Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 9:54 AM Last edited by Sybariticminx : 25th Nov 2006 at 11:17 AM.
Default Cannot Install Sims into my Game using Clean Pack
I would greatly appreciate some help.

My problem is that I cannot seem to get the full Sims (downloaded from this website under Sims) into my game. I looked at the FAQ and saw that a common answer is that it needs to be installed by the Clean Installer. I then downloaded the installer and attempted to use that to install Sims into my game. I did so by not using Q-Express, but instead choosing to open it with the Clean Installer program. When I did so the installer did indeed open up, but no files were listed. I've seen the illustrations on your FAQ and it did not look like that, no files were listed, the screen was completely empty under the files list. Therefore I could not check/uncheck like I was being asked to do. Is there another step I should be taking? I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and a previous version, but that did not solve the problem. How do I get to the point where I can uncheck those things? Also, I'd like to note that if I clicked "install" anyways even though the file screen was blank it would say that the files were successfully installed, but nothing would be there in the download folder.

I'm not even exactly sure that this is the reason I can't see my Sims, and that even if I am able to master the Clean Installer that I will be able to get my Sims, so any feedback of that nature would also be helpful.

P.S. I don't believe that when I was using Q-Express that the Sims files, for some unknown reason, were getting into the Downloads folder. They appeared to be going to the "Teleport" folder (though I'm not absolutely sure). I tried to move them into the downloads folder, but they still didn't show up, and I noticed that did not have that "Package" type, but instead were a Sims2TMP file. Is this normal for them to be in teleport, is that where they should be? Also, the Saved Sims folder is empty as well.

P.P.S. Please keep in mind that I am very new to the Sims, and may not be familiar with all the lingo, though I did read the FAQ fairly thoroughly.

Thanks,
Sybariticminx

Update: It seems to be working with the Official Sim Exchange website...but not with the mod the sims. The Clean Installer recognizes the multiple files and lists them just like the illustrations. And they are further recognized by the program and found in the Sim Bin. I hope this information helps to determine what the problem might be, because I do look forward to downloading sims from the Mod website. (Also, I have no need to uncheck anything in order for the game to recognize my new Sims).