Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:16 PM
Default Escape the Asylum - Prologue - Chapter 2
Prologue
No-one knows where I live and who I am but, of course, me. I can't tell anyone! You see... I live in an asylum. I know I'm not supposed to be there, but I've been born there and my room is locked! My mother and father were thieves that had mental problems, causing them to kill people for no reason. So they ended up here, where my mom got pregnant and had me. But, sadly, she died of blood loss, followed by my father, who died of grief when I was just a little 6-year-old. From then on I took care of myself, no school, no friends, no nothing. I, Fern Tates, wanted to escape this dreary place since my parents died! For some reason I didn't try, but starting today, I will try. I can't live in this place forever!

Chapter 1 - The Key
There must be some key around here, I thought, Where's a good place to hide a key...? I looked around and saw the gleam of something metal hanging up high from my reach, that must be it! I tried to jump and grab it, but that didn't work. An idea popped into my head, when I was small, I had a ladder that I used to reach high places like the cupboard. Conveniently, it was leaned up against the side of my closet. I took it and hauled it up to where the key was and began climbing. I nearly reached the key, but suddenly a large tentacle made of shadows shot out of a crack in the wall! It snatched me by the neck and lifted me up to face a hideous shadow creature with sharp teeth and evil red eyes. "Silly girl! You cannot escape this Asylum easily!" it hissed. I kicked and scratched at its tentacle, but my lack of air made it hard to stay conscious. Not long after, it all went black.

Chapter 2 - Rocky
I woke up in a strange cage hanging above a large pack of some kind of monster dogs trying to leap up and drag the cage down. I shrieked and jumped up, only to hit my head on the cage roof. "You're awake..." murmured a boy about my age next to me, "...did you encounter that ugly black monster?" He had shaggy brown hair and dull blue eyes. "Yes..." I replied, weakly. It was as if I hadn't spoken for a whole year! "It's basically the keeper of the Asylum. Whatever goes in never comes out." he shuddered. I looked down at the monster dogs, "What are those?" I asked, horrified. "They're the Keeper's experiments. He shoves them in a room and uses them to torture those who try and escape." the boy answered, "My name's Rocky, you?" "Fern." I answered. "Now, let's focus on getting out of here!" Rocky nodded, he must of been desperate if he were to agree with me! I saw a lever next to our cage and pushed it right before Rocky screamed, "DON'T PUSH THAT!" and we plummeted down into the monster dogs.

To be continued...