Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 3:36 AM
Default Abnormal Textures with New Faces
I have spent the past couple of days remaking an old mesh that I had started on a few months ago with different resources and more ambition. Everything progressed along smoothly until I edited my texture files and noticed that the parts of my mesh that were deleted and given new faces did not render textures and used the incorrect color mapping.
I've inserted some images below so that you all can see what I'm talking about. Thanks much in advance for your help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 7:04 AM
Did you UV-map the new faces and could you post a pic of the UV map?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Did you UV-map the new faces and could you post a pic of the UV map?

I don't understand what you mean by mapping the new faces, perhaps I overlooked that when I was learning.
I suppose that would explain the blank areas in the map though.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 1:03 PM
Yes, looks like you need to place those faces correctly on the UV map.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:50 AM
Thanks for your quick reply, Cmar.
Now I can find a tutorial and finish this mesh!

Great mods by the way, I've used many of them since I started modding my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:08 AM
Do you know of any good tutorials that will cover mapping new faces?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 11:11 AM
This may be helpful: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...696#post1093696

The whole tutorial is instructive and comment 5 by Dr Pixel which I linked to talks about your particular situation. It's for Sims 2 so some details about the meshes don't apply but the UV mapping procedure in Milkshape is the same. (It looks like you're using Milkshape in the screenshots.)

Be careful with the last step in that comment - 'weld together' may result in an error that you need to split the seams when you export. If so, use the Model Cleaner tool.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:49 PM
Thanks so much Cmar! You're a life saver.