Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 6:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pleasantview Townies in Downloaded Hood
I guess I'm posting this in the correct section...

I have the Ultimate Collection and have looked everywhere, but I still can't find a clear answer for this: I downloaded a custom neighborhood on Tumblr that comes with 27 custom townies and all custom NPCs but when I put it in my neighborhood folder and went to play, I noticed that all the Pleasantview townies and EP townies were loaded by the game into the hood. I don't want this. Lol.

When I checked the character files it was at 330 something when there only should've been less than 200. I would like the hood to be entirely populated by new Sims since I have a nice default replacement face template set as well. I really don't want to use empty hood templates because sometimes I like to play the premades.

So, is there any other way that I can control the townie pool without using empty templates?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 7:03 PM
default townies comes from default templates (including these hidden ones like hobby places).

If you want to get rid of them either delete (make backup 1st) defaults (N001 in particular) if you do not intend ever play the Pleasantview, or get a clean ones and replace defauts with them.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Inventor
#3 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 7:49 PM
Only sort of. You can keep the Pleasantview Townies from spawning pretty easily. I have the UC, as well, and this is the method I use to keep them from being added when I don't want them (but keeps them available for later if I do). You'll want to find the Pleasantview folder in your programs files and rename it. My path is Program Files (x86) - Origin Games - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Double Delux - Base - TSData - Res - Userdata - Neighborhoods. Find the folder N001 and rename it to something else. Just tagging on something like -bak or -original is enough. Mine is N001-bak so I don't forget what the folder originally was. You can keep it like this until you either want those Townies back in a new hood or you want to refresh your main Pleasantiew. Keep in mind they won't be added later to any hood without them, even if you want them and give the folder back it's original name.

I believe it's not quite the same with stealth hoods. Although you can rename them to prevent the stealth hood from being added, if you ever give them back their original name and load up a hood that doesn't already have them attached they will get attached then. If you don't want to lose the original stealth hoods but want to prevent the EP Townies/NPCs from being added, I'd suggest renaming the originals (so you'll still have them if you want them later) and replacing them with empty stealth hoods. This way, when you load up the hood, the game will attach the empty stealth hoods. And later, if you decide to put the originals back, their associated Townies/NPCs won't be added because the game will see the hood already has stealth hoods attached. (Sorry, I haven't done the stealth hood thing, myself, so I don't know all of the paths to those folders.)
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 9:17 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 11th Sep 2019 at 5:46 AM.
Devon is correct that all you have to do to keep the Pleasantview townies from spawning is rename the N001 template folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N001 for UC.

The principle is simple. The game can't load the folders you rename because it can't find them. You should make sure you know what you're getting rid of. The game spawns 30 townies that will be roaming about your hood from N001, but the bin familes are coming from the stealth hoods below.

My treatment of stealthhoods is a little different and might be useful to someone else or you may want to do this because it doesn't have to involve empty templates.

I do this: I had already put empty ones in, so I keep those, but I also keep another folder with the original, so I don't have to move/copy/swap any files if I want to use any of them. I just rename the folders to have 1) completely disabled stealth hoods (both renamed as shown), 2) empty stealthhoods (rename the stealth one to NeighborhoodTemplate), or 3) original stealthhoods (rename the original folder to NeighborhoodTemplate). This makes sense for me because I create different game folders for different purposes.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 11:46 PM
Thanks all for replying! I'd never thought you could keep extra folders in the Program Files! All this time I've been playing musical chairs with my folders *sobs* Ugh! I'm so slow sometimes.... Okay so I've renamed the Pleasantview folder, but I still have those annoying Apartment life/social group townies (like Michelle Tse) popping up... How do I keep her kind away (lol) and is she also from the stealth hood with the witch? I also have those cleaned templates by meetmetotheriver in replacement of the main hoods which is another reason why I don't want to "turn them off".
Inventor
#6 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 3:37 AM
Yes, social group townies came with apartment life, along with magic and the witches. You can either use Sunrader's method to disable the originals, or you can just replace them outright with empty ones.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 4:45 AM
You can also have multiple folders under documents as well and have separate download folders. It's very handy for having a modern hood and a medieval hood since you can go wild with defaults.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 6:05 AM
I did as you guys suggested and renamed the Pleasantview folder and then placed in empty templates and my character files are at at a beautiful 169 :') Thank you all so much for helping me! Now I can play with all new faces :D