Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:19 PM
Default I hate mrs. Crumplebottom...
any one else find mrs.crumplebottom annoying? my sim and his wife woohooed in the photobooth. I thought she would beat him senseless with her purse! i didn't see a problem at at all, considering they were married! i killed mrs.curmplebuttom once before. i was surprised when the old bag showed up, despite being dead!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:39 PM
Even death won't stop the old bat. I've tried. I think move objects will can rid of her, but it's only temparary. She will be back.0_o
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:46 PM
*ahem*

I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually kind of likes Mrs. Crumplebottom. I have no idea why. I think it's hilarious when she beats on people with her purse and spends the rest of the evening drinking at the bar.

And I don't think you can really kill her. She's one of those "special" NPCs; she'll just respawn.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 6:30 PM
I killed her...and haven't seen her since...
I got fed up of her getting everyone to change back out of swimwear...
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 6:52 PM
Wait, Mrs. Crumplebottom is an untouchable NPC, like the therapist and the social bunny, so what are you guys doing killing her? That just sounds like a recipe for a big fiery ball. Besides, that's what visitor controller's for.

In any case, my sims rarely leave home, and never for dates (too many romance sims for that to be viable), so I hardly ever have to deal with her.
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 7:37 PM
I hate her. None of my sims ever use downtown anymore - it's a residential-only subneighborhood. So that she'll never be seen because there are no lots available for her to appear at... Moved all of the community lots to the OFB subneighborhood.
Has anyone who has BV and NL ever seen Unsavory try to serenade her? Not sure if this is real or not... just had to find out! If it is true, if he actually does 'love' her...
I don't like Ms. Crumplebottom, but Unsavory Charlatan, I hate him even more. Because he shows up everywhere! And I heard that if you report him, he'll stalk your Sim and show up at your sim's house everyday! :o

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
*ahem*

I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually kind of likes Mrs. Crumplebottom. I have no idea why. I think it's hilarious when she beats on people with her purse and spends the rest of the evening drinking at the bar.

And I don't think you can really kill her. She's one of those "special" NPCs; she'll just respawn.

I hardly ever play the Maxis Downtown, but I also like Mrs Crumplebottom, and all of the other 'annoying' NPCs. I don't mind them in my Megahood, but I used clean templates and NPC hacks in my custom 'hoods. No Maxis characters allowed!

I have quite a few Maxis Sims who have the LTW to 'Woohoo 20 Sims'. Might have to take them all Downtown to see how many they can get away with before Mrs Crumplebottom comes swinging her purse!
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 10:35 PM

Now that might actually be a fun challenge! How many woohoos can you rack up Downtown before you get smacked with Mrs. C's purse? I might have to give that a try one of these day, when I have a spare Romance Sim floating around...

Glad I'm not the only one with a soft spot for the old bat...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#9 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 1:07 AM
I found out that eating at the outdoor hotdog stand doesn't stop her either. My teen sim was in a swimsuit and eating a hotdog and Mrs. Crumplebottom still came over and yelled - and my sim stopped and reacted. And while she was reacting the shop owner took it as she was finished and threw away her food >_<

Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 6:59 AM
I have never seen Mrs Crumble on community lots, that's because of visitor control (which is awesome!) but I do have seen her on residential lot... When my romance sim had wished for romance through wishing well a couple of times, she climbed out of the well and started beating him with her purse I have simwardrobe's buyable Mrs Crumbles purse in my game, and my sim could take his turn and beat HER with it. It was hysterical! Really made my day. funny thing is that I kinda want to see her at community lots also, it gives a little drama to gameplay
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 11:36 AM
I hate her too!!! But I make my sim make out with his girlfriend in front of her just to piss her off! ......And one time his girlfriend was LAUGHING when he was geting beat up! O.o

OH! And one time there was this really weird glitch where Mrs. Crumplebottom was going to beat up his girlfriend and then she fell IN the floor and then he was mad at his girlfriend and fell out of love with her for 2 days for no reason at all!!! O____o It was really weird.......but at least I cought everything on tape!
Instructor
#12 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 12:37 PM
Pescado's Crumplebottom fix gets rid of some of her more annoying behaviors.

Personally, I would love to recreate Mrs. Crumplebottom as a sim and stick her in my neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 1:01 PM
personally I like the hilariousness that Mrs. Crumplebottom adds to the game...although she hasn't beat any of my straight sims. she always beats up on my gay men couples lol. that was the first time I saw her...two of my teen gay male sims who were boyfriends were making out and she started beating them XD apparently the Mrs. Crumplebottom in my game is homophobic and does not mind straight people lmao.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 1:46 PM
You know you can cancel the action queue right? Anytime that woman is on the lot I am prepared, if my Sims Woohoo and I see her Queue I cancel it so it's like she's yelling at no one lol because everyone going on with thier business ignoring her.

Sometimes right before my Sims gets into a car I like to make them interact with her. So she comes walking towards my Sims but he or she jumps in and drives away while Mrs C is just standing there yelling at the road even thought the car just disappeared.
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 1:06 AM
One time, Mrs. Crumblebottom was at one of my lots and wouldn't let my sims take baths. Whenever they got the nude blur, she'd yell from downstairs at them and they'd change back into everyday.

Took awhile to fix their moods after a day of not bathing cause of her. I dunno if it was a gltich or not, but even after I controlled her I couldn't make her go away.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeverwinterCC
One time, Mrs. Crumblebottom was at one of my lots and wouldn't let my sims take baths. Whenever they got the nude blur, she'd yell from downstairs at them and they'd change back into everyday.

Took awhile to fix their moods after a day of not bathing cause of her. I dunno if it was a gltich or not, but even after I controlled her I couldn't make her go away.

I never had her come to one of my sim's homes. I don't like mrs. crumple bottom at all. she gets on my nerves acting like she can control everyone, basically, she acts like she is the moral police.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeverwinterCC

I had the exact same thing happen to me, somehow Mrs. Crumblebottom just walked right onto my lot, ran into my bathroom, and yelled at my sim for getting naked to take a shower. I have no clue why she decided to walk over to my house, which wasn't even downtown, I didn't even have a wishing well or anything that could summon her.

I tried to get rid of her, but there was no 'say goodbye' option. Eventually I used the move objects cheat to delete her.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:22 PM
I have NEVER seen mrs crumplebottom

I am Jesse and im looking for mostly hairstyles and clothing for my sims, or mods/careers. Please let me know if there is anything AWESOME out there
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:20 AM
well, like her or hate her... i think that will give a twist in game... just imagine that mrs.crumplebottom is gone, coz in real life there are really one like her...wahahhaahha

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:35 AM
god shes such a "B", i even tried to be nice and hug her and she whooped the crap out of me with her old weird bag, also one time she slapped my sim child, my sim called the cops for abusement and they took her away and she was yelling. LOL
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:36 AM
Vintage Eve: Yeah like this teacher at my school Ms. Cooke , shes totally like mrs.crumplebottom. THEY LOOK ALIKE ALSO!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:46 AM
hahaha... callie that teacher of yours must be very rude ... well i prefer having mrs. crumplebottom in my neighborhood that'l give a twist coz not everybody in the neighborhood is nice

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 3:04 PM
xD EXACTLY!
Scholar
#24 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 8:30 PM
I'm guilty of antangonising Mrs. Crumplebottom. I just can't stop myself. I think it's funny....yes, I'm a strange sick person .

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.