hard to make plans a head of time. I never know when it's going to be a good day.

I hope everyone has fun though! Just watch out for Sinterklaas...it's going to be packed.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:43 PM
If only I could fly over there...

I expect to see plenty pictures of the festivities!

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Wiki Wizard
#28 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:56 PM
Aww i wish i could get a flight over there! Actually getting the flight isn't the difficult bit, it's more the explaining where i went for 2 days have fun

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Helptato
#29 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:13 PM
For me it's explaining to my parents why I want to go and meet a bunch of weird people, they would never let me go!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#30 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:36 PM
weird huh? What CAN you mean......?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Inventor
#31 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohbehave007
I use to work for a hotel/bar in the center of Amsterdam called The Winston Hotel/St. Christopher's Inn.

You worked in the Winston? Damn it really is a small world, I've worked for the club.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
You worked in the Winston? Damn it really is a small world, I've worked for the club.

Really!?

I did promotional work for the club one summer as an internship. I really enjoyed relaxing there after work lol. I worked in the hotel from early 2006 to late 2007, I left to finish my schooling.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#33 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:43 PM
OK - I have been looking at hotels and there is a nice one near central station - still has availability. Before I go ahead and book this one final question, should I aim to arrive on the Saturday evening (i.e. ready to meet up with you guys in the morning of the 14th) or should I aim to arrive by Sunday lunch time (because you are not planning to meet up until later in the day)?

Looking forward to it.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:50 PM
If it were me, I'd go for Saturday evening - then you can enjoy an evening in Amsterdam, see the craziness of Sinterklaas Sunday morning, and not be rushed or pressed for time for Sunday afternoon.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#35 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:55 PM
Aw, I wish I could go!

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:14 PM
I am plannig to come to meet some Sim fans. But I am not so active here because I run a Dutch fansite: Sims 3 Nieuws. Is that a problem?

But I want to come, maybe with a few teammembers of Sims 3 Nieuws. I let you all know soon. :-)
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:41 PM
Such a shame that the meet isn't in Utrecht, it would be better to reach for a lot of people. But hey, maybe next time.

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#38 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:04 PM
Ninika: Utrecht isn't that far from Amsterdam, and Amsterdam has more international / fast trains, and Schipol close by, etc.

loek1013: You are a member here, so you are welcome to come!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:39 PM
Are there that many people coming from different countries? Either way, for me it does make a very big difference (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), even though Amsterdam is relatively close to Utrecht.

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loek1013
I am plannig to come to meet some Sim fans. But I am not so active here because I run a Dutch fansite: Sims 3 Nieuws. Is that a problem?

But I want to come, maybe with a few teammembers of Sims 3 Nieuws. I let you all know soon. :-)

Are you from Sims 3 Nieuws? Are you one of the mods of that site who also came to the Sims 3 Fanfest in May last year?

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#41 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:10 PM
Nah. I reckon they said they run Sims 3 Nieuws just to throw us off the scent and they've never actually been there in their lives.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:51 PM
I suppose:P

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 2:09 AM
I would absolutely LOVE to come, but I have no way of getting there. Would be kinda weird to meet you guys...(I suppose HP would be calling me Sheldon :P).

Sounds like alot of fun, but not possible for me at the moment.

Have fun though!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#44 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 3:48 AM
I'd just like to say I'm jealous that I live waaaaaaaaaay over here. Sounds like a riot of a time!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Meet Me In My Next Life
#45 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 3:55 AM
Wow! It really sound like a fun time to go to Amsterdam, but to be honest I am a bit afraid of meeting "Hysterical Paroxysm " by looking at her avatar it make me wonder if she really is a "Mad Scientist, trying to get more people for her theories by experiments. Then transplant or transport us all to "Delphy" dolphin spaceship where he will wait for all of us to come on board, with a smile on his face knowing we will never return home again. Have fun you all, hoping you all get back safe and in one piece.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Stupid people are stupid
#46 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 8:49 AM
Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid work!

Sorry, can't make it
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#47 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid work!

Sorry, can't make it

Aww noooo. Who is gonna order our beer now????????????

X Biertjes graag (holds up fingers to show number of biertjes).....

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Stupid people are stupid
#48 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Aww noooo. Who is gonna order our beer now????????????

X Biertjes graag (holds up fingers to show number of biertjes).....

lol, considering i don't drink any alcohol, that's a funny statement.
But we'll meet another time, Lee
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
We're not from the Netherlands - of the staffers who are (or might be) coming, only Angel is Dutch - and Ren from #social is too. The rest of us moved here.

<---- is Dutch! Still trying to figure out if I can make it :-)
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#50 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:33 AM
Flights booked (passport arrived - phew!) - so I will definitely be there!

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Page 2 of 4