Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 6:37 PM
Default Genie Glitch?
I've had Free Time installed since it's release date and have removed all my mods and hacks. My game was running well until yesterday.
The sim I was playing lives alone. The gypsy came to her door and dropped off the genie lamp. I had her use the lamp immediately and wish for peace of mind. That put her into platinum and again, everything was fine.
After playing her for a few sim days, I left her lot and loaded another family. I immediately noticed that their aspiration bars weren't dropping. If they fufilled an aspiration, their bars raise until completely platinum but they stay there. I loaded another lot and the same thing.
Since I used the lamp, all my sims, on all lots and neighbourhoods are perma platinum. I haven't downloaded anything new except wallpapers and I removed those just to be certain they weren't causing the conflict.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it a glitch or should I continue searching for a missed hack or mod?
I hope this question is allowed and in the right forum. I'm at my wits end with this.
Oh, and a big Thanks in advance! : )
-Simalien

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 6:57 PM
I think that's what peace of mind does.... I may be wrong. I think it gives everyone platinum..... I am not sure but that might be it...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 7:05 PM
Oh boy, I sure hope not. I thought peace of mind would only affect the sim making the wish... maybe even the entire household she lives in but not all my families in all my neighbourhoods. It's taken all the fun out of the game for me.
Thanks for the reply : ) I'll have to search for more info on peace of mind.

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
#4 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 10:14 PM
yeah, it totally shouldn't affect the entire neighborhood. that would be stupid - then you'd never have to wish for it more than once. i'll have to see if that happened in my game, but i don't believe it did. i haven't played with the lamp much though.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 10:55 PM
So far for me it only affects the sim that asked. BUT maybe it might be the other aspects of the game affecting platinum status. It's much much harder for my sims to get into red. I have no idea why.
Inventor
#6 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 12:06 AM
Seems to be a bug in FT, where sometimes the sims aspiration meter is stuck on platinum even though they actually aren't

So far I have had it happen to two of my sims. (including my self sim) With the other sim, she reverted back to normal the next time I started the game, haven't checked on my selfsim yet.

Only had the lamp with one family and I asked for money and longer life, so I don't think it's related to the lamp.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.