Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:11 AM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 19th Apr 2014 at 5:06 AM.
Default If you care about animal lives please read! Bali Mass-Murders Innocent Dogs
I'm sorry if this is not the best place to post this. I want to inform you the darker side besides the exotic holiday destination in Bali, Indonesia. In this island, there is an act to against rabies epidemic but what the governor has done is CULLING ALL DOGS , doesn't care if it's examined rabies infected or not, all stray dogs in perfectly healthy condition have been put down to death. There is no option to send them in quarantine shelter for rabies vaccinations. Several days ago, the mass murdering act has happened again.

The current news is http://regional.kompas.com/read/201...suntik.Mati.di. [Dogs are put down to death in Bali ] happened several days ago.
If you don't understand Indonesian language, use Google Translate.
The content is saying, The Head of Supervision and Execution of Agriculture Quarantine in Bali decided to kill all illegal dogs carried from Java to Bali as an prevention to against rabies outbreak in Bali . Rather than giving them vaccinations or put them in temporary shelter to adopt or even try to sell these dogs again to outside Bali at least to save these life of innocent dogs , the authorities choose the most instant, easiest, cheapest, and laziest method to eliminate the dogs!

Look at this video, these dogs are in PERFECTLY HEALTHY condition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhG7mNbE3cs [Death Executions of 30 Dogs in Bali ]

It's the killing method used for against rabies outbreak happened several years ago. Pain held by the dogs is much worse than euthanize.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Cn...&has_verified=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgN...&has_verified=1

Another article, in English
http://www.baliadvertiser.biz/artic.../pet_owner.html

If it's legal to kill innocent dogs who are not carrying rabies virus, then shouldn't it be legal to kill all these immoral people kill these dogs?
Yes I know these people are doing their job to secure the health of public people. Everyone knows that. These workers DO KNOW these they killed are innocent, healthy condition, not carrying rabies virus. These workers should have known they are wrong to kill innocent humans, then killing innocent animals should apply the same too! These animals are not killed for meat consumption, but were mass-murdered, hoping there will be no rabies spreading.
Typical Indonesians: they will search every way to not costing them money, the less money the better. They won't waste the money to give these dogs vaccinations to prevent disease and spay to control dogs and other stray animals population. Do not listen to voice saying: They kill the dogs to prevent rabies with less cost efficiency because the country is considered poor, third world country. Nope, they are wrong. There are many ways to prevent the diseases with more humane ways, but the truth is, the government and the society are lazy. The money for animal treatments are not really that big because there is no laws for ethical animal treatments in Indonesia, even though this country is actually rich from gaining taxes but stolen by corrupted government.The fastest method is killing them. Eliminating all dogs including the innocent healthy ones. They don't think think further about the future. They don't think about how other countries seeing this country acting sadism and cruel to animals with the killing method is not efficient to stop disease spreading.

If it's legal to kill animals those are considered ,'unneeded and dangerous' then shouldn't it be legal to kill HUMANS who are seriously in the state of 'unneeded and dangerous'? How about the first-degree murderers? Rapists? Corrupted ones? These 'unneeded and dangerous' people will never be sent to death as opposed to human rights, instead innocent animals that can be vaccinated to prevent spreading diseases are put down to death!
This is murdering. Not a solution to stop rabies harming people. Rabies viruses would come from everywhere, to stop it needs prevention. Vaccinations. Rabies WON'T STOP if the mediums (dogs) are just being killed. That will be not efficient and fruitless.

FYI, I hate and ashamed to say this, but you do have to know in Indonesia, dogs are mostly treated like shit. Muslims in this country mostly dislike dogs , even some young children try to poisoning the dogs owned by someone. Dogs saliva considered 'Haram' by Islamic Quran They are under paranoia if the dogs would bite them any time, even though the dogs are not harming people. These 'man bestfriend' animals have been discriminated, were looked up as 'dirty animals' and much worse is used as an highly offensive cursing word in Indonesia. If you say to people there, "You dogs !" you have offended people there much worse than insulting you are stupid, you are like a monkey, etc.

I have pictures of a white Kintamani dog when I had my holiday in Bali. He IS a stray dog. He's in perfectly healthy condition, having smooth fur, tame, and lovely. He's the most polite dog I've ever met, even more polite than Indonesian beggars. He didn't beg for food. He preferred sitting calmly on my side, looking at my smartphone camera, it's seems like he's smiling and wanted to speak to me 'Hello! How are you? Do you enjoy this beach?" but he can't. I have seen other stray dog running freely on the side of beach wave. Sitting on beach sand, looking at the sunset sun, enjoying the life.

Does this healthy, friendly dog need to die?

If you have friends or relatives in holiday in Bali , please inform them. Especially if you are all from countries which value animal rights to have better treatment. There is no quarantine shelter for animals in here. If the animal disease outbreak, animals will be killed in no time instead of being cured. There are still numbers of dog owners in this country, by the numbers and the laws here, they are not strong enough to fight against mass-murdering dogs in Bali. People in here mostly thinking 'Oh come on, there are just animals, not humans." Don't want to involve something that are not their business. There are NO laws to regulate ethical treatment for animals in here. You do know Indonesia has been tarnished by bad reputation of treating animals in 'Zoo of Death' Surabaya Zoo. . The death of precious endangered animals remained to skinny bone and sore, pitiful conditions.

I feel very grateful and appreciated if you listen to voice of Indonesian people care for unfair animal treatments unheard by authorities. Thank you very much.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:26 AM
I hate people who hurt animals. Makes me sad I can't do anything about it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
I'm sorry if this is not the best place to post this. I want to inform you the darker side besides the exotic holiday destination in Bali, Indonesia. In this island, there is an act to against rabies epidemic but what the governor has done is CULLING ALL DOGS , doesn't care if it's examined rabies infected or not, all stray dogs in perfectly healthy condition have been put down to death. There is no option to send them in quarantine shelter for rabies vaccinations. Several days ago, the mass murdering act has happened again. ...
If you have friends or relatives in holiday in Bali , please inform them. Especially if you are all from countries which value animal rights to have better treatment. There is no quarantine shelter for animals in here. If the animal disease outbreak, animals will be killed in no time instead of being cured. There are still numbers of dog owners in this country, by the numbers and the laws here, they are not strong enough to fight against mass-murdering dogs in Bali. People in here mostly thinking 'Oh come on, there are just animals, not humans." Don't want to involve something that are not their business. There are NO laws to regulate ethical treatment for animals in here. You do know Indonesia has been tarnished by bad reputation of treating animals in 'Zoo of Death' Surabaya Zoo. . The death of precious endangered animals remained to skinny bone and sore, pitiful conditions.

I feel very grateful and appreciated if you listen to voice of Indonesian people care for unfair animal treatments unheard by authorities. Thank you very much.

I'm sorry to hear that these dogs will be killed.
I live in the US and the situation isn't really that great here either. I have 2 rescue dogs - one came from Arkansas and one from Alabama. They were initially rescued by people who go to kill shelters and save as many dogs as they can. One of the rescue websites says. "Thousands of dogs and cats die each week in southern shelters. A lack of sterilization laws, longer breeding seasons, and a different attitudes toward pets combine to make overpopulation a tremendous issue in our area. For example, one local shelter in a county of approximately 80,000 euthanizes nearly 3,000 dogs each year. That's about the same number of animals the entire state of Connecticut euthanized during that time period." The estimate is 3 to 4 million dogs and cats killed in shelters each year. That's just normal procedure, not the result of a rabies outbreak. If no one removes the animal from the shelter within a set amount of time, they'll be killed.
(I watched a documentary on HBO called One Nation Under Dog. One of the segments was of dogs being 'euthanized' at a kill shelter - I'm not sure where it was located in the US. The workers carried the dogs to what looked like a dumpster and put them in. Then they turned on the gas, and the dogs were screaming. It didn't seem like there was any 'eu' in this euthanasia. Then they carried out more dogs and piled them on top of the corpses and they died screaming. Then they dumped the dumpster.)
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 1:24 PM
Our dog pound where I live gases animals. Absolutely disgusting, those animals die scared and it's not a humane death at all. I don't know how those people who gas animals can go home and be okay with themselves.
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 1:34 PM
Sadly there are so many cases of unnecessary killing of animals, and animal cruelty around the world. It is just disgusting. I believe that animals are just as important as people, and should have the same rights, eg. a person who has murdered an animal should be charged with murder. Whenever I see something like that on facebook etc. I always share or sign the petition etc., but I don't know if it actually helps. I also give money to animal charities via direct debit. Not a huge amount, as I can't afford much, but hopefully it helps.
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:52 PM
I wouldn't call this murder, as I place human lives above those of animals. However, it is wrong and shouldn't be done. Here in the US many people don't bother to spay or neuter their animals because they are too lazy or just "don't care." This results in the animals having babies year after year which sometimes get adopted but often don't, and are strays or go to shelters. I wish there was something I could do to help this situation in Bali. They deserve to be loved and cared for, not killed for no reason.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 3:45 PM
It's awful. It's awful that people treat animals as if they were insentient and it's awful that they do the same to their fellow humans. I feel powerless to stop the tide of violence. Frankly, animal abuse is rampant across the globe. As Rose pointed out, large numbers of cats and dogs are killed regularly in Southern states in shelters. New Hampshire, in the New England region of the United States, has become (after years of effort and changing the mindset), a no-kill state. It's not an easy thing to accomplish, but it proves that it can be done!

http://www.care2.com/causes/new-ham...te-be-next.html

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
If it's legal to kill animals those are considered ,'unneeded and dangerous' then shouldn't it be legal to kill HUMANS who are seriously in the state of 'unneeded and dangerous'? How about the first-degree murderers? Rapists? Corrupted ones? These 'unneeded and dangerous' people will never be sent to death as opposed to human rights, instead innocent animals that can be vaccinated to prevent spreading diseases are put down to death!

Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
I believe that animals are just as important as people, and should have the same rights, eg. a person who has murdered an animal should be charged with murder.

I couldn't agree more. There's a huge list of people I'd love to kill if murdering humans was legal and these scum are right near the top.

I'm sure the authorities would have plenty to say if I decided to walk into town and kill every ill person to "prevent the spread of the illness".
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
As Rose pointed out, large numbers of cats and dogs are killed regularly in Southern states in shelters. New Hampshire, in the New England region of the United States, has become (after years of effort and changing the mindset), a no-kill state. It's not an easy thing to accomplish, but it proves that it can be done!

I was checking around and saw that the footage in One Nation Under Dog of the dogs being gassed was shot over 12 years ago. The person who was writing about it acted like gassing dogs and cats doesn't happen anymore, so I have no idea whether that's true or not.
I'm pretty sure stray animals are still euthanized in CT where I live, so thanks for bringing up that we can pressure our states to adopt no-kill policies. (I think the situation with cats is much worse. When I had stray cats in my yard in the past few years, the Humane Society told me they wouldn't take them because they were so overcrowded.)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:56 AM
I blame people who let their pets have babies nobody wants. Here in Sacramento (California) the kill rate has improved in the last few years - it's now only 50%, used to be 80%. Four million a year are killed nationwide. It's a HUGE problem.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 1:00 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 27th Apr 2014 at 2:35 PM. Reason: I edit too much, then don't edit my edits, which need editing.
I think you are right about the situation being worse for cats. Dogs typically breed two times a year, but cats seem to go into heat much more often. People seem to notice and act on stray dogs more than cats. It took several years for New Hampshire to become a no-kill state and much of the effort had to do with spay and neuter initiatives that included funding and legislation. I wonder if it's really possible in all areas, given the amount of poverty in some places. But, no matter what, the situation could be made better anywhere with persistent effort.

Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:19 PM
My whole town is filled with stray cats and it's sad because we have two animal shelters that provide low cost spay/neuter programs and nobody takes advantage of it. And you're right about about cats being in heat more often than dogs because a cat's heat cycle is every 63 days.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 5:46 PM
That's great that the animal shelters provide low cost spay and neuter programs! It's an important piece of creating a no-kill state. There's more that needs to be done, according to the article.

It's got to be hard working in a shelter where the animals are euthanized. Several years ago a vet told me that he used to volunteer at a shelter and stopped because it got to be too much for him.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:45 PM
And - stupidly - the pound here (Sacramento county) considers cats "wild animals" who can take care of themselves. Don't know if it's a good thing, or bad (for THEM or the people who have to cope with them) that they won't pick them up. And they DON'T have a free neuter clinic.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 4:25 AM Last edited by sims 1 : 26th Apr 2014 at 4:49 AM.
when I lived in Detroit I used to pet the stray cats but they were just kittens I didn't bother the grown cats much except to give them food I let 2 generations of a kittens in the same family inside the outer apartment mail room so the kittens would not freeze in the cold I love dogs too but there was a time I didn't like my grandmas dog but i still petted her the reason was the dog kept on destroying my things and I was just a kid I;m full grown now and although I never had any pets of my own to live with me. with my health condition I need to focus on treating myself. Detroit is an awful place for stray pets one man used to throw the cats in the garbage dumpster and there was no nightly human society to rescue the pet I cared but I usually if cats don't know you they may bite or scratch you in defense because their scared and don't know what is happening but their was nothing I could do I told the human society that a man was torturing animals in the apartment parking lot but they never investigated and the dumpster was 9 feet high and deep and i could not get them out. without getting myself stuck in the dumpster. I care for dogs too one night in Detroit a pitbull died silently when struck by minivan I called 911 but they said they could not do anything. the dog made no cry or anything it was thunk and nobody knew what just happned. I think the it was quick for the dog and the minivan driver sadly never got out just pulled in his driveway like nothing happened