Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 12:03 PM
Default A really big doubt...
I want to know one thing: A sim buys a community lot and makes a restaurant.
If other sim (not from the same household) goes to that lot will the restaurant be running?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 12:43 PM
Yes, it will be run by the owner and any employees that owner has hired. In my experience, this works out badly. The owner will usually perform the role of maitre d', and -- if there are no employees -- the owner will not switch to the waiter and chef roles. So nobody gets any food.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 6:01 PM Last edited by Lombus : 9th Oct 2009 at 7:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Yes, it will be run by the owner and any employees that owner has hired. In my experience, this works out badly. The owner will usually perform the role of maitre d', and -- if there are no employees -- the owner will not switch to the waiter and chef roles. So nobody gets any food.

Thank you ! Is there a mod, a hack or something to fix this?
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 9:49 PM
No Reassign Workers by Pescado @ Maty
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Lombus : 9th Oct 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bubbajoe62
No Reassign Workers by Pescado @ Maty

I tried it and it didnt work... Maybe it is not compatible with AL
They just go to podium waiting for service and dont do a thing...
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 12:51 AM
Wait, do you play the restaurant owner? Then you have to make your sim run the restaurant, that's what this part of the game is for.
Let him do the different jobs and serve the customers or let him hire employees and let them work as waiter/chef/maitre.
The mod works, if you have employees with assigned jobs at that lot and visit this lot with a sim from a different household, but restaurants or shops are not "self-running" when you play the owner.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Wait, do you play the restaurant owner? Then you have to make your sim run the restaurant, that's what this part of the game is for.
Let him do the different jobs and serve the customers or let him hire employees and let them work as waiter/chef/maitre.
The mod works, if you have employees with assigned jobs at that lot and visit this lot with a sim from a different household, but restaurants or shops are not "self-running" when you play the owner.

I don't know if i understand what you said, but what i did was: make a playable characther buy and build a restaurant; then i hired employees to be chefs, waiter and a maitre; then i made the sim left the lot and go home; at last i went to play another family of mine and visit the restaurant but the employees weren't working.
I don't know maybe i did something wrong?
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:29 PM
Just to clarify, did you actually assign your employees jobs by clicking on them or the podium (or the restaurant stove, I think)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:02 PM
Just to clarify, did you actually assign your employees jobs by clicking on them or the podium (or the restaurant stove, I think)?

Yeah and i tried both ways (clicking on them and in the podium)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 2:45 PM
I haven't tried to play as a restaurant owner, but try one more time. Play for a bit your restaurant owner, start the day --or the evening-- call in his employees and run the business for a bit to see how things work. End the shift, close the restaurant and send employees home. Next day send another Sim there and see what happens.

As for the hacks/mods you use, make sure Pescado's mods load last.

I find it weird to be unable to run a fully operational restaurant -- I'm not questioning your reason here, but what might be wrong with the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
I haven't tried to play as a restaurant owner, but try one more time. Play for a bit your restaurant owner, start the day --or the evening-- call in his employees and run the business for a bit to see how things work. End the shift, close the restaurant and send employees home. Next day send another Sim there and see what happens.

As for the hacks/mods you use, make sure Pescado's mods load last.

I find it weird to be unable to run a fully operational restaurant -- I'm not questioning your reason here, but what might be wrong with the game.

Thank you for the tips but it still doesn't work. I have also checked the hacks to see if there was a confict, but all seems to work fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 1:10 AM
I trust all your hacks/mods are updated.
If you use Pescado's mods make sure you have the latest files for AL: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

Now I'm curious to see why this is happening to you. I might send one of my wealthy Sims to buy a new restaurant I built recently and see what happens...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 5:35 PM
I trust all your hacks/mods are updated.
If you use Pescado's mods make sure you have the latest files for AL: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

Now I'm curious to see why this is happening to you. I might send one of my wealthy Sims to buy a new restaurant I built recently and see what happens...

I have installed the hack of that site and it doesn't work. I tried with another business (selling furniture), and the only that works is the owner that goes to the cash register.
This is quite frustating i hope we can figure out what might be wrong.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 1:47 PM
I have some bad news for you, Lombus.
I tried the restaurant business myself and it works. What I did:
Hired a chef, a server, a host and a bar tender; I assigned them their jobs, arranged the menu by choosing what meals should be available, and set a price for it. I run the restaurant for two Sims days and everything was working right. Then I closed it and sent the Sim home.

I loaded another house, picked a Sim and sent him to have dinner at the said restaurant. Everything was working properly. The restaurant owner was there too, having a drink at the bar. What it didn't seem to work quite right was the assigned Manager -- the owner had assigned her to be the DJ but while my other Sim was dinning there she was just sitting at the bar the whole time. Maybe this is how it works, I don't really know, but it's not important.

The fact that you have problem with another business type as well tells me that the problem lies with your game -- I take it for granted that you have used the sell icon to set furniture for sale and prices, and you have already assigned an employee as a seller for the furniture.

Pescado's mod No reassign works when you have hired a Manager to run your business. In the original game, managers have the tendency to reassign employees different jobs from the ones assigned by the owner. Pescado's mod stops this ridiculous habit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 8:32 PM
I have some bad news for you, Lombus.
I tried the restaurant business myself and it works. What I did:
Hired a chef, a server, a host and a bar tender; I assigned them their jobs, arranged the menu by choosing what meals should be available, and set a price for it. I run the restaurant for two Sims days and everything was working right. Then I closed it and sent the Sim home.

I loaded another house, picked a Sim and sent him to have dinner at the said restaurant. Everything was working properly. The restaurant owner was there too, having a drink at the bar. What it didn't seem to work quite right was the assigned Manager -- the owner had assigned her to be the DJ but while my other Sim was dinning there she was just sitting at the bar the whole time. Maybe this is how it works, I don't really know, but it's not important.

The fact that you have problem with another business type as well tells me that the problem lies with your game -- I take it for granted that you have used the sell icon to set furniture for sale and prices, and you have already assigned an employee as a seller for the furniture.

Pescado's mod No reassign works when you have hired a Manager to run your business. In the original game, managers have the tendency to reassign employees different jobs from the ones assigned by the owner. Pescado's mod stops this ridiculous habit.

This is so odd! But i think you're right the problem has to be my game. It doesn't work even if i hired a manager... I tried both ways with and without him.
I don't know what to do... This is so frustating !
#16 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 8:44 PM
I had a different solution to a similar situation.

I have a Cuisine-hobby (ex-Grand) Vampire who owns a restaurant. She has NO employees [none of my businesses do, currently] because the household has sufficient members to run the joint without any. When I visited the restaurant with Sims from another household, the Vampire was the only person there to run the place. I used Christianlov`s Control This Sim to make her temporarily selectable, and told her to do whatever was needed. This worked out well, and I think the business may even have gained a star [or two?] during the visit. Unfortunately, the Contessa had to do ALL of the work her own personal self.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
I had a different solution to a similar situation.

I have a Cuisine-hobby (ex-Grand) Vampire who owns a restaurant. She has NO employees [none of my businesses do, currently] because the household has sufficient members to run the joint without any. When I visited the restaurant with Sims from another household, the Vampire was the only person there to run the place. I used Christianlov`s Control This Sim to make her temporarily selectable, and told her to do whatever was needed. This worked out well, and I think the business may even have gained a star [or two?] during the visit. Unfortunately, the Contessa had to do ALL of the work her own personal self.

I do that myself sometimes, but I just use Boolprop. :P
Instructor
#18 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 9:50 PM
I'm no expert but if I were in your situation, my next step would be to pull out all my CC and hacks and start a clean test neighborhood to see if the same thing happened. maybe you have a hack conflict.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 1:21 AM
i hate when you buy something for example.. a cake... the payment will subtract then add again to your money...it seems that you didnt bought anything..my gawd!!

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 2:56 AM
I'm no expert but if I were in your situation, my next step would be to pull out all my CC and hacks and start a clean test neighborhood to see if the same thing happened. maybe you have a hack conflict.

This is a good suggestion. I do think too there must be something wrong either with mods/hacks or with custom content. Try it, Lombus, and let us know what happened. Don't forget to backup your game before you do it though.

If it works without your Download folder, your next move should be to follow the steps as described at SimsWiki to find the cause of the trouble.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 4:19 PM
I tried what you said and guess what: it works without the Download folder !
Now my next step is to figure out what may have cause the conflict, and judging by the amount of CC i have it will take ages !
Thanks fot the tip everyone!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 6:14 PM
I have great news everyone ! I just figure out which hack is causing the problem is this one: CBOY_NormalClothes , from here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=95009 . Thank you everyone for helping me to fix this problem !
#23 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I do that myself sometimes, but I just use Boolprop.
I use BoolProp TestingCheatsEnabled True often enough myself that I`ve assigned an alias: I just enter testing 1 or testing 0 when needed. ...but Christianlov`s Control This Sim hack is far easier to use for temporary controlling a Sim that`s [currently] an NPC. Strongly recommended.

Lombus: Good to hear that you`ve got it sorted out.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Lombus : 14th Oct 2009 at 8:56 PM.
I just can't get any luck... now i have other problem ! With all the changings i made to the foldes during the backup i created another problem !!
Now all my sims with cc skins have a odd appearance: the head has the cc skin but the rest of the body has a maxis skin !
What can i do??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lombus
I just can't get any luck... now i have other problem ! With all the changings i made to the foldes during the backup i created another problem !!
Now all my sims with cc skins have a odd appearance: the head has the cc skin but the rest of the body has a maxis skin !
What can i do??

I dont know what i did but everything got back to normal (thank GOD !) My game is finally fixed
Page 1 of 2