Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 7:57 PM
Default Simcity - Two Years of the Worst to End?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm never buying Simcity again. Why? I've et tu brute'd them over, and quit the fanbase. I'll play from time to time, but it will never be the same as my new love affair, CITIES: SKYLINES.
Quote:
Somewhat... the antidote to SimCity.

The game I have played for nearly two years now is about to receive the nail in the coffin. I was not a huge fan of the Glassbox Engine when I first watched the video... because I was a sadist and watched people's houses burn down. Now I am against it. I have a city where the streets are clogged 24/?, and because of that, 'thousands' get fired everyday. I say 'thousands' because the game does not give you legitimate numbers.

Also, the size issue. While Simcity could hold the centre of Central Park, and dim sum, Cities Skylines starts with Central Park, then you can expand out to the size of York. Here are the actual facts.
SimCity 2013 - EAxis

Cities: Skylines - Colossal Studios
100x100km Squared - Can't find York Map

Sorry if I'm biased, but I'm excited. I can create BRANSHOLME!
So guys, good riddance SimCity 2013? Or see ya in a time when I actually want to play SimCity?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 11:38 PM
I saw the last video by James/Flabaliki, and is this a thread about simcity or skylines? I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, it can't be that great. I'm looking forward to the really big cities though with, simcity was so small on each tile and I soon lost interest, but citybuilding isn't really the same as housebuildings.

what York are you talking about? I hope you realize there is a York in the old world, and you city is just the NEW York. The old one has a history, you could have if you had taken care of the Indians
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I saw the last video by James/Flabaliki, and is this a thread about simcity or skylines?

I would hope that we continue talking about Cities: Skylines over in the other thread. Aaron4Ever has "joined the discussion there.
NOW onto todays news if EA/Maxis had done a better job with SimCity I wonder if they might not have closed the Emeryville studio. Also if it was done better would the folks at Colossal Order have felt there needed to be another city builder?

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I is this a thread about simcity or skylines?

what York are you talking about? I hope you realize there is a York in the old world, and you city is just the NEW York.

1. Yes, this is the 'say sayonara to SimCity' thread.
2.SimCity is Central Park NY, and Cities Skylines is the size of York in England.