Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 10:47 PM
Default boolprop PetsFreeWill Cheat not Working
Yes, it isn't working. Does anyone else have this problem? Just wondering...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 10:50 PM
I thought it was just boolprop controlpets on ?
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
I thought it was just boolprop controlpets on ?

Well, I want the FreeWill cheat to work, but it doesn't. Every single one works except that one! I have a Vista, but I really don't think that has anything to do with that...does it not work for certain exspansions? I need that cheat sooo bad.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 11:13 PM
I'm not sure that cheat exists? O.o

If you want to control the pets, use the cheat that Cinamun suggested :3
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiderchi
I'm not sure that cheat exists? O.o

If you want to control the pets, use the cheat that Cinamun suggested :3

I'm sure it exsists. I mean, I'm making a series and I need no free will for my pets. It mentions it in the MTS2 Wiki in the cheats, and it doesn't work for me. Does anybody use this cheat? I feel like a dork. :werd:
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 4:28 AM
Are you using the right text? as said above, the correct way to type it in is "boolprop controlpets on". it doesn't use the words free will.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 4:47 AM
boolprop PetsFreeWill [true/false]

That's how it's listed in Wiki. I didn't know it existed. All I can say is if it's caps sensitive, type it exactly how it's listed in the wiki.
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
boolprop PetsFreeWill [true/false]

That's how it's listed in Wiki. I didn't know it existed. All I can say is if it's caps sensitive, type it exactly how it's listed in the wiki.

I did and it didn't work. Is their an exspansion that overrides it, like the censor cheat? Or do you think it has to do with my Vista computer? I need to know, otherwise I'll never be able to make my Sims 2 series!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 12:10 AM
It is "boolProp ControlPets [on/off]" it works fine for me.
Also, "boolProp petActionCancel [true/false]" will let you cancel pet selected actions, very convenient for when you don't want a pet doing something specific.
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cassandra_107
It is "boolProp ControlPets [on/off]" it works fine for me.
Also, "boolProp petActionCancel [true/false]" will let you cancel pet selected actions, very convenient for when you don't want a pet doing something specific.

Yes, but when filming, I need them to stand still for more then 10 seconds. And they begin moving and doing the thing as soon as the option appears. I won't be able to film this ever unless I find out how to use this cheat. Here, I'll make alist of what I've done so far:

entered it without caps.
Entered it unless it was cap-sensitive.
Entered the cheat, came into the neighborhood, then went back in.

Any other suggestions? Any help would be...helpful. :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:29 AM
Just take away everything they could possibly do. Or put them in a box.

:)
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmejuice
Just take away everything they could possibly do. Or put them in a box.

Yes, but they try to play with each other. That is what they do.
#13 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:06 PM
Y'know, I've been having the EXACT same problem with that cheat, and I tried all the above as well. I play on a Windows XP and have all EPS, so I really don't know what could be causing it either. But, I don't make movies/stories, so I've learned to just ignore it, and always give my pets something to do.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 4:02 AM
Have you tried turning freewill off? Then there should be no other action put into their que.
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cassandra_107
Have you tried turning freewill off? Then there should be no other action put into their que.

Yes, but the cheat doesn't work. Also, the free will thing in the gameplay box doesn't work for pets, that is why they made the cheat! Is there any patches, downloads, or something that can fix or does this cheat?
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKonekoChan
Y'know, I've been having the EXACT same problem with that cheat, and I tried all the above as well. I play on a Windows XP and have all EPS, so I really don't know what could be causing it either. But, I don't make movies/stories, so I've learned to just ignore it, and always give my pets something to do.

All EPS? I have up to Bon Voyage. They probably overrided it then... :confused:
#17 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 10:54 PM
It never worked when I had up to Seasons either. So I don't know what the problem is.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 11:01 PM
I have Uni, NL, Pets, Seasons and FT and it worked the last time I used it (I don't use it often, however).

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:01 AM
Then is it a computer problem? I have this computer:

Windows Vista Home Premium
AND Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
2.87 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I have no idea what that means, but that is my computer. Here are my Expansions:

University
Nightlife
Open for Business
Pets
Seasons
Bon Voyage

The stuff packs:

Family Fun
Glamour Life
Holiday
Teen Style

Does anyone know what this problem is? Computer-realated? Exspansion override? Thanks and answer.
#20 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 2:40 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if it was computer-related, since my pc...probably shouldn't even be running all of the eps that it does. ^^;; oopsie...
#21 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 9:13 AM
The cheat does exist. I will post it soon.

boolprop PetsFreeWill [true/false] Turns pet free will off

Lea