Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 11:45 PM
Default Need for speed Carbon?
I know that game came out in november but i just bought it from EA link. I havent played it yet because my PC w / the good video card and all that other expensive and fun stuff is getting fixed at geeksquad because my memory stick, operating system and cd/dvd drive is corrupted for some odd reason.
Well anyway, the game seems appealing with the online racing and the graphics look awesome from the pictures but anyway i was wondering if anyone plays it and if its any good?
Advertisement
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 12:46 AM
For PC arcade racing it is okay I guess but Most Wanted is a better title (marginally though).

In reality though, if you want good arcade racing you need to turn to a console like the 360 or PS3. There aren't many good arcade racers on the PC. Need for Speed is pretty much top of the pile and they are fairly lacklustre racers IMO.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 1:20 AM
I've got Testdrive Unlimited for the 360, it'll also be released for the PC. I highly recommend it.

Carbon was... well dissapointing, and finaly destroyed my faith in the franchise, it'll be the last NFS I'll buy for a while. I finished it in just one weekend, the story mode was rather poor, and the racing itself, well, ever played mario cart? it was that easy.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 11:11 AM
TDU is awesome... so long as you have online access. The single player is a bit weak but as a racing semi-MMO it is awesome.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 8:03 PM
Thanks for posting about Test drive Unlimited, it look great, i might buy it.