Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:32 AM Last edited by Jaylo : 8th Oct 2011 at 3:50 AM.
Default Amy Lee- Help needed
I decided to make an Amy Lee sim. Please tell me what you think

Feedback and thank you!

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM
Good start! I think the chin needs to be shorter. The jaw and cheekbones look good to me. Nose needs to be wider and less defined. Mouth corners up a little to be more neutral. Eyes, maybe, a little bigger and/or pull the lower lid apex to toward the center a little. I'm looking forward to seeing updates! She is a very interesting looking model.
Instructor
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:06 PM
I agree with what SimmyRN said, but I think you could also make her upper lip a bit more curved and you could possibly make her head a tiny little bit wider. Some custom eyebrows would look good too. Maybe the 'smooth' ones from here? Good start though, and I'll definitely be downloading her when she's finished!

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:56 PM
I agree with the above 2 simmers. Just 1 observation, compare with the pictures, it appears to me that the sim cheeks should be fuller.

She look really nice. I will certainly download her when she become available.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 9:47 PM
okay, made changes

did everything you guys said and then some. thoughts?

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 12:55 AM
OMG I adore amy lee. Excellent start.!

Suggestions: Perhaps you could find a reference picture that her face is facing more upwards
*lower eyelid height
* square out her bottom lip a little more using the lower lip shape slider.
* then widen her bottom lip a tad
* move her chin back a tad by lower chin depth
* widen chin a tiny amount
* widen out her jaw a bit more
* lower her brows more
* lighten her skin tone and use a different hue
* widen her nose mass more
*thin out her top lip more using the top lip thickness slider
* rotate her eyes up a tiny bit
*darken her eye color to a more true blue color
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 12:59 AM
Hrmm. Lets keep this as organized as possible..

Eyes:
- Look too wide. I cant think of the slider but try to make the lower lids much less wide. It will make a world of difference I think.
- try using this to fix her very slight cross eyed ness that comes with most default eyes: http://www.modthesims.info/d/444824
- Make them a little less wide overall.

Nose:
Cant really tell from the IRL picture, but I think that her nose is looking really close!

Mouth:
- little less definition overall.
- Outer corners up a bit. more smiley looking. Only slight, tho

Chin/Jaw:
I think this is the area that needs the most work. Youve got it down pretty damn good comapred to the IRL photo, but the thing is that isnt a very good IRL photo. Shes looking down, thats why her chin appears so small and her head so wide.
Use this photo: http://www.mastemag.com/wallpapers/...9/Amy-Lee-4.JPG
MUCH better reference, plus shes make up and PS free!

Once I see this sim next to the picture I gave you Ill be able to help more. Great start though Kels!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 8:49 PM
okay, made changes and found a new picture. Fawkes, I didn't really like that picture because to me it seemed just kinda off. This picture I have is actually a merge of multiple frontal shots of Amy Lee to I think it kind of captures her essence

thoughts?

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 9:31 PM
Some in-game shots would be useful, especially without her head tilted a bit to one side. Silly sims! From this it looks like her jaw at the bottom could be wider although her chin looks good. Also, her nostrils/bottom of the nose could be wider as well. Her nostril area should flare out some instead of being straight down from the bridge. Maybe widen the bridge out as well, just a bit. Her bottom lip also look too \___/ (square) instead of more rounded. I can see how you would get that shape looking at your other comparison picture. The head tilted down brings the jaw away from the face and distorts pretty much everything! This new picture is much better comparison wise. I think she is getting there and I think you'll get much better feedback with this photo vs the other!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 10:18 PM
alrighty, made a bunch of changes.

tried to get her nose correct, fixed the lip thing, and played around with face length/shape.
Thoughts?

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 10:35 PM
I think the nose looks much better! Bottom half of her face still looks misshapen though. I am not a big sim maker so I can't tell you exactly how to get it right. However, it does look like from the outer corner of her eyes to the corner of her lip should be straight down. Maybe a better shot of her face would help though. The turned angle in CAS distorts things a bit.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inventor
#12 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 10:39 PM
You got her eyeshape wrong, Amy has raise the outer corners and change the eyes apex. Wider jaw and raise the nose a little. You really should use in-game pictures instead, because sims look different out of CAS. Anyway, you did a good job so far
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 11:56 PM
I'll have in-games tomorrow, bit too late for that now...

made suggested changes, thoughts?

Inventor
#14 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 12:19 AM
Amy's face is chubbier, and I would raise her nose or lower the eyes, you choose. Rise her eye socket a bit aaand may I suggest this eyeshadow? http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/?p=523
I love Amy, so I'm going to help you all I can!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 12:23 AM
just a suggestion i would raise her mouth corners slightly up she looks very angry as a sim and in the pic she has a serene look so just do that and i think it will look better! Also love her she is very pretty and your doing great!!!
Scholar
#16 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:42 AM
I agree about shortening the nose. Maybe make the nostrils wider, too. (The model has a very hour glass shaped nose.) Also, decrease the definition of the upper lip. Looks like the jaw needs to be lower and more square. Good work!
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 5:20 AM
I think her eyes still aren't there, you should try this slider to fix the crossed eyes a bit.

This is a vector image from your screenshots, both Amy's and your Sim eyes.
The eyelids and outer corners are too high and the whole eyes should be narrower. I also suggest that you slightly lift the inner eye corners. You misshaped the lowest part of the eye a bit, it should be a few clicks closer to the inner eye corners.

As for the lips, the upper part is too edgy, try smoothing them out a little.
^ And I agree with other creators about the nose.
BTW, I can't wait for you to upload her, I love Amy Lee and you did a great job so far, a little bit here and there and she'll be perfect

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:02 PM
okay, so I did a bunch of stuff and took an in-game pic

Okay, thoughts?

Side Note: I feel like (or maybe that's just coming out of CAS) that my lighting's never right. tips on that as well, or am I just being silly?

Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:11 PM
Okay, so I made a whole lot more changes

I think she's getting closer!

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 1:04 AM
I'd say that the nose needs more definition, the chin needs to be raised a tad, the mouth would need to be wider and try raising the upper lip shape slider a bit and lessening the lip definition a tad. Also, she could use a bit darker eye shadow for that ultra-smokey look!
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#21 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:59 PM Last edited by Elexis : 16th Jun 2011 at 4:16 PM.
I totally agree with Arisuka, and would also suggest to look for some hair that has a similar hairline like Amy's (maybe this one by Peggy? ). And her nose looks a bit too high, maybe it's the light but I suggest you to move it 2-3 clicks lower and see how it looks.
You chose the reddish skin color, but in most Amy's pictures she uses a pale and slightly yellowish foundation, it's not so important for the sim when you upload it with the base game skintone, but it will help get a better look in your screenshots.
She's so close now

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:29 PM
okay more changes

thoughts?

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#23 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 11:55 PM
I think her skin looks too purple/blue hued. Also, her chin is now looking to wide across. If you shortened it, you might want to slim it some. On another thought, increase her eyebrow thickness I think. Her upper lip looks like it still might need to be widened. She is looking good though.

Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:29 AM
Just realized that 5/8 of my posts started with the word 'okay'
I have to stop using that word so much.

Update!

Critique? is she good?

Scholar
#25 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:38 AM
Chin a little less square; upper lip a bit less defined, if possible. Otherwise, I believe the nose tip is turned down a little too much and it needs to be a tiny bit wider at the nostrils/more defined. Make the eyes a little smaller in scale or "squint" the outer corners more. Maybe add a tiny bit of green to the eye color. She's almost there! Good job!
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: lots of helpful sim-sculpting information.
Page 1 of 4