Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 3:31 PM
Default I want to know - SecureROM
I have Windows Vista and I have installed Sims 2 Base, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons and also H&M Fashion.

I really like the look of Bon Voyage, but what I hear bout SecureROM REALLY puts me off, I don't want a broken computer..thank you very much... But I must admit BV looks like it would be the best one of all the expansion packs so im very disappointed.

As I already said, I do have H&M which apparently also has SecureROM, but I only ever hear people complainin bout BV...? So H&M is working fine on my computer *touch wood* but does that mean installing BV would not be a problem atall? Or do both packs include different 'versions' of SecureROM?

Sorry if that don't make sense, If H&M works fine and no SecureROM probs, does that mean I deff won't have probs with BV?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 3:37 PM
H&M has Securom so if you're not having problems, there's no reason for you not to install BV
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 3:46 PM
SecuROM doesn't break your computer. It can sometimes interfere with disk burning/imaging utilities but it does not cause the crazy issues (like completely ruining computers and causing hardware failures) that people claim it does.

Please search for previous threads on the subject or try some Google searching if you need more information on SecuROM - this has been covered in depth before.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread