Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 4:59 PM
Thanks for the translate!!

I can´t do it anymore. Why?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#102 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 11:01 PM
Round 2 is Still open until January 24th @ 10 PM. I'm sorry about being so late. And your welcome Nyane.

Little Miss Sim - Round 3 - A casual day with the family.
You were probably expecting to do something along the lines of "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I've saved that for round 4. It's a weekend morning, you wake up. There are things that families do. There are some things that occour during the afternoon.

Task 1 - Morning
-Name something you do every weekend morning with your family.
-Take 1 snapshot about what your family does.
-What does your family usually do during the weekend mornings?
-Do you get up early or lete.

Task 2 - Afternoon
-Now that everyone is up, name something your family does together during the afternoon.
-What goes on during this time of day?
-Do you all go anywhere?

Bonus - TBA

Field Researcher
#103 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 1:31 AM
That´s the meaning of TBA?

#104 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 2:03 AM
To be announced..
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 3:49 AM
Task 1 - Cultural Discovery

Sal:
My wife and I decided to take Ava Marie to Nakamura Village in Japan. I've been in business over-seas for about 2 years and wanted to share one of my favorite places with her. Ava participated in a sacred tea ceremony and also tried to learn taichi. She had such a great time. She mastered the art of chopsticks better than her Mom. It was hilarious!

Task 2 - Your Culture

Magda:
My mother was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. Even though I have a very slavic name (my paternal grandmother's), I'm every bit the Irish Bonnie. I enrolled Ava into an Irish stepdancing class so she could learn more about her culture. Every Saturday afternoon after her class, she performs for myself, Sal, and his parents. She loves dressing up in her soft shoes and putting on her dress (embroidered by my mother and sent over from Ireland). She loves it!

Bonus - A fun culture!

Ava Marie:
I've always wanted to live life as a mermaid. I wish I were Ariel from the 'Little Mermaid'. I would love to be able to swim in the ocean and grow a tail, but then once I step out have legs. In my world, mermaids would sing and swim all day long. I think living in the ocean would be awesome too. But right now, I'd have to settle for swimming in my pool.
Scholar
#106 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 5:46 AM
Oh, wow! Great entry, Bree! Love the pics

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 8:11 PM
Wonderful work Bree! I've added her to the contestant list.

Field Researcher
#108 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 9:20 PM
Default Round 2 - Yanca Gonçalves
Task 1 - Cultural Discovery

On this vacation all the family gone to Twikkii Island. We saw the beach. We didn´t met other people, but the look nice and very friendly. We pass all the vacation at the beach. The only thing that we didn´t like is the food. The boys ate but Yanca didn´t. We had to go to the market the buy some food or she ate just salads and bread things like that. The only food that she really liked was the Pineapple.
This vacation, Yanca discovers a gorgeous beach. She stayed a lot of time washing the beach. She Said ”I don´t want to swim now mom, I just want to look.”

Task 2 - Your Culture

Most of our family is from Brazil, but the other part lives in England. We live in Brazil since Fernando born.
Actually we don´t have a culture because like I said before I´m from England and my Husband is from Brazil. We try to live the way we like. The way we think that is the best for the kids.
The only think that we do as culture is going to the beach on vacation.
Here the clime is worm so usually we wear comfortable clothes. Yanca likes to wear shorts with tops and the boys wear polos. Me and Vasco like also comfortable clothes but we can´t forget that we are business people.

Bonus - A fun culture!

Yanca likes to play in the beach sandy. She really enjoyed this vacation. Making castles and destroyed them.

BTW, Sorry for the delayed

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#109 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 9:33 PM
I just put Yanca in the contestant list for this round. Your entry is great.

#110 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 1:42 AM
Default Round 2-Yuki
Sorry it took me so long but here's my post for round 2.

Task 1-Cultural Discovery

Yuki and her family went to China for vacation where they enjoyed tea on little chairs and wooden tables. The whole family decided to dress up in traditional Chinese clothing. This is the first time Yuki visited China even though she is part Chinese. From this trip, Yuki discovered many great things about the culture realizing that she shouldn't be ashamed of her Chinese heritage.

Task 2-Your Culture

Yuki's family is a "mixed" type of culture. Yuki's father is Chinese while her mother is French. They created their own culture that would then be the combination of both Chinese and French but they are no different from any modern day family (at least in clothing that is).

Bonus-A Fun Culture!

Phantom, the name of the "fun culture" would be a culture free from human grief and suffering where everyone are like spirits of the dead who no longer feel pain and agony. These new "beings" would live where the heart/spirit takes them, usually the grave. Obviously, black and white is the new color in attire.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#111 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 6:38 AM
Great entry Sa+Gil! There's nothing to worry about. I can close the round now and PM my judges.

Field Researcher
#112 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 12:11 PM
When ends the Round 3?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 6:34 PM
Round 3 Ends Tomorrow @ 10PM EST An extension can be given, I'll have to PM bP for an extension.

Test Subject
#114 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 7:34 PM
this is an amazing contest!
good job to all the contestants
Scholar
#115 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 9:39 PM
Ummm... We still don't have a bonus task... Unless I missed something?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and take a guess that "tomorrow" is Sunday the 27th.

I decided to link to a countdown because this whole various time zones stuff is a tad too confusing for me.

Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Engram
Ummm... We still don't have a bonus task... Unless I missed something?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and take a guess that "tomorrow" is Sunday the 27th.

I decided to link to a countdown because this whole various time zones stuff is a tad too confusing for me.

I know that there isn't a bonus task... and I will extend the round if it is needed. I think instead of the bonus task I will be awarding 10 points to all of the contestants, then we can get to round 4 faster. unless you all want a bonus task, really badly.

edit: I am waiting for 1 judge to give me their scores, I got my scores already from my EJs

Scholar
#117 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 1:56 AM
No need for a bonus task I'm happy with the two we have.

Top Secret Researcher
#118 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:50 AM
Just sent in my round two scores yall. Good luck everyone!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#119 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 3:21 AM
Oh , I sent in mine earlier!
Scholar
#120 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 8:04 AM
I'm all antsy for the Round 2 scores to go up so I can post Round 3. I'm all ready to go! But it's 3am for fway so I'll just have to wait until he wakes up in the morning, I guess...

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 6:22 PM

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Nyane - Yanca Goncalves - 347.5
Sa+Gil - Yuki Aixinjuelo - 341
Engram - Kylie Donavan - 383
Bree - Ava Marie Maselli - 396.5

The judges have sent me their scores and I have compiled the totals. There will be no eliminations this round or in the next round.

Judge A
Yanca Gonçalves
Comment: I love how the family relationships are alive in the photos! The lovely beach and Yanca’s photos gave me some sense of freedom and fun. Great job!

Yuki Aixinjueluo
Comment: I really love the expression on everyone’s faces while they are talking to each other. I also like how you put the Grim Reaper into your Bonus photo.

Kylie Donovan
Comment: I think the dancing is so cute! Also, I loved the slightly exaggerated pose and expression for your photos.

Ava Marie Maselli
Comment: I take it that Ava Marie loves to laugh! I saw a very childish side of her, and that was adorable! Good job.

Judge B
Yanca Gonclaves
For task one I would have liked to see your sim maybe wearing the local garb. I like that the contest sim was the main focus of the secong shot but it was a little empty. She could have been searching for seashells or building sandcastles. For task two the scenery looked the same as the island. I wouldhave liked to see a change. You mentioned the parents but didnt show them which was a let down. The sim looked cute though! The bonus task was a bit uninspired, they just looked like recycled shots from the last two setups. The culture shirt was a cute addition.

Yuki A.
For task one I liked that you went out of your way to get asian headdress and clothing. The first shot was pretty good with them having tea but they could have been doing something else in pic2 besides that pose. For task two I would have liked to see more. Maybe one shot of the parents in their cultural wear and then the second showing how they compromise in everyday life. I don't think I fully understand your bonus task because what you explain doesnt seem like a culture, more like an alternate universe. Either way, you could have done a better job of showing off the clothing.

Kylie Donovan
I really enjoyed your task one. I liked that you used the two pics to show how they got assimilated into the islands culture and the contest sim looks too cute in her grass skirt! The task two pics are cute but I would have liked to see maybe a different part of Australian culture and not just the beach again. Your bonus task was cute and I took it as coming from a child's perspective so it was much easier to swallow. Cute.

Ava Marie Maselli
Your task one left nothing to be desired. I liked the clothing and the dact that both pics depicted a part of the culture. Your task two was just as good. You were the only one to incorporate some sort of cultural garb in your shot(maybe youre just lucky/lol). Showing off a cultural activity was appreciated as well. Your bonus task was cute but the second shot was a bit redundant.

Judge C

Name- Yanca Gonçalves
A candid shot would be more appropriate for task one. Cute pics but she clearly has an english brazilian culture. Next time tell me about it, I'm sure its interesting. the last task had nothing to do with what was asked for... and I looked really hard for there to be something. In general- try and vary how you write your descriptions more than "she does this"period "she does this" period "this also happens"

Name- Yuki A.
In task one, you can barely see her in the first pic. Adorable otherwise. I was a bit mifed by the task two picture, but the description you wrote tied it off fantastically. However, talk more about what culture is like as a french/chinese family. Course its gonna be unique, I could guess that, what else? For the bonus, good outfit, fits the theme, even if that is a very used theme. Her face is almost completely obscured and the lighting is very very dark, so you can't really see what there is in the way of beauty.

Name- Kylie Donavan
In tasks 1 and 2 shes sunburned! Not precisely classically beautiful. Also, in the first task one pic her hairstyle doesn't seem natural for hulaing. I adore her bonus task- great style shes adorable and it reads like it was written by a kid, excellent.

Name- Ava Marie
In the first task one picture, her face is incredibly incredibly angular looking under that hairstyle. Love the kimono though. I love love love your task two, its creative she looks excellent, its explained well, its amazing. Very nice posing and effect for the bonus.

If you want to see a rough scoring of what you got please PM me

Field Researcher
#122 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 6:32 PM
Thanks judges for you comments!!!
fway, I didn´t understand one thing? The Round 3 ends tonight?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#123 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 6:50 PM
Nyane, I can always do an extension. So there's no need to worry

Lab Assistant
#124 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 10:03 PM
Round 3 - A casual day with the family

Task 1 - Morning

Ava Marie:
Every Sunday morning my Mommy & Daddy wake me up at about 9AM. I like to help them make breakfast before my little brothers wake up. We always have flapjacks and eggs with bacon. I'm not old enough to use the stove, but I help make the batter. Once we are all done, I wake up C.J. and Mommy grabs the twins and we sit down and pray and then stuff our faces!

Task 2 - Afternoon

Ava Marie:
Since my Mommy gave birth to the twins, we don't get to go to Mass every Sunday. So, I like to get the family together, even C.J., and read the Bible to them. I'm still learning how to read, so my parents help with the tough words, and I try really hard. My Daddy calls me the family glue, I keep us together!

Thank you judges!
Scholar
#125 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 12:07 AM
Default Kylie Donovan - Round 3
Task 1 - Morning

I like to get up early, before everyone else, and go swimming. I'm on the swimming team at school so it's good for me to practice on the weekend, too.

By the time I'm done swimming, there's usually breakfast on the table. And I'm really hungry!

Task 2 - Afternoon

On the weekend we like to have a late lunch, a barbecue if it's a nice day. My brother and I muck around, while our parents have a "grown-up talk".

Once lunch is over I set up my lemonade stall. I'm trying to save up some money to buy this fairy dress I saw in the shop the other day and I reckon running my own business is the way to go!

Page 5 of 7