Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 4:02 AM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 1st Sep 2014 at 5:23 PM.
Default WCIF [Need Help!] Who is the creator & title name for this eyes CC?
Hi all! I really need help.

Could you trace any clues, who is the creator and what is the title of this eyes CC ? This CC is my old download I cannot remember when and where I got this file, so then it cannot be traced on my browser history. I have searched everywhere in my CC folders and CC Magic. I couldn't find any because too much CC in my folders makes it really difficult to trace the specific CC. No creator/title in CAS mode, though. Any help will be appreciated very much. Thank you.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 8:50 PM
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 9:37 PM Last edited by shmovese : 24th Aug 2014 at 2:16 AM. Reason: feedback from nraas
are you a master controller user?
i thought one can find cc when hovering over it in CAS and then right-clicking on it... but i will check it at nraas and report back (if it works, HOW it works then)
edit:
so i visited the nraas site and started kind of a small discussion on that feature. plz check if you can make use of the hints of those smart peoples (you will need master controller, integration module and S3PE for searching for the eyes through its ID number though ) see for yourself http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/69017182
i hope you can read it even as non-member but normally you should. if not dont hesitate to kick me and i copy paste the kind of tutorial. but i am to lazy to do so IF you could read it yourself

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:22 AM
@venusprincess100 I forgot to mention I had tried the Custard.. but it seems like won't work on me. According to tutorial, it just analyzes Sims3Pack files in condition not installed.
Bad news is, I converted all Sims3Pack to .package. The Sims3Pack files were erased long time ago. In my Package folder, there is long list of files with the title something like 0xf3c4d696......... .package
Becomes more difficult, eh?

@shmovese: I'm Master Controller user loyally. Wow I didn't know that kind of feature before! Sounds brilliant! If it does working, it could save time conveniently. Let see if I have time, I'll try that, then I'll report back.

Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 1:23 PM
@BloodyScholastic ok a small update since the discussion went on. please check kimlupais answer - i think she has a great idea that only would need you to get nraas packer .

she wrote (all hers credits):
if you have NRass' Packer programme you can use that to find an item in your mods folder using the instance number. I've used it to find and remove hairs that I no longer want installed.

In CAS find the part you want to identify. Shift & Right click on it to generate the script error with the instance number.
Close the game
Open up Packer. Click on the search packages icon in the top left corner - it's the second one across and looks like a pair of binoculars.
That will open up a new window called package search.
Open up the script error using notepad or wordpad.
Copy the instance number from the the script error
Paste it into the Instance box in the package search window
In the package search window click the box that says Folder and browse until you find your mods folder
Click on search.
It'll then ask you if you want to open the report (something like that I don't have an instance number so I can't run a search to give you the exact wording)
That report will give you the package name and it's location within your mods folder - if you have multiple folders.

Obviously this doesn't work if you've merged all your CC into one or more packages, as it'll only give you the name of the merged package. But if you've kept a copy of your unmerged CC elsewhere on your computer you can search that folder instead of your mods folder.

Hope that makes sense and it's useful. As I said I have a rotten cold so this is probably completely irrelevant. If so, sorry.

awesome?

Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:06 PM
Oh my gosh. I have been visiting nraaswikispaces started from 20 minutes ago following the tutorial postedby member kimlupais but unfortunately I tried Shift + Right Click on CAS Part but the CAS won't give me Script Error notification for instance number. Yes I know instance number means, 0x... package it can be traced using S3PE later. I did Shift+Right click on CAS part, nothing appears, nothing happens Am I hitting on wrong direction? I have Master Controller Base and Integration Module installed long time ago, on the same patch level 1.55 -1.57 (my game is on patch 1.57) My eyes hurt. I think I'm gonna try again later.

I wanted to join discussion forum on Nrass but seems like I cannot find reply button. Where is it? Or I have to verify my email address? Right now I haven't got verification email from Nrass in my inbox. Do I have to request membership to join wiki until I got accepted by organizer so I can join discussion?

Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:24 PM
yes you can only join discussions if you are a member. also if you need mods support. i remember that i got the verifications email that i am a member only some minutes later. but that may differ. dont know if its automated or the people actually take a look at it ;-)
if you want to discuss with us you have to directly click on the topic at the chatterboxes overview.
if you want to start your own thread you need to push the speech ballon thing in the chatterboxes overview. thats in the right upper corner.

i am not sure at all if that blacklisting feature was introduced in the mc + intergrations level on 1.57. tthat would be the first thing you should ask.
i always recommend patching to 1.67 be true. but you may have your reasons to stay on that ancient patch level i guess heard that the old greeks (herkules and stuff) were on that patch level too ok no i am kidding. please dont you take any offence

Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:05 PM
Default Wow
Never mind about the previous post, my game was glitched. The UI was messed up badly that forced me to quit the game immediately.
Today I started the game again, I did shift + right click on the CAS part (the eye contacts), the error log notification appears after I quit the CAS mode, not appears right in the CAS.

Yes I searched the package via Packer, it pointed me to the package that begins with 0x.... then checked the package on S3PE.
Apparently it is not a single item package, but a compilation of CC - Sim in package that was converted from Sim3Pack! That's why this .package has never been found on my CC Magic..

I remembered which site I downloaded the Sim in Sim3Pack is. Unfortunately the creator doesn't credit CC she uses for her Sim in Sim3Pack. This eyes CC still remains mystery...

By the way I just want to say I LOVE YOU shmovese! Thank you for the finding CC tips!
Now I can die in peace.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:33 PM
you brightend my day! i am glad i could sort-of help you.
we should make a tutorial list of the awesome hints but i am a VERY lazy person. would you mind to make a "best tipps to find cc for creators who create on reliable sites and link to cc used - thing?"
everyone (mostly your creator buddies) would love you for that

the eyes: should we try to find similar eyes for you? or did you already do that on your own

Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
I realized no one replied references to eyes CC similar to mine because the original eyes pic is blurred as hell. So I edited the pic, first is a set of brown eyes used for my Sim, second are blue eyes used for Sim created by other creator, the creator of the Sim in Sim3pack I downloaded on sims3-modeli.ucoz.ru This thread is still open to anyone who want to help me finding the eyes CC.

See, the eyes are actually beautiful *-* I adore the realistic iris part and all variety of colors blended so perfectly used on every Sim, but hard to find out who the creator is!

Yea I had similar thought to post any tutorials finding the CC to help more people, I don't know if this WCIF is suitable for it as well or is there any forum to post any kind of tutorials related to technical problem, I think it's in Help section ?

Forum Resident
#11 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
yes i would like to have a finding cc tutorial in the help section too, since the mods and tools can help simmers to sort out bad cc / search for cc they downloaded hidden in lots/sims and stuff. i mean its a nice addition to e.p. delphys custard and dashboard for avoiding conflicts but if everything already went mad then one can at least try these methods to sort things out. funny that those mods + tools - although they werent made for it initially - are so darn helpful with that. just dont forget to mention the pplz at the awesome nraas wiki section. they were so helpful

i can understand that you really would like to have these certain eyes and i will go on keeping my eyes open for them - but its so hard to search for eyes since the pics are wee small at gookle search and one really needs to visit every single site (e.p. brows tifas eyes section - whats awesomly hard i think). i start at ms3b and see if i am lucky. and thanks for those better pics by the way

Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:08 PM Last edited by shmovese : 4th Sep 2014 at 12:40 PM.
bumping: new thought - new post (eye finds go here - i edit this if i find more since i still keep my eyes open)

"Watercolour" - Ultra Small Realistic Contacts
elexis watercolour contacts look alike (the iris+sclera) but the white reflections are different (since the reflections can be different if uv-fix is used / or not i post them here anyway) also these have a small reddish part at the outer eyes - like the ones on your pic. they are located in make up (like yours) but face overlays.. is that costume make up? also you said you had them a longer time... these where Posted 13th Aug 2012 at 10:39 AM by elexis

also since you know the site you got the sim from did you try to ask that creator which eyes he may have used?
which site was it? i would like to download, convert and take a look into that sim package for myself

Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:26 PM
Hey shmovese.

Late to read your last post *-* It's not "Watercolour" by Elexis, unfortunately I had owned the "Watercolour" before, then in CAS the white part of the eyes turned out to be looking too white and the pupils are not realistic enough, not really suit to my taste. so I uninstalled it. I still have this pair of realistic eyes I don't know what is the title and who is the creator in my CAS. The eyes are makeup contacts, came with the Sim I downloaded from Russian website, see the first post on this thread, sims3-modeli ucoz.ru The creator of that Sim doesn't mention credit of eyes CC used. (as far as I have observed, I relied myself to Google Translate for this...)