Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* A Whole New Dimension: OMSPs Revisited and Improved!

by SilentLucidity Posted 13th Feb 2009 at 2:12 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 6:26 PM by SilentLucidity : revisions, spelling

270 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Forum Resident
#101 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 10:52 PM
This is way too much for my head to wrap around it, but it looks amazing! I look forward to seeing the pictures people make with these things!
Test Subject
#102 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 1:13 AM
I just wanted to tell you these are amazing! i played my game all day today with these! decorating is very realistic now!
Banned
#103 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:02 AM
Suh-weet! *hits Thanks button* . . . one thing I found, though, is that when I'm movie-making, some objects suddenly jump out of place, vanish into thin air or go into the floor when sims interact with them? Any help here?
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 6:56 AM
um. . .not to sound like a noob. . .but what exactly are these things?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#105 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:34 AM
mj2004_3, I don't know what could be causing that. The only time I've had such anomalies is while decorating. Are they doing this all on their own in play mode? Some strangeness with Sim-object interaction is to be expected if the object is in a very different location than normally allowed. Can you tell me what objects are being interacted with on what shelves?

kyth, these are special shelves that hold objects at various tilting angles. For example, a shovel that normally lies flat on the ground could be placed on a certain one of these and made to look like it is leaning against the wall. It can be very good for decorating purposes.
Test Subject
#106 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentLucidity
Well, I really hate to disappoint those that were looking forward to the rotating OMSPs (free ones), but I've done some more investigating and it is going to be above my head right now, as it requires adding/altering BHAVs and that is just not my forte.

Thanks for looking into it anyway. I could be satisfied with these for a long time. I've started to play around with these and they are just fantastic! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:28 AM Last edited by mocha0030 : 17th Feb 2009 at 12:39 AM.
silentlucidity, so sorry for not responding earlier. i didn't think you would even consider my not-so-veiled request. thank you for taking the time to do the research. it doesn't matter if you can't add them, the one's you've created are absolutely FABULOUS all on their own! my new name for these are "OMSPs gone WILD!" i am having so much fun decorating with them, i must thank you twice. sooo... thanks again.

btw: it most certainly is NOT shady to copy work for the good of the community at large. paysite creators copy free work all the time for greed and profit. you would have done it out of the kindness of your heart (and much deserved praise ). free creators should feel no qualms about copying pay crap. if i could mesh, i most certainly wouldn't feel bad about it.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 1:50 AM
ahh, ok. ty I didn't know what they were for. Cool.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 5:39 PM
I was a little intimidated by the sheer amount of stuffs, , but when I saw that it wouldn't interfere with sims (no footprints), that I could hang sims from the ceiling (oh lord, I just realized something morbid that this could be used for), and that I could use these to decorate things floor to ceiling (without having to have a bazillion different omsp's in my folder) I realized that I was suddenly very comfortable with the sheer amount of stuffs! Thank You. Seriously. :lovestruc -Chibi

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Test Subject
#110 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 1:58 AM
thats so awesome Ô___o

its the next revolution after the reflective floors xD
Test Subject
#111 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 7:12 AM
Oh my gosh!! These are fantastic! Thanks so much for all the time and effort creating these and sharing them with us!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#112 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChibiGamer
I was a little intimidated by the sheer amount of stuffs, , but when I saw that it wouldn't interfere with sims (no footprints), that I could hang sims from the ceiling (oh lord, I just realized something morbid that this could be used for), and that I could use these to decorate things floor to ceiling (without having to have a bazillion different omsp's in my folder) I realized that I was suddenly very comfortable with the sheer amount of stuffs! Thank You. Seriously. :lovestruc -Chibi

Hehe... There is a huge amount of them, yes. Would it help if I made them so they only show up in the collection file? That way they wouldn't crowd up the buy mode catalog. You would access them through 'collections' only, and it wouldn't be a problem at all to upload them. I've actually started doing this for my own use; I have the base game ones done as well as the under/over ground ones. The angled shiftables will take more time.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 9:57 PM
Amazing !!! Thanks you very much for doing this ! I can't wait to try them out !
Test Subject
#114 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 6:54 AM
it's really wonderful!!!! thanks alot!!!
Test Subject
#115 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 2:36 PM
These are amazing! They're really going to help with my story! I'm going to go mess with them in game right now! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 9:22 PM
This has got to be the BEST FIND EVER!!!! Thank you for making these!!

~DidaDragonfly~
Test Subject
#117 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 4:31 PM
I absolutely LOVE these, oh the possibilities!!! Thank you so much!!

*A question though, how do you get the items to show only in catalog? Is there a tut somewhere about it? I'd ove to kow how to do this!!!
Instructor
#118 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 5:43 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 20th Feb 2009 at 6:09 PM.
can you do a OMSP for mutli lights? i have a 4 tile ceiling lamp i'd love to have hanging from the 2nd floor but light the first floor

an what collection file does what? theres 2 i have gotten the Over-Under_Ground-AL, Standard-Shiftable-_Shelves-AL & Special_Slots-BaseGame since there wasnt a AL version

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
can you do a OMSP for mutli lights? i have a 4 tile ceiling lamp i'd love to have hanging from the 2nd floor but light the first floor

an what collection file does what? theres 2 i have gotten the Over-Under_Ground-AL, Standard-Shiftable-_Shelves-AL & Special_Slots-BaseGame since there wasnt a AL version

Multi-tile objects cannot be placed on any surface other than ground and foundation, so upping the 4-tile ceiling lamp isn't going to happen unless you actually change the light itself (the mesh and glow bits and whatnot).

As for the Collection File, there is only one: SilentLucidityOMSPsCollection.rar. The other one you might be confusing it with (OMSPs_In_CollectionONLY.rar) is the set of OMSPs that will ONLY show up in the Collection, not in the buy mode catalog. (Actually I think I included a collection file in there, too...)

I didn't make an AL version of the special slots OMSPs, since the base game versions will stack on the AL shiftable shelves.

jodavis, do you mean only "show in the collection folder"? Because things show up in the catalog only all by themselves. That is really simple to do if you have SimPE.

Just open your package, go to Object Data (OBJD) and click on the 'Catalog Sort' tab if it isn't already open.

Under 'Room Sort' un-check all the boxes except for 'Misc.' 'Misc.' should be checked.

Under 'Function Sort' un-check all the boxes.

Hit 'Commit' and save your package. Now it won't show up in the buy mode catalog. Do make sure the object is in a collection before you do this though, or you won't be able to access it at all.
Test Subject
#120 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 3:51 PM
is it possible to put on rugs? and if it is how can i place them? ive tried several times with moveobjects on and didnt work..
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 7:17 PM
I can't come up with any new words, or enough exclamation points to do it justice, so I'll just say "Ditto" to all the above comments and "Thank You SO very much"

I can see these opening up so many, many new possibilities with story-telling and picture-taking.

Wow...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#122 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 7:45 PM
pina2, it depends on how many tiles the rugs are. These will only hold 1-tile objects, so big rugs will not place on these. Teeny 1-tile rugs, like the Thirsty Bath Mat (whatever it's called) should. I can't guarantee the texture won't get all screwy, since Maxis rugs like to get all wonky if oddly placed...
Test Subject
#123 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 10:04 PM
ok. So even if i place 6 tiles together the rug wont be placed on them (?) I tried the same thing on coffee tables and beds (put them on) and nothing...maybe im asking too much...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#124 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:08 AM
No, sorry, it just doesn't work that way. Right now it isn't possible at all in the game to place multi-tiled objects on any surface other than ground and foundation.
Test Subject
#125 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 4:05 AM
i love your ideaa :B
but i have only one problem =(
i cant tip over my table.. in any angle! :S
what can i do?
Page 5 of 11