Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:07 PM
Default The Achievement help thread.
I figured we could use a thread like this considering that achievements and finishing ambitions helps to unlock stuff.

Some of the achievements are quite difficult, so a special thread dedicated to help each other with this could go a long way, and keeps the forums from not getting too cluttered with all of it being in loose posts.

I'll start with some achievements I am having trouble with.

Epic poem and Epic play achievements don't seem to work, I am guessing that specific themes are required for the Bard to use on this. Considering that Beowulf and a Shakespeare play are referenced, perhaps thats a clue about which themes to include?

I also have a tip to make the one with carrying lots of food bowls easier, use a sim for this that has the trait that makes them a better cook. That way they prepare the meals faster and can gather 25 bowls pretty quickly. The condition doesnt matter, it can be spoiled.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 12:32 PM
I'm very intrested in those achivements! I got all of them except three. Those are "baby monarch", "Write a truly epic poem" and "Write a truly legendary play".
Do anybody here got them?
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
I also have a tip to make the one with carrying lots of food bowls easier, use a sim for this that has the trait that makes them a better cook. That way they prepare the meals faster and can gather 25 bowls pretty quickly. The condition doesnt matter, it can be spoiled.

One helpful tip is to buy an expensive larder. Cook large portions of food. Store quickly on larder by dragging it. Once you get enough large bowls, put one on the table and keep getting a serving until you accumulate 25 bowls to get the achievement. Two sims cooking would make it faster avoiding the spoilages.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acescolar
One helpful tip is to buy an expensive larder. Cook large portions of food. Store quickly on larder by dragging it. Once you get enough large bowls, put one on the table and keep getting a serving until you accumulate 25 bowls to get the achievement. Two sims cooking would make it faster avoiding the spoilages.

Even easier : do the merchant's quest where he/she has to find meat for the village (don't remember the name in english). A cook NPC will come to live at the merchant's house during this quest, and will spend all his time cooking gruel - you just have to put the bowls in the larder and then take them when there 25+. Last time I played the quest, he cooked 150 gruel bowls...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 5:52 PM
I too need help with the baby monarch quest. My queen is only level 2, my kingdom is at level 3, and the only other quests left for annexing territories are Ticktop and two places where the quests can't fail to include (and therefor level up) the queen. Do I just need to do that Ticktop quest to get the achievement?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmuMaster2002
I too need help with the baby monarch quest. My queen is only level 2, my kingdom is at level 3, and the only other quests left for annexing territories are Ticktop and two places where the quests can't fail to include (and therefor level up) the queen. Do I just need to do that Ticktop quest to get the achievement?

I think that the easiest way to get that is to fixa a kingdom that have maximum values on all of the 4 bars (don't know what they're called in english since I play the game in swedish...) that tell you about the kingdoms over-all value/status. then you can either use testingcheatsenabled and set the level on you monarch as level 1, or you can just kill of you monarch and create a new one.

hope this helps you ^w^
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmuMaster2002
I got this one in my very first kingdom. I think my queen was also lvl 2; I had played as her for the tutorial only and then been playing as pretty much anyone else. What do you mean about annexing territories? I didn't annex anyone until after I had gained this achievement; I was just playing the game and it popped up.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:10 AM
Quote:
use testingcheatsenabled and set the level on you monarch as level 1 or you can just kill of you monarch and create a new one.

both ways are not working

Rosawyn, If you say it's possible I'll try once again. I thought this achievement is buged, because you are the first who tell he got it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:12 PM
Is there any way not to level to 2 with the monarch on the first quest?

I was thinking on my next kingdom to get into copper range on the tutorial for minimum xp gain. I think you only get 400 xp then for complete.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:56 PM
The easiest way to get the "Baby Monarch" is to build a kingdom up until you have all buildings placed,that seems to be how the game judges the "size" of your kingdom. Then run the Royal Assassination quest. Then install a new monarch.

The Achievements for the Bard read as "Legendary" to me, not Epic (The one you can craft.) I'm guessing you need to buff your focus up as high as you can. I believe it does actually go higher than the bar's maximum display. How high I have no idea, but I've managed to turn Yellow odds with a "maxed" focus bar to green by piling on more buffs.
So put everything you can in, then write your Epic Poem or Play and hope the Watcher is with you.
I don't think themes or titles matter... but I could be wrong.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by janat
Rosawyn, If you say it's possible I'll try once again. I thought this achievement is buged, because you are the first who tell he got it.

I've gotten this achievement too so it's definitely not bugged. My monarch was level two at the time and I got it when I built the last of the hero buildings. I think that it won't work retroactively. I think you need to actually build your last hero building while your monarch is low level in order for it to activate so changing the level after the fact won't trigger the achievement.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:40 PM
I actually build my last hero building while my monarch was level 2. And nothing! What am I doing wrong?
Eminence Grise
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:49 AM
I think some of em are broken
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:10 AM
I'm on a quest (I can't remember the name) where the blacksmith and preist are working together to make some great symbol for the monarch. It ends up being an alloy sword. It's a really long quest and I'm sick of it. At this point the sword is almost complete. The priest just has to make a special potion to catalyze it, but he needs a mana stone for it. There haven't been any opportunities for him to get one and he can't mine one. The blacksmith has 3 but I can't figure out how to get it from his inventory to the priest's. Does anyone know about this quest.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I'm on a quest (I can't remember the name) where the blacksmith and preist are working together to make some great symbol for the monarch. It ends up being an alloy sword. It's a really long quest and I'm sick of it. At this point the sword is almost complete. The priest just has to make a special potion to catalyze it, but he needs a mana stone for it. There haven't been any opportunities for him to get one and he can't mine one. The blacksmith has 3 but I can't figure out how to get it from his inventory to the priest's. Does anyone know about this quest.

Not sure why this in in this particular thread, but you can give things from one hero to another by just dragging the item from one hero's inventory and dropping it on top of the other hero. BAM the item will be in the other hero's inventory. Also with things like herbs and ore you can put them in the various profession tables and another sim can open up the table/forge and get the item out.
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd May 2011 at 6:08 PM
I was really hoping that after the patch I will get "baby monarch, but it's still not working!
And even bard with legendary trait and 30 extra levels can't write true legendary poem and play!
I'm bored
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:18 AM
Does anyone know what the requirements for Baby Monarch are? It seems there's consensus that 'inexperienced' means level 1 or 2, but what is 'vast kingdom'?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:39 AM
I haven't done the Baby Monarch one yet, i plan on trying that with my next kingdom but i think the requirements of 'vast' kingdom might mean all other heroes having a level ten while the Monarch is a level one. I could be wrong, might try having all the territories annexed as well as all heroes leveled out and then do the Royal Assassination quest to get a 'baby' Monarch. Which would need a new Monarch made from scratch opposed to using a child succession because i think the aged up Prince or Princess start at a level higher than level one.
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlindingEchoes
I haven't done the Baby Monarch one yet, i plan on trying that with my next kingdom but i think the requirements of 'vast' kingdom might mean all other heroes having a level ten while the Monarch is a level one. I could be wrong, might try having all the territories annexed as well as all heroes leveled out and then do the Royal Assassination quest to get a 'baby' Monarch. Which would need a new Monarch made from scratch opposed to using a child succession because i think the aged up Prince or Princess start at a level higher than level one.

From everything I've read (and my own experience in 2 ambitions) the assassinate the monarch quest does not work for the Baby Monarch achievement. Neither does placing all the buildings with a level 1 or level 2 monarch. I guess I'll try annexing some territories and getting all heroes to a level higher than the monarch next...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:07 AM Last edited by BlindingEchoes : 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Czeri
From everything I've read (and my own experience in 2 ambitions) the assassinate the monarch quest does not work for the Baby Monarch achievement. Neither does placing all the buildings with a level 1 or level 2 monarch. I guess I'll try annexing some territories and getting all heroes to a level higher than the monarch next...

Could always cheat the Monarch's level to a level one once all the territories are annexed and the other heroes are at level 10, of course that's only if you have the testingcheats or similar mods installed. I might try that out just to see if that is in fact what that achievement requires since i've already finished the annexing kingdom ambition, just pop into the saved game and cheat the monarch's level down.

Edit: Duh, can't do it without QP's lol, my stupid. Still gonna try it out with my current kingdom, just won't be as automatic as if i could do with with a completed kingdom lol.