Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM Last edited by annoyedhumanoid : 25th Mar 2018 at 2:59 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Sims can't walk through doors even after mods are uninstalled
So I went on a mod spree and added a bunch of CC to Sims 3. When I tried to continue playing the game, however, my Sims were unable to go through doors. They walk up to it, stop, stomp their feet, and have the 'x' on the footsteps thought bubble and the door thought bubble. So I uninstalled all my mods and cleared my cache and tried again, but it still happened. Then I renamed my 'Sims 3' folder 'Sims 3 Backup' and had the game generate new files. It didn't happen anymore. Then I replaced the new 'Saves' folder with my old 'Saves' folder so I could play as my old household in my old home, and it started happening again, so the problem is obviously within my saves. I have also tried deleting the doors and adding them back, but it still happens. So what I'm looking for a way to fix this problem without deleting my saves. Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I reread your post, this happens to "all" the doors? Try a MC town reset.

I know this isn't the right place to ask, but since you know, can you tell me how, exactly, to reset my town? I've installed the mod and only found the option to reset lot (which I did, and they still can't go through doors). Where's the option to reset my town?
Site Helper
#4 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:23 AM
Check City Hall.

A lot of the options for Master Controller are only found on the City hall (or Base Camp in vacation worlds.)
I think the option you are looking for might be called something like Reset Everything.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:37 AM
Thanks, Ghost sdoj. I reset everything, but it still doesn't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:01 AM
This doesn't happen in the whole town, just my lot.

1) Didn't work.

2) Worked.

3) Worked, but I had to un-furnish the lot so the family had enough funds to purchase it, so results may be skewed.

I'm in Crescent Bay Plaza in Bridgeport.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:53 AM
Okay, I tested number 3 again and the new family was no longer able to go through doors. So, the problem is in fact the lot.

Here's the link to the NHD on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2b9dn..._0x09ffe3d7.nhd
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:56 PM
That was so simple I'm actually a little disappointed. Thank you so much!