Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:48 PM
Where are these bodies?
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yesme88
What I found strange was that when I poked around looking in some of the houses, I found one home that had a basement .In the basement it looked as if it was some type of resturant because it had these big tables with lots of chairs and four stoves. I dont get the purpose of that?

I found that too! My firefighter sim had to go downt there and dig some people out of rubble after an earthquake and I saw the odd basement. My impression of it was more of a secret meeting place for a hush-hush organization/club. Since it was in a very large and very rich house and the basement was so cold/gray/industrial looking it made me think of a secret society or something that uses a nice old rich house as a cover up... Maybe I'm looking at it in the wrong way...

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:24 PM
Slow Blaze is slow.

Are we still on about all the ghosts being green, or was that a genuine mix-up between resurrected skintone and actual ghosts? Because I have a particularly zappy, yellow ghost by the name of Pixie floating around and scaring the heck out of my kids..
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 6:32 PM
This same question was asked on the sims3 official forums. And the answer that people came up with, TwinbrooK is Innsmouth. They even added a statue vaguely based on C'thulu called Troggo.Innsmouth is a fictional town in H.P. Lovecraft's Shadow Over Innsmouth and other stories. Look it up, the similarities are very bizzaar.
Theorist
#55 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 1:27 AM
The mayor quarantined Twinbrook because someone there has a case of the Mondays.
Test Subject
#56 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Colyn22
TwinbrooK is Innsmouth.

I thought Twinbrook was a reference to Twinpeaks... or am I just very old? :p
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:34 AM
Has anybody else noticed the burnt out forest near the military base and the curious house? It's a bit creepy, because the grounds an unatural yellow, and in the bacround is a barren bunch of some very small islands in the middle of water, which apper to be from the water running dry which really supports the "Twinbrook is Strangetown"
Forum Resident
#58 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 7:54 AM
Yeah, i noticed that too. I think it's because of meteor strikes. IIRC, there's a meteor spawner there and a fresh crater there. And if you examine the map view you can see craters that could have been thousand years old that it looks smoother because of erosion.
Maybe Twinbrook is a meteor magnet? And all those meteors cause radiations that screws the townspeople so bad that they slowly transform into mutants?
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 1:58 PM
Yeah thats possible. Maybe thats why some of the people are so fugly... it's either that, or way too much inbreeding
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:00 PM
Is it just me, or is this all really weird....

There's a train wreck in the ocean, a multi car pileup near bayless memorial junkyard, and or is it just me or does it look like meteor craters behind guppy gills pond.

kinda weird if you ask me, could be radiation, sludge, as other have mentioned

could be aliens, mass murderer

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:01 PM
plus, it might not be as quarantined as we think it is, on the road nthat goes up to the ppidgin roost, its barricaded to cars, but not to bikers or people who walk... hmm

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Alchemist
#62 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:10 PM
i'll take "there's something in the water" for 500, please.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
I think they really went overboard with Twinbrook. Not only is probably half of the entire sims players going to cheat and see all the desceased sims (which are green for some reason), and see what they did, but went all out on hundreds of new world objects. Like you mentioned, all the roads leading out are barred, and many new little easter eggs. EA really did a great job on this. And being on topic, I think they're barred for the same reason kiwi mentioned. Zombies O__________o

You just gave me some incentives playing Twinbrooks

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 8:45 AM
Quote:
Interestingly, all the premade deceased Sims in Twinbrook are pale green if resurrected. They also have gray hair and are all barefoot. In this post on thesims3.com, SimGuruLily says that this was intentional, but does not say what the intent was. It is very possible that this is a reference to classic comic book supervillian Solomon Grundy, who was resurrected after being "buried" in a swamp, emerging as a green-skinned, white-haired, bare-footed demi-zombie.

Can we trust Simwiki, though?

:3
Forum Resident
#65 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 10:08 AM
I don't like Twinbrook, it's too creepy for me to play. Those ugly sims are like serial killers hiding in the swamp and always ready to stab behind your back.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th May 2011 at 4:02 AM
It's definitely my favorite neighborhood, hands down. I haven't resurrected any pre-made sims yet.. I am so going to do that now.

Someone said something about an indian burial ground, and dude, how amazing would it be if we got a neighborhood with an actual indian burial ground, along with pueblo houses? And in keeping with that likely very racist stereotype (but this IS the sims), Shamans. Effing seriously.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 17th May 2011 at 4:23 PM
ZOMBIES!!!!
But has anyone looked at the Pidgin roost lately. Ya' know all the pillars in the broken down pool and pond combo. The town is old and creepy i just realized....
I have very bad observation skills, Twinbrook was the first town I played and I never realized the history of it, although I did think the little five year old ghost riding the bike up to teh fancy neighbourhood was a bit creepy...
Come to think of it, the cemetary is rather large...
If this is the new 'strangetown'...has anyone seen Bella? Just kidding...

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 4:30 AM
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I've been playing TB a lot, and came across this thread and the sims3 thread and just had to comment. Some ppl are making the comparison between TB and Strangetown, that TB BECOMES Strangetown. Then I see the reverse happening as far as the green ppl, that the green ppl are ancestors they got rid of for some reason or another.

Can't have it working both ways. Can only go forward. I would put forth that if TB becomes Strangetown, that the toxic dumping/distasters/isolation/gene pool starvation lead to the residents of TB becoming the ancestors of the residents of Strangetown. In other words: the aliens used to be human.

I'm only on pg 60 of the sims3 thread and mostly posted to see if anyone out there was still interested in the mysteries (sorry if its been solved and I'm a noob).
Test Subject
#69 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauralynn
I found that too! My firefighter sim had to go downt there and dig some people out of rubble after an earthquake and I saw the odd basement. My impression of it was more of a secret meeting place for a hush-hush organization/club. Since it was in a very large and very rich house and the basement was so cold/gray/industrial looking it made me think of a secret society or something that uses a nice old rich house as a cover up... Maybe I'm looking at it in the wrong way...

Which house is that?
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 1:32 PM
Twinbrook is easily my favourite town not just in TS3 but maybe in all the games combined. It's the reason I went from "Oh this game is pretty fun" to "Wow I think this has replaced TS2 in my heart". At first view, I thought it was just beautiful, but as I played it more, I liked how it became beautiful in a weird, sinister, ugly way. There's so many creepy little details littered all over the town and it makes the town seem really lived in? IMO, everything in Sunset Valley and other towns is so bright and clean it looks like it was just built, whereas Twinbrook is very atmospheric; I can imagine the Pidgins having lived in that house for years and years, for example. I don't know, I have a lot of love for this town. I wish they'd developed the stories a little more so that there would be more concrete answers for some of these mysteries, but I guess I also like filling in the blanks myself.
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 6:35 PM
i also loved Twinbrook, it was a great step-away from the sunny beachtown Sunset Valley, i think that the deceased sims are green because to make them look Zombie like , perhaps when ressurecting, i also notice how EA got lazy with relating them to families, they just give them a name and appearance similar to someone in town and then wham, they can play dead.
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 6:58 PM
i also see that alot of people mention here inbreeding, that is strange because Gwayne Bayless is said to be inbred ( her eyes are heavily angled ), the description also says that the families origins "are a bit hard to track down", i think the town is in quarantane because of the hazards that have been found around town, ( deadly swamp gas as you said ) or perhaps other reasons, i also loved that the town has much more history than Riverview opr Sunset Valley, such as the Pidgin's house, i loved playing them, i also loved the the destroyed pool being turned into a great fishtank, the old and creepy houses and atmosphere and a lot more stuff...
Test Subject
#73 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:56 PM
Maybe it's quarantined so that the sims can't get out into the real world... dun dun DUN
Instructor
#74 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:18 AM
Oh dear Watcher.
Remind me never to play in TwinBrook again.
-Coward Trait-
Scholar
#75 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:18 AM
^ Lol, now I want to move my legacy to Twinbrook for all the possible mutant sewage stories and other crazy things I can write about Maybe I have the "insanely evil writer" trait XD
Page 3 of 4