Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:38 AM
Default Cemetery...
it really sure looks awkward putting a graveyard at the back of your lot/s ...
can i build a cemetery at the community? ... so if someone dies i can just put its gravestone at the cemetery i made... can someone give me a nice idea how to put this up?

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:53 AM
i just checked that out for you. if you go into edit town and pick any empty lot that you would like to use click on it and change the lot type. then you can go into build/buy mode while still in edit town and you will see community objects at the far right of the build que to use and there is cemetary stuff in there.then you should go and download the buyable grave plots that are here and you should be good to go. :p
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 7:01 AM
what lot type will i put? as for the cemetery?

Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 7:09 AM
most time a cemetery would be a community lot for all to use but since i have not made one yet i don't know if other sims in town would use it so i think the choice is yours to decide. let me know how you make out. i will try and make one in the next couple days myself just to see.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 7:11 AM
uhmm what i mean is if i change the lot type..what will i type in? coz i tried a plain community lot..then the gravestone cannot be placed at the ground its locked..since i cant put in things on the community lot

Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 7:56 AM
oh ok then you should start out as a comunity lot if you want to use any of the cemitary buildings,(mossulem,reaper statue,etc.) then change back to residetial and you can put the rest of your stuff in.you should be able to change the lot back and forth to complete you cemitary just remember to save progress as you go so you don't have to start over.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 8:35 AM
you can make it a community lot and still go into it from the neighborhood view to rearrange grave stones, etc. as necessary.

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 9:32 PM
To make a cemetery, you would use any community lot. You could even use an existing lot to use as your cemetery. One of the EPs allowed you to click on the tombstone or urn and there would be an option to "Move this grave" or "Move all graves." This would move the grave from your residential lot, to a community lot of your choice (a pop up will let you choose where to move them to). You could also place the tombstone/urn into your inventory, travel to a community lot, click an area on the lot and there will be an option to "Place Molly's grave here."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 1:14 AM
oh i see..havent found that out...i think i wont be having any problem about cemetery anymore..since i got all expansions of sims2 installed... the only expansion i dont have is the kitchen and bath stuffs..but i think thats just stuffs... and yea..thanks guys for helping and thanks roses for telling that i can move graves...

Instructor
#10 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 2:33 AM
You're welcome.
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosesforme17
To One of the EPs allowed you to click on the tombstone or urn and there would be an option to "Move this grave" or "Move all graves." This would move the grave from your residential lot, to a community lot of you

This option was added with NL, but I have yet to get it to work successfully. The stones always disappear when I leave the community lot and return to my sims' inventories.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 4:48 AM
You have to have the gravestones with the sims that carried them to the house they're in.
For example-the Goths-if you put all the graves into any of their inventory, then move the Goths into another house, the stones should show up on the curb of the lot when you place them in the house.
From there you can either put them on the lot, back into inventory, or move them to the cemetery-but you must save that game when you do this, or else they will not show up at the cemetery.
Once you've saved the game, you can go to the community lot and they will be sitting at the curbside waiting to be placed in the lot.
Instructor
#13 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 4:52 AM
Oh, okay, I hadn't tried that.

So does that mean you always have to move houses when someone new dies and you want their stone in the cemetery, or just the first time?
Instructor
#14 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 5:07 AM
You don't have to move the sims to move the grave. Let's use the Goth family as an example since they have ample supply of tombstones. While in live mode, with your selected sim, click on the tombstone of choice. There should be like three choices. Pick either the "Move this grave" or the "Move all graves." A pop up will appear will the list of community lots (Just like if you were going to visit the lot) in the neighborhood. Select the desired location. Let's say "Go Here Sunshine Park" in Downtown. Click okay. Then there will be a slight pause while the grave is moved. You will see the ghost of that sim, temporarily, waving goodbye. There will also be a notification that the sim has died on another lot and that the grave will only be moved if you save the game. Once it has finished, save the game. The grave should now be at the selected community lot where you can enter in buy/build mod and placed wherever on the lot.

Edit: If you are trying to move the graves by placing them in the sims inventory and visiting a community lot: After you place the grave on the community lot and head back home, you may think the graves are still in the inventory, but they may only be empty tombstones. If it says "Rest in peace" or whatever it says, rather than the sim's actual name, then the grave was placed at the community lot and should still be there if you visit it again. I don't know why, but the game leaves a blank copy of the graves in the inventory when moved that way. So it may just be the shadow copy you are seeing in your sim's inventory afterwards.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 6:57 AM
There're some cemeteries on bbs, TS2 official site for download, I haven't done it yet, so I've sent all graves to the market in Uni, one starts with F, don't remember its name. I'm pretty sure not gonna send my sims to that uni. Follow Rosesforme instruction.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosesforme17
Edit: If you are trying to move the graves by placing them in the sims inventory and visiting a community lot: After you place the grave on the community lot and head back home, you may think the graves are still in the inventory, but they may only be empty tombstones. If it says "Rest in peace" or whatever it says, rather than the sim's actual name, then the grave was placed at the community lot and should still be there if you visit it again. I don't know why, but the game leaves a blank copy of the graves in the inventory when moved that way. So it may just be the shadow copy you are seeing in your sim's inventory afterwards.

This R.I.P tombstone appears also if the family moves to a new house. I had Sims who had placed tombstones in their inventories and forgot to place them in the Cemetery, and when they moved in to a new house there appeared two tombstones: the real one lying on the curb and one R.I.P. copy in their inventory.

When you move a tombstone from a Sim's house to a community lot and the process is completed, the pop up window reads, "This Sim died in another lot but it will return in the place of his death in spirit." Maybe this shadow copy represents a remembrance of the dead Sim, kinda of his ...spirit? Far-fetched, I know, but I have yet to find another explanation.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 3:02 AM
one more thing....if i move the urn at the cemetery i made how can i make their ghost appear everytime i will visit the cemetery at night? coz i was thinking if i could let out these ghost ....

Instructor
#18 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 3:28 AM
I don't think they will automatically appear each time you visit. I think you would still need to stay for a couple sim nights.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 7:49 AM
like how many nights? enough to make them appear each time i will visit the cemetery?

Mad Poster
#20 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 2:55 PM
Quote:
This R.I.P tombstone appears also if the family moves to a new house. I had Sims who had placed tombstones in their inventories and forgot to place them in the Cemetery, and when they moved in to a new house there appeared two tombstones: the real one lying on the curb and one R.I.P. copy in their inventory.

The real advantage of having "empty" gravestones in their inventory (once you put the real ones where you want them) is that you can take them out of inventory and sell them. $150 for each one!
Instructor
#21 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 5:23 PM
Vintage_Eve, the best advice I can give you, is to just try it. Visit a community lot and hang around. Just make sure that you can still take care of your needs, or use a cheat, because it can take a couple of sim nights, as I had said, for the ghosts to appear. The ghosts will not automatically appear if you visit every night.
Instructor
#22 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 10:13 PM
I had the best luck at my cemetery if my sim arrived before sunset and waited until around midnight. It seemed like they didn't appear if arrival was after dark. My cemetery has a BBQ and restroom facilities in a discrete area.
Site Helper
#23 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 3:43 PM
You can also send a sim with a logic skill of at least 3 and a playful score under 8. When the sim gets there, have the sim start meditating. The sim's needs won't drop and the sim can then stay as long as it takes to wake the ghosts up.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook