Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:39 AM
Default What is a very scary and gory Xbox 360 game?
Hi, I just wanting to know what is a very good scary and gory game for the 360? I want to try and scare my younger brothers
(which are not easy to scare as they are quite old) but they old enough to play any game. I have been thinking about Left 4 Dead and FEAR but I would also like for it to be split-screen co-op.
Advertisement
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 10:25 AM
Resident Evil 5 would be your best bet then. The entire game is built around co-op (making it a rather meh single player experience unfortunately) and there is a new DLC pack available which is very enjoyable.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:18 PM
I would say Dead Space, lots of gory deaths

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 10:11 PM
But no co-op.

It is an excellent, tense and thrilling experience though.

Dead Space was definitely a sleeper hit for me.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 1:16 AM
manhunt 2. it's not for xbox 360 but it's for the wii and playstation. i LOVE manhunt, it must be the goriest game i've ever played.

as for death, and shooting and blood etc you can try any game out of saints row or the grand theft auto series. there are some charms there. i've played grand theft auto games, and i've played saints row 2. i can tell you i really do love them.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 5:36 AM
BioShock, one and two! BioShock one has no co-op, BioShock 2 has online muiltiplayer. Also try Left 4 Dead 2. Lots of zombies and dismembered limbs and flesh and flames... >:D Plus it has offline co-op (and online).
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 7:51 AM
Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are good co-op games. If you want to scare your brothers, tell them that the crying girls in L4D 1 and 2 are the weakest Infected and that a good way to kill them is coming up behind them and pistol whipping them. Film their reactions for the 'lulz'.

"I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows. I am also an old, old woman. More than that you need not know."
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 6:40 PM
Dead space for one
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 10:31 PM
People really picked up on that whole 'looking for co-op' thing didn't they? :P

Alchemist
#10 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:05 PM
Bioshock 2. It isn't gory as such but it's quite scary! I'm not sure if it's co-op but it is multi-player
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:42 AM
I have decided to go with L4D.

Quote: Originally posted by Night Revenant
Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are good co-op games. If you want to scare your brothers, tell them that the crying girls in L4D 1 and 2 are the weakest Infected and that a good way to kill them is coming up behind them and pistol whipping them. Film their reactions for the 'lulz'.

I had just read about the Witch in L4D and That would be the FUNNIEST thing to do, They have no clue that the Witch even exists in L4D.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:38 AM
I would suggest silent hill(idk about homecoming but the earlier ones were scary)but it's not co-op

oh you don't say? Oh You Don't Say!? OH YOU DON'T SAY!?!? Wanna know who it was? They didn't say.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 7:29 PM
I'd say Allan Wake is pretty scary, it's more of a Thriller, but it scared the crap out of me! It's not really gory though.

Alien vs Predator (when you play the Predator) I think is pretty gory.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itsnotozzyitsozzy
I would suggest silent hill(idk about homecoming but the earlier ones were scary)but it's not co-op

I never finished Silent Hill, I was SO scared! & I was like 18 years old lol
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 6:34 AM
Resident Evil 5 is not scary. Pretty gory though.

Dead Space 2 is even gorier, and closer to scary.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 9:46 AM
I repeat...

Quote: Originally posted by Me
People really picked up on that whole 'looking for co-op' thing didn't they? :P

:P

Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 11:13 AM
Left 4 Dead, for sure!
If not that, Dead Rising. OMG Dead Rising 2 is scary near the end, and when you're not feeling like fear, it's a REALLY fun game.

But L4D is a great game, with on and offline multiplayer action, immense graphics, lovely sound effects, and great scenerios.
When playing 2-player you can even play it differently each time, either, gather everything and try to fend off zombies at the ends of levels or be really realistc and try not to get bit ONCE.
Oh I LOVE that game
L4D is more at daytime, so not AS spooky, but hell of a lot more fun to play, and still scary!