Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 5:29 PM
Default How can I turn my sim into a special NPC?
Hello everyone!

I have a strange question, as the topic tittle says, I want to turn my sims into special NPC. Turning them to townie or downtownie is easy, it can be either done through the NPC maker tool or with Simpe. But turning them into special NPC? I really have no clue.

I explain what I have in mind. Basically I made it so Angela and Lilith from Pleasantview became witches. Angela is now and infallibly good witch and Lilith is an atrociously evil witch.

What I'd like to do is to make it so Angela becomes the special good witch NPC and Lilith becomes the special evil witch NPC.

The only way I could think of was to generate new witches NPC and then use sim surgery and SimPE to edit all of the relationships. That however would be a painstakingly long work, because both the Pleasant twins know a lot of different people.

So I was wondering if someone can suggest a more easier way to achieve the same goal. Thank you ^^
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:45 AM
Lol i want my family on SBN on TV heh
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:18 AM
I believe the Insiminator has the option to move someone out of a household as a NPC. Although I have never used this option and am not sure if it would cause any problems.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 5:27 AM Last edited by please_dont_crash_my_game : 28th Dec 2009 at 7:05 PM.
The below is complete speculation and has never been tested, but is backed up by parts of the Nxxx_Characterxxx.package files I have found.

Sims moved to the NPC family, as far as I know, still do not have the right NPC code - sims generated as (for example) maid NPCs have maid code in their character file, or behavior file, or somewhere, so even if you move sims to the NPC family, they will be of indeterminate "type" and will be a normal sim - thus, never appearing in gameplay.

I'd just recommend letting the game generate the NPCs, and (assuming they're editable and not like Mrs Crumplebottom or GrimReaper or something) use SimSurgery to modify their appearance. Then, you can alter personality to match.

I don't have AL, so I couldn't give you more accurate advice, though. I have edited newspaper-delivery NPCs and other similar characters though.

EDIT: Use SimPE. Go into the Sim Browser and select an NPC of the type you want, then click Other. Copy the value for NPC Type. Open the sim you want to turn into an NPC, and paste the value in. EXPERIMENTAL