Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #10: Vincent's Sim Modder *UPD 22-SEPT*

by Numenor Posted 21st Sep 2005 at 12:36 AM - Updated 4th Nov 2005 at 8:08 AM by Numenor : Object now available in community lots

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 26th May 2006 at 10:15 AM
I don't know other hacks, but this one can be safely deleted at any time. It contains only Maxis routines that are already in the game, so deleting the object won't hurt your game (you can even remove it directly from the downloads, while the game is off).

For the same reason, I'm frankly surprised that this object could freeze your game: are you sure you didn't install anything else, along with the Sim Modder?
Anyway, try removing the Sim Modder from the game and let me know.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#127 Old 28th May 2006 at 3:27 PM
how does this work? I extracted it into my downloads folder, went into the sims 2 and looked under misc/misc and nothing was there!?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 28th May 2006 at 9:53 PM
Do you have the needed EP (Nightlife)?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#129 Old 29th May 2006 at 7:05 AM
I konw this is going to sound a little bad on my part,but i've triede everything I can think of. How do you install it into your game?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#130 Old 30th May 2006 at 12:39 AM
Just as explained in the first post: extrack the package from the rar and put it in the Downloads. Remember that this object needs Nightlife to work.

Test Subject
#131 Old 30th May 2006 at 11:56 PM
I've seen this before. Have it on all my Sims lots as a handy lawn decoration. It's adorable actually, better than that stupid Tombstone of L&D.
Test Subject
#132 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 7:38 PM
you never made this all u have to do is press ctr+shift+c then type
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then hold shift and click on a sim then click on spawn and click sim modder!!!!!!!!!!

God made man first but he needed some toys so he made woman
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 7:10 PM
Oh, really? Thanks for the info... I think I will put this as an Announcement in the first post...

Oh, wait! I've already put that announcement long ago! :D

Test Subject
#134 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 1:49 PM
Thankyou for this it rocks!!
Test Subject
#135 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 3:09 AM
Default OFB update
My hubby tried this with SERVOS: If you try to age a servo it turns them into an ANDROID! ITs so awesome...BUT if u age a servo below adult they loose thier face soon after. To make an android you have to age the servo to elder 1st (because servo is adult when they r completed) then age them back to adult.
Boom! a fleshy robot!! Has anyone else tried this?>
:lovestruc I luv it! :lovestruc
-/b-
Test Subject
#136 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 11:33 PM
I was wondering...will there be anything like OFB and Pets stuff added on to this? I'm sure if you play around with this, you could add in things like:
Talent Badges > Sales > None, Bronze, Silver, Gold.
Also, maybe werewolf availabilities?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 12:01 AM
This is a test object created by Maxis specifically for Nightlife. OFB and Pets have their own cheat objects.
Look in the Downloads/Object Mods (I suggest to filter the downloads by EP required).

Test Subject
#138 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:54 PM
It works with my Pets EP. THanks
Test Subject
#139 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:14 PM
This is a really nice mod. Can you add an option to change a sim's lifetime want?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 11:51 PM
No, I'm sorry. This object was created by Maxis, and I just made it buyable; I can't change it's options.

Test Subject
#141 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 4:00 AM
Can someone PLEASE help me? I followed ALL the instructions, perfectly, butt he object STILL doesn't show up in my game, ANYWHERE! PLEASE help somebody
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 8:39 AM
The two main things to check are:

1) Be sure you have Nightlife installed
2) Double check that you have a file named "Numenor_VincentsSimModder.package" in your Downloads folder.

Test Subject
#143 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 6:37 PM
Hey I FINALLY FOUND IT!!! My sis told me aout me I searched about everything I wrote on the search bar "baby mood object* lool yeah I heard from my sis that it's a baby,this wiz baby will gonna join me on my game thank you and I wish for you all the good work =) Keep it up man and thumbs up see ya!
Test Subject
#144 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 6:53 PM
hi i love this i have used it for a long time now but i have just downloaded the "SEASONS" ep and have notice it doesnt unlock all of the career rewards due to having new ones added...will you be doing an update for this? plzzzzzzzzzzzz lol thanks :-)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#145 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 11:32 AM
I didn't make the first one, either: Maxis made it. I don't plan to add new functions to this object; use the testing cheats, if you need the to unlock the two new career rewards (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, and then shift-click on the newspaper).

Test Subject
#146 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:08 PM
Ok thanks i will try the boolprop cheat :-) keep up the good work and things u make and post Manda
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:27 PM
Heh, awesome.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 1:46 AM
hey thanks so much my computer got wiped and i lost it i almost started crying ha ha this is the best thing ever thank you thank you thank you!!!

astro;zombie;;<3
Field Researcher
#149 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:33 AM
Numenor have you try this with any game starter with just OFB because i dont have NL
!!!
Test Subject
#150 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 10:24 AM
Thank you. This is by far my favorite game mod. I use it all the time and I love that it can change the lifetime aspiration. Does this work with BV? If not, I am going to hold off installing BV cuz I can't play Sims without this mod!
Page 6 of 7