Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 4:13 PM
Default Is there a cure for Poison Ivy?
While vacationing in Three Lakes, one of my sims took the Logging Expedition tour and because of a chance card, she returned covered in Poison Ivy.
I thought like the bee's that can attack you while on a tour, that the poison ivy would eventually go away itself. After watching my poor sim scratch for over a sim hour, I then thought a shower might help. No such luck, my sim has been scratching constantly for 2 days now! It's almost impossible to get her to do anything else. Is there a cure/medicine, heck I'll take a witch doctor at this point, but is there something I'm missing that she can apply to stop the scratching?

-BIG- thanks in advance
-Simalien

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 4:37 PM
Maybe It Will Go Away Like a Rash.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 3:44 AM
could someone please post a picture of a sim with Poison Ivy, I've never seen a sims with it.
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 4:06 AM
I think its just itchy for them - Ive never seen my Sims look differently while infected with poison ivy. And it just goes away with time.

Formerly known as boolPropped
#5 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 1:57 AM
When my sim had poison ivy, every time he tried to scratch it, I cancelled the action. After about 10 times, he just stopped scratching.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 3:43 AM
I HOPE then that the "2nd" patch stops the autonomous scratching or at least "reduces it" as EA uses for their patches lol...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 3:02 PM
Thanks everyone.
After 3 days of constant scratching, no matter how many times I cancelled the action, my poor sim continued to scratch. I finally cancelled her vacation early and sent her home which seemed to cure the problem immediately.
I'm hoping this was just a glitch in my game like when stink clouds still surround sims sometimes even after they shower.
I'm just happy everythings fine now
Thanks again!
-Simalien

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 1:32 PM
If the sims are immunized (Insimenator), the itch lasts no more than 2 game-minutes.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 10:06 PM
I've read that giving your sim a shower will cure it right away- never tried it myself, though.
#10 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theamazingbox
When my sim had poison ivy, every time he tried to scratch it, I cancelled the action. After about 10 times, he just stopped scratching.

My sim got a rash and I did the same thing, but you have to hit cancel fast.
I pause my game and then cancelled, seem to work better for me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 3:36 PM
You are not suppose to let them scratch, it even says so in the text ballon that appears. If you let them scratch they will scratch forever. Just cancel the action every time it appears, and it will go away after a couple of attempts at scratching.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 3:21 AM
I just told mine to take a bubble bath & that worked
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willocrisp
I've read that giving your sim a shower will cure it right away- never tried it myself, though.

I did and it worked
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:29 PM
If you buy immediately another tour, the bad events that occurred - stop immediately.