Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 2:14 AM
I started in Three Lakes. I thought that was the best location for a bunch of yurts. Once I had the housekeeper sorted and determined just how small a hotel you could get via my first two boxy hotels (well, maybe you could have a one-room place, but unless you have a rich Sim who uses it for a private hideaway, I can't see much use for that), I went on to the main hood. The last building, Box Inn, was in the main hood.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 3:25 AM
@joandsarah77

Regarding the housekeeper in this picture here:

It's because the housekeeper wants to stand near the concierge's desk (left side in our view), but it's occupied by a counter. This is why she wants (instead) to stand exactly where the bellhop is standing. This is why I placed it as one of my 4 points in the ISO tips/rules for making a hotel. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the 3-tiled concierge's desk.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#78 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 3:50 AM Last edited by gazania : 8th Dec 2015 at 7:36 PM.
Keep this up and we should add our findings to that ISO thread. That might be necromancy, though.

From what I'm gathering, from all my stupid mistakes, three things are key:

1. The Solidity door, facing the right way.
2. ROUTING. If a housekeeper cannot get around, she can glitch like mad. Ditto for visitors, by the way. (I had that issue, too, in the old version of my camp). Leave room in the lobby and at least some room on the grounds. Lots of room. Watch out for decor such as trees as well.
3. I found the double doors on at least two walls in the main lobby area worked the best. My single-door hotel glitched, even with a second entrance/exit. I will check the Maxis hotels again, but I believe that every one of them had double doors on at least two walls of the lobby. Single-doors for the bathrooms or for other entrances are fine. (A double arch probably works, too.)

I would be very reluctant to lot-shrink a hotel, by the way. I thought about it, but changed my mind.. I saw what it does to restaurants, and while I do lot-shrink those, I know how to work around that. I'm not sure if lot-shrinking a hotel lot will mess up the housekeeper or even the concierge.

It appears the housekeeper follows a certain pattern. The NPC arrives at the front desk. looks around or moves his or her arms (if your Sim doesn't do that, you've got a frozen one... check the routing), then stats moving between buildings and units before returning to the desk. In some cases, if that pattern is blocked, the housekeeper freezes. Maybe it confuses the game or something.

I've been a chicken. I just avoid inserting restaurants.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 3:59 AM
@d_dgjdhh, I know she wants to be on the other side, she keeps making small motions showing she wants to move. I figured it was either the lamp or the counter. Doesn't bother me though and I doubt most people sit and watch the housekeeper except for us crazies on this thread. The main thing is my set up does not seem to hamper her doing her job which is the important thing.

My lobby has one single door. Unless it's counting the stairs up as an exit and through the restaurant and gift area as a third exit. After looking lol, there is a forth exit out of the foyer down a corridor. Each exit is a double arch except the stairs which is a double modular stairs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#80 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:20 PM
Double post for an update. I took a couple on a second honeymoon and got to see the glitched housekeeper on the second last day. Pretty sure it's to do with the single door into the foyer or maybe that area in general.

Before that because of the design of my hotel she spent all night in her cossie tending to the plants.

What kind of horrible glitch is that you might say. That actually isn't, but is the design I made that forces sims to swim to get to a certain area. I've seen both the waitress and host swim too lol. I'm just glad she didn't get one of the 3 messed up defaults which gives sims an invisible top. Bit disconcerting to see a sim without a torso going around the place.

Anyway due to that design and due to the stupidly of sims-Really you do one plant on this side and then one plant on THAT side? She would trim this side of the fence then walk-swim to do the plant on the other side, come back, go back, on and on. She worked all night long without a break which really suprised me. I have now put in a service gate. I do say on the upload that the design forces sims to swim and a gate might be wanted. However at the time I did not realize housekeeping tended plants. What kind of housekeeper does that? Perfect plants would solve that or replacing many with plastic plants. I use trim and water inaccessible plants so she would complain and trim/water. The plants are a two edged sword, they really make the lot look nice but they cause a ton of lag and all of this work. I think I shall add a bit of a blurb how plastic hedge might be wanted. I think that should stop any possible glitch outside that single door. She had worked for a very long time before that glitch, had nearly finished with all the hedge but it was the last bit next to the door that seemed to do it..

She glitched after tending the hedge near the front door. Dorm on, moveobjects, reload the lot fixed her up and she had no more issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#81 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:01 AM
She is rather cute, your housekeeper. I like the Perfect plants mod myself - the version that allows Sims to still have to tend to the fruit trees - so it might do the trick. All in all your hotel is really pretty, Jo. I am sort of considering trying to build one, but - still sleeping on it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#82 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:09 AM
Half of the hotel lot is my water park since I was asked on the thread about a hotel version. The hotel is supposed to remind people of a cruise ship, which I don't think really worked. I love face template defaults now. I've only been trying them this last year. Her hair is a default as well.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#83 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
She is rather cute, your housekeeper. I like the Perfect plants mod myself - the version that allows Sims to still have to tend to the fruit trees - so it might do the trick. All in all your hotel is really pretty, Jo. I am sort of considering trying to build one, but - still sleeping on it.

Whatever hotel you build, i would sincerely doubt it would be worse than the Box Hotel! Though I'll have you know that one unit finally has a complete roof.

I never knew the housekeeper was that interested in plants, either. I have the Perfect Plants mod (excluding fruit trees ... make those Sims work a little, at least!). so I wouldn't have noticed that. Boy, these housekeepers can glitch!

Mad Poster
#84 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 1:29 PM
Maybe she has nature as a hobby
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#85 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:11 PM
What I would like is a mod that takes care of plants on hotel or owned business lots but not on home lots. I like my sims to garden but at the same time not be tied to it. Plants that need trimming less often would be nice.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#86 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 2:30 AM Last edited by gazania : 3rd Aug 2016 at 6:04 PM.
Added something that could help.

As I indicated in this http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=530550 , placement of TVs near the beds can cause freezing problems with the housekeeper. But there is a quick workaround, though it might be cheating a little.

If you don't want to be bothered with the hassle, but still want a TV in the room, there are some marvelous decorative TVs on this site. I used the decorative BV TV in my cheap motel, and it fixed some of the freezing/routing issues immediately. This is a cheap motel, darn it. I don't want huge rooms with separate areas for TV viewing in a low-budget place! If my Sims want to watch TV, they can do it in the motel's lobby. It's not uncommon for TVs not to work in cheap motels.

http://modthesims.info/d/447534

Page 4 of 4