Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:15 AM
Classes?
Guys? Have you ever think, what are your sims doing during classes? well in Uni they go to college right?.. and if classes nearly starts, they go out of
their dorm, and walk to school, then you wait till they come back its like they
went to work. Does anyone here knows how to mod or something, that will
allow us to view and watch what does our sim is doing inside the classroom?..
just a lil pop up box "view box" for us to be able to see..coz its kinda boring...just waiting them to go back to the dorm..thats why i dont let my teens go to college coz of this reason..

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:33 AM
Nothing like this exists. Your Sims disappear when they go off the screen. They don't actually GO anywhere. You can't watch a Sim at work, so there is no way to watch them at school. Even in The Sims 3, they are gobbled up into their rabbit-hole workplaces. You can choose from a list of options how they actually SPEND their work day, but you cannot see them doing anything, since they aren't doing anything.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 4:17 PM
College classes are only a couple sim hours anyway...hardly any time on the fastest speed...I use the time to eat a cookie or something...
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 4:30 PM
If you get really bored, play more than one Uni student in a dorm or a house. They'll usually have classes at different times, so you'll always have at least one Sim to mess with. Usually what I do is move my Sim into a dorm, find a dormie or two that he/she gets along with, build up their relationship, and then move my Sim and his/her friends to a house. Usually, that's accomplished before the end of the first semester, so long as the money is there. Or sometimes I'll put a few playables into the same dorm from the start.

Or, like Croutonian said, just bump the speed up to the fastest speed while they're away. Or actually, I'm pretty sure that the game automatically speeds up if your only playable is at class. It's been so long since I've played with only one playable, that I don't really remember, though!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 2:27 AM
I've always wished that I could watch what my Sims do during class/work. It would be cool to actually play a school, actually choose if my Sim should skip class or talk with their friend or watch a fight. Same with University and work - if there is nobody home, the camera should follow the Sim to wherever they go.
Obviously this isn't going to happen. But it would be one of the coolest features if Maxis/EA added it.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:49 AM
yah i find that more interesting if the gamemakers of sims actually did put a feature that you can go to school all by yourself then watch them learn, and see what they do in classes or even skip a class and bully other school peepz..

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vintage_Eve
or even skip a class and bully other school peepz..

Bullying other people is not cool. =.=
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vintage_Eve
yah i find that more interesting if the gamemakers of sims actually did put a feature that you can go to school all by yourself then watch them learn, and see what they do in classes or even skip a class and bully other school peepz..

You could use Inge's school hacks and set yourself up a school that you can run yourself. You can't use the hacks to make a college with young adults, but you can use it for children and teens. The hacks are here: http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...ims2_School.htm And there is a little tutorial about setting up a school here: http://www.freewebs.com/thelegacyvi...lschooltute.htm

It's not exactly what you want, but it's something. I've been running a school for a few weeks now, and I think it's rather fun. The nice thing is that all the students are playable, so you can have them be serious students or have them goof off and get in trouble and such.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.