Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATED FOR ISLAND LIVING) Pyromaniac Trait + Allow Fire on every lot Script

by nl_alexxx Posted 15th Jan 2017 at 12:44 PM - Updated 29th Jun 2019 at 1:43 PM by nl_alexxx : script mod missing description

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArachneWebs69
Does this mod work for anyone else? I click the option to start the fire and my sim will do the angry animation, but nothing ever happens.

I think it only works on Residential lots (haven't tested it anywhere else but I remember that I had some issues with that). Furthermore, if the sim is pregnant, has the One With Nature Trait, or has a grim reaper trait, it will be very hard to start fires. This is because your sm will actually lit on fire itself when you start one, and those 3 traits I just listed are excluded from that. In my experience, if you just keep trying it will happen, You just need to stand around a lot of objects and just spam the action. You can start a fire while sitting so maybe try that? Worked for me.

Otherwise, I have no idea why it's not working.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 3:22 PM
OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH❤️ðŸ˜*I’ve been waiting for the update because this mod is what I really need in my game story. I literally tried making it XD but I got hopeless so searched it again and Yay! its been updated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 4:20 PM
YES! I am so glad you updated this mod! I have missed having serial arsonists in my game!
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 1:52 PM
OMG i kinda need an update of this ( can’t use it in Sulani😥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:05 PM
That's odd. It still works for me in the most recent update. I don't have the new EP though
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 4:31 AM
Oh really I keep having exception errors when I start a fire and I was about to murder a household and the fire didn't kill them but the murder was successful anyways they died freezing outside. Its okay though if you think it still works don't bother I use a lot of mods I'll try to test it maybe its a conflict between mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 7:31 PM
Please keep me updated! I'm very curious whether it's a problem with my mod or not. Maybe you can paste the exception here? If you can't find it, in your Sims 4 folder on your pc there should be some files called lastError or lastException or something, it could be in there.
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 10:30 AM
I found an issue with beach interactions. On normal ground in Sulani, near non-beach lots, this mod works fine. But on beaches it causes there to be no interactions of any kind. Not only does the pyro option not appear it also keeps the usual sand-related pie menu from showing. Everywhere else it was working okay.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bookaboo
I found an issue with beach interactions. On normal ground in Sulani, near non-beach lots, this mod works fine. But on beaches it causes there to be no interactions of any kind. Not only does the pyro option not appear it also keeps the usual sand-related pie menu from showing. Everywhere else it was working okay.

Yes I've found the issue. thanks for letting me know! The mod overrides the "terrain" object, and adds the start fire option to it. However, this terrain object was changed by EA for Island Living, and I was unaware of this since I dont have island living. Anyway, I'm updating it now with the new version of the terrain object so it should work again. But: I have no way to test.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 7:11 AM
Thank You for the update ❤️❤️sorry I wasn’t able to point out the problem, but if I encounter problem I will inform you.
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 12:15 AM
Does this still work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 2:05 AM
Can you please enable this for kids.... cant find it for kids :/
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Apr 2023 at 4:47 AM
I really wish that someone please fix this mod, Its the best thing ever , I just love whole concept :c

The start fire isn't functioning properly, and the mod is not really boding well with the scared or fear emotion, plus its a bit sad that my sim still runs away from the fire, they just cant do anything after the fire starts.
hopefully that info is helful.
Page 2 of 2