Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:07 AM Last edited by r3m : 18th Jan 2016 at 4:00 AM.
Default Testers Needed for Custom Career
Hello, I brought back the Natural Scientist career from TS2 as a custom career.

It seems to be working fine, but I would be grateful if someone helped me test a few things (specially concerned about the first bullet):

• Levels 1, 4-5, 7-9 require career outfits from Get to Work. Is the career still usable to those who don't have this EP? What outfit does your Sim wear to work?
  • Sims can successfully use the custom Talk About Living Things interaction to discover if another Sim Loves the Outdoors or is Squeamish
  • Chance cards work correctly (try the Ignore button too)
  • Sims can get promoted and improve their performance by completing daily tasks and promotion requirements
  • Custom career tones work properly and can improve a Sim's skill level

Below is a quick overview of the career and its levels:

Made with patch 1.13 (but may work with latest patch). Overrides the following resources:

03B33DDF:00000000:7D699DEF21212D5E - sims.outfits.outfit_tuning
0C772E27:00000000:0000000000012A71 - Loot_Statistic_Fishing_CaughtFish
0C772E27:00000000:0000000000008AB6 - Loot_Gardening_SuperGreenThumb
0C772E27:00000000:0000000000002A05 - Cowplant_Feed_Loot
0C772E27:00000000:00000000000184D9 - Cowplant_Swallow_Sim_Loot

Unzip download to Mods folder to install. Do not unzip .ts4script file.

Updated version can be downloaded below.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 9:49 AM
Just plopped this in my game, will let you know how it goes @r3m
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 12:28 AM
Hi, was just wondering if it's meant to not have an option to call off via cell phone? Also, right now my sim is a Clam Wrangler, aka Level 3 in the Career, and is wearing overalls. When she was Level One, she was wearing the blue scientist coat. (You asked about outfits; I have the Get To Work EP)

Everything seems to be working fine so far. The career tones, the promotion requirements & daily tasks, haven't experienced any chance cards (yet). Though, if I may give a suggestion? The pay is really high! My sim is making $96/hour and she's only in the third level. It just seems a bit off, especially when compared to the salary for the Science career in-game, along with other careers in-game.

Thank you for your work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
Just plopped this in my game, will let you know how it goes @r3m

Thanks! Please check the updated version below

Quote: Originally posted by quafflerose31
Hi, was just wondering if it's meant to not have an option to call off via cell phone? Also, right now my sim is a Clam Wrangler, aka Level 3 in the Career, and is wearing overalls. When she was Level One, she was wearing the blue scientist coat. (You asked about outfits; I have the Get To Work EP)

Everything seems to be working fine so far. The career tones, the promotion requirements & daily tasks, haven't experienced any chance cards (yet). Though, if I may give a suggestion? The pay is really high! My sim is making $96/hour and she's only in the third level. It just seems a bit off, especially when compared to the salary for the Science career in-game, along with other careers in-game.

Thank you for your work!

Thanks for the feedback, @quafflerose31!

If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you:
  • What patch version are you using? I think the latest patch (1.14) broke the phone interaction. I'm on 1.13 and it does show up.
  • Does your Sim have custom career tones? For instance, at level 3 they should have the option to Study Clam Reproduction at work and build Fishing.

It's odd you have not seen chance cards. I send 4 Sims to work today and 2 of them got chance cards, so I decided to tune them down (10% of showing up instead of 25%). I also fixed some of the outcomes that were not working. Chance cards at level 1 and 5 can get your Sim fired. If that happens, you can join the career again and then cheat to get back to level 5 (careers.promote naturalscientist).

I'm uploading a new version. This one should fix the chance cards and career tones (which were not working for me the first time).

Edit: Forgot to mention that you're right about the wages. They're a bit high. I kept the original wages from TS2 University and then it made sense that the career had a higher pay because it was only available to Sims who have received a college degree. I'll lower the wages in the next update.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  r3m_natural_scientist.zip (272.0 KB, 41 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:54 PM
A few things:
1. I have GTW so I'm not sure about the uniforms.
2. The friendly interaction does reveal about the Love the Outdoors & Squeamish sims :>
3. Custom career tone works fine (granted I'm only at Scatmaster so don't know for sure about the rest)
4. Promotion daily tasks & skills are fine so far
5. Weird, I haven't encountered any chance card hmmm

Also I'm at 1.14 and I'm using the latest version of the mod.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 5:41 AM Last edited by quafflerose31 : 19th Jan 2016 at 1:33 PM.
@r3m, yeah I'm using 1.14 so that explains why the call off option isn't working. Thanks for clearing that up!

And no, now that you mention it, I've realized the custom career tones weren't working with the original version. I must have completely overlooked the "custom" in that sentence, my bad.

Yeah maybe when/if EA releases a College/University EP for Sims 4, you could revert the wages to the original! ^-^

I'll go try the new version now!

EDIT: Alright, the custom tones seem to be working for the fishing, but it didn't really seem to be working with the gardening specifically I think with level 5 (as that was when I first realized my Gardening Skill wasn't being increased). The chance cards, however, still aren't showing up for me. The sim I'm testing it with is now level 6 in the career and hasn't had one chance card yet! Maybe it's because I'm only using one sim? I'm not sure...

I'm off to bed, but I'll test it more when I wake up!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 7:58 AM
I got my first chance card! It was archaeological conundrum for a soil identifier. And yeah the custom career tone for gardening skill doesn't seem to work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 2:03 AM
Thank you both (@glastduke2131 and @quafflerose31) for the info!

Here's a list of the tones that your Sims should be getting.

And here's the chance cards. I forgot to mention that not every level has a chance card. What outcome did your Sim get, glastduke2131? Or did you Ignore it?

I'll be looking at the Gardening tones, tune down the wages and I guess then it'll be ready to upload. But if you find something else that is not working, please let me know!

Almost forgot, glastduke, is the phone interaction to take a vacation day off working for you?

Edit: I think I just found out what's going on with the gardening tones. They are set to build Logic instead -.- , I got them now.

Did you get the Energized/Focused buff from the tones?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r3m
Thank you both (@glastduke2131 and @quafflerose31) for the info!

Here's a list of the tones that your Sims should be getting.

And here's the chance cards. I forgot to mention that not every level has a chance card. What outcome did your Sim get, glastduke2131? Or did you Ignore it?

I'll be looking at the Gardening tones, tune down the wages and I guess then it'll be ready to upload. But if you find something else that is not working, please let me know!

Almost forgot, glastduke, is the phone interaction to take a vacation day off working for you?

Edit: I think I just found out what's going on with the gardening tones. They are set to build Logic instead -.- , I got them now.

Did you get the Energized/Focused buff from the tones?

I chose Test Further and got the positive outcome. Haven't gotten another chance card to try the Ignore button. The take vacation option did work tho. And I haven't gotten a buff from the skill-building tones, but then I haven't been using them all that much. I'll try more when I get in game. @r3m
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 5:29 PM
Sadly this hasn't worked for me since patch 19. Sims no longer go to work.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:38 PM
yeah this isn't working for me anymore