Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 1:48 AM
1. Family Affair: toodler and pre-teen. and a party option of family reuion
2. University: Associate, bachelor and master degrees and trade school
3. Season/weather: All four seasons, the option of gobal warming. add two new weather tornado and hurricans. Gardening more produce.
4. Automotive: cars and planes.
5. Supernatual: ghosts
6. Open for business: more business to own then in Sims 2.
7. Apartment/Night life
8. Vacation
Thats eight expansion packs
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:20 AM
Sims Unleashed - no, I don't mean pets, but where the Sims really are unleashed and turn your computer back on when you've gone to bed. Then they steal your cookies and beer and play on your computer and have a life and go back to a frozen screen all before you wake up. Wait, I think they already do that.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:00 AM
Here's what I'd want them to do (not in that order):
  1. Pets - (improved) cats, dogs, horses and more farmland animals, farm-themed town (kind of like Appaloosa Plains), more pet and farm themed objects
  2. Seasons - seasons and weather, with better effect of Sims' emotional states, lots of fun new activities (swimming - in pools and sea, skiing/snowboarding, etc.), Christmas/New Year celebrations, summer holidays for kids
  3. Holidays - different destinations, from a seaside resort to an exciting vacation like in World Advantures, could even be combined with Seasons (though EA would probably want to sell 2 separate EPs to make more money)
  4. Generations - new lifestages (at least toddlers), different parties/celebrations, new activities for the family (like different games etc.), family tree, new careers
  5. Supernatural/Magic - new supernatural states (perhaps combining all the ones from previous games and adding new, more obscure ones), magic skills, also with an option to turn supernatural off completely
  6. University - a university integrated into the town (Sims could even live at home while attending university to save money), genius Sims would be able to go to university earlier and/or finish it faster, a better choice of majors, new careers that could only be accessed by graduates (ie. doctor, it's not really realistic to go from nurse or emergency technician to a doctor without any university)
  7. Nightlife - a downtown type world, party venues, celebrity system (actually working, unlike the TS3 one), apartments, showbiz careers (singer, actor, musician, dancer...), luxury/modern objects
  8. Business - being able to own businesses, lots of new skills and careers, work from home, rental property (a rich family buys houses in the world and leases them to other Sims to earn money; houses could also be inherited)

I would also really like a stuff pack with retro stuff (possibly even oldtimer cars, if cars are added in some EP) :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#55 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:01 AM
I just hope that the stuff has general appeal. Some of TS3's stuff (Into the Future particularly) was very niche. I got it on sale and found that even at $10 it was a waste of space. The EPs should be 'normal stuff' - normal clothes, normal hairs, normal furniture. Themes are OK (Spanish or Federal or mod from the Pets EP) but when you get too into the niche it's just seems a bit silly.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
I just hope that the stuff has general appeal. Some of TS3's stuff (Into the Future particularly) was very niche. I got it on sale and found that even at $10 it was a waste of space. The EPs should be 'normal stuff' - normal clothes, normal hairs, normal furniture. Themes are OK (Spanish or Federal or mod from the Pets EP) but when you get too into the niche it's just seems a bit silly.

I think Into the Future was an okay idea for an EP, only because it was the last EP. I think the "niche" stuff is okay as long as they take care of the more general, more broadly-appealing content first. Having World Adventures as the first EP and having Seasons as the...what, eighth EP? was freaking ridiculous!

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
-Honeywell
Forum Resident
#57 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:43 AM
Into The Future was my favorite EP, actually. When Medieval came out, I definitely wanted to see the game go in the other direction. In that spirit, the first EP for TS4 should be future-themed. Better yet, I'm hoping we can just time travel to 2019 and place our bets on TS5.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101

I only had ITF installed for about a week or two, then I uninstalled it as it annoyed the hell out of me. I didn't like playing the future (it was just boring, imho) and then the wishes to travel into the future kept popping up, even though I deleted the time travel machine. Complete waste of money and space. Obviously, this is just my opinion and I know some people enjoyed it, but to me, it was the worst EP.

I also didn't like the way they handled University (TS2 was much better) and Supernatural (the supernaturals just became boring too soon). Pets, Seasons and Generations were the best EPs in my opinion.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:06 PM
Someone suggested a farming expansion. This has almost been approached in previous games, but it's never quite gotten there. There's gardening and bee keeping, of course, and horse raising, and there was some farm content available from the store for Sims 3 (but not for me because I can't use anything I buy because of a launcher issue), but not an all-out farm theme complete with cows, chickens, goats, etc... It would be so awesome and given the amount of downloads on this theme for every Sims game, I'd say it would be welcome, too.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#61 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM
I would really like to see a remake of Sims Superstar. I don't think any aspects of that were really covered in Sims 2 or 3. Even if it's just an aspect of an expansion pack rather than one in itself, it'd be nice to see the return of being able to be a model or a popstar etc and going up in the ranks.
Page 3 of 3