Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 7:49 PM Last edited by MamaLambNC : 18th Nov 2014 at 3:45 PM.
Default Physicians floor glitch...maybe???? Help? *UPDATE*
I think I saw this problem somewhere but for the life of me can't find it now. My Physician's floor has this big green thing in it. it looks like the grass is growing through the floor or something. Is there a way to fix it or anything that i can do? Thanks in advance, Patty

UPDATE:
I just went into an earlier game that did NOT have it so bad & it has gotten way worse! Am I going to have to trash my entire game & start over???
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MamaLambNC
I think I saw this problem somewhere but for the life of me can't find it now. My Physician's floor has this big green thing in it. it looks like the grass is growing through the floor or something. Is there a way to fix it or anything that i can do? Thanks in advance, Patty

UPDATE:
I just went into an earlier game that did NOT have it so bad & it has gotten way worse! Am I going to have to trash my entire game & start over???

I believe this is just a constant glitch that happens. I've installed my game on two computers and every time I go to the Physicians, it's there. It's really annoying, but I don't think it will do anything to your gameplay.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 7:44 AM
[QUOTE=MamaLambNC]I think I saw this problem somewhere but for the life of me can't find it now. My Physician's floor has this big green thing in it. it looks like the grass is growing through the floor or something. Is there a way to fix it or anything that i can do? Thanks in advance, Patty

I've got this too. Put some carpet over it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 4:13 PM
Thanks for answering...that's what I've been doing....A bookcase on each end with a desk facing the door & one of the large rugs placed in the middle...covers almost all of it!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MamaLambNC
Thanks for answering...that's what I've been doing....A bookcase on each end with a desk facing the door & one of the large rugs placed in the middle...covers almost all of it!

I think you probably saw a conversation between myself and Roryausten22, Mamalamb, where we were discussing the Doc's residence and the holes in the walls and floor, and the offset of the Throne Room. You may have noticed the entrance of the Throne Room on the floor does not match one side to the other. When placing duplicate furnishings to one side and the other, one of the objects will sit slightly inside of the wall, and when the exact object is placed on the opposite side of the other, it sits too far away from the wall. If you look at the frame very closely on the lines between the building of the Throne Room, and the grass in the front garden area where the outside front fence and the outside of the Throne Room building meet, you will see the discrepancies of the setting place of the building. You will see that the building overlaps the line where it should be placed.
There is also very similar trouble in the Blacksmith's home concerning the back wall, and placing a fireplace against it. The back of the wall shows through the interior of the fireplace. I can see the wooden frame laying over the place in the oven where a wooden log might sit on a grill inside the fireplace. These offsets have always bothered me tremendously. I detest when my monarch's hair pokes through his collar in any outfit he wears. I hate to see it on any sim! Its appalling to me! So to fix this I take over a sim to have them change either their clothing or hairstyle. I have discussed this subject with Chickieteeta at length, but never has there been an offer to attempt to rememdy this issue if its even possible. The world of modders has been silent during any posts and questions I have made concerning these issues in the game.

I have some great news for you, however, not in a fix to remedy these problems, but to disguise them better, than you are able to now, simply trying to cover the holes up in the Doc's house/hospital with rugs and bookcases.

This fix is to enable you to place a furnish item that belongs on the floor better, giving you absolute control of its exact placement. As I mentioned previously and surely you have noticed, when placing an item near a wall, it may not sit realistically in a corner, or some sims can't get to it to interact with it, depending upon which side of the building you have placed the object. Irritating isn't that???

Here is what to do to place the object in a correct manner for realities sake....While in Furnish Mode, select the object you wish to place. Lets say its a floor vase. While setting it down in the location using your mouse, HOLD down the ALT key on your keyboard, you will then notice the object will be able to slide around as if floating on air, until you release the ALT key and mouse pointer button. You can then place the item exactly as it should sit if the building were real, or in its logical place.

Using this cheat ability, you will be able to place a piece of furniture or rug exactly over the hole that is bothering you in the physician's clinic. There are only a few items which do not slide but they are few, so happy covering up TSM programming mistakes in buildings, Mamalamb. May your future kingdoms forever be glued perfectly with furniture better suited to hide the ugly rather than to look beautiful itself! That's my answer to my frustration with these ugly errors, too! LOL

Happy Gaming, Mamalamb,

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:01 AM
"Here is what to do to place the object in a correct manner for realities sake....While in Furnish Mode, select the object you wish to place. Lets say its a floor vase. While setting it down in the location using your mouse, HOLD down the ALT key on your keyboard, you will then notice the object will be able to slide around as if floating on air, until you release the ALT key and mouse pointer button. You can then place the item exactly as it should sit if the building were real, or in its logical place."

Great tip Xeny! The instructions for this are in the original booklet that came with my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 2:49 PM
Thank you Xeny! I'm going to try that the next time I play the Physician...I had no idea. I guess I need to go back & re-read the manual. I never saw it there or if I did, it was one of those things things that I just kind of skimmed over & went on. I'm kind of excited to go & tackle the offending spot now! Thanks again & Happy Gaming to you too!