Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#26 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
That makes three of us

Make it four.

I gotta shove tons of meteor spawners to my WIP world in CAW...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
All I could scream was, "AY! ELLAGONDA!", and wave my arms around and shrug my shoulders like a Sim stuck in a corner.

Wish I had seen that. :D

Btw sorry for your sim.

Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka

There are spawners? o_o

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
There are spawners? o_o

No, there are not.

There are "space rock" spawners, but those have no connection to meteor strikes.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
No, there are not.

There are "space rock" spawners, but those have no connection to meteor strikes.

Aww.
Not fair, no apocalypse is complete without a few meteor strikes... and zombies.

Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:20 PM
If you really want meteors there are mods which increase the chance of them, and the amount of damage they do.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Field Researcher
#31 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
If you really want meteors there are mods which increase the chance of them, and the amount of damage they do.

Well, since mods work in every neighborhoods (but correct me if I'm wrong), that wouldn't be a good solution. Because you see, I have the nice Sunset Valley, where my perfect family lives it's perfect life. But then, there is the ruined, zombie-infested (the zombies are actually mummies) Twinbrook where only two sims try to survive... well a few meteor strikes here and there would be awesome in that world.
But falling on one of my favourite sim's head? No please.

Besides that, yes I really want meteors. :D

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:12 PM
Yeah, that's the problem I had. I forgot to take out the file before moving into another neighbourhood and it was hilariously tragic XD
But if you remember to take it out and keep it saved somewhere when you're done with that world then it works. Well, only if you close between worlds anyways, depending on your load time it could be worth it?
And they also have one which has can have different levels of meteors and damage (Including lessoning them, so you should be able to have higher chance of meteor but less damage)

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Instructor
#33 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:45 PM
It happened once in my game and it hit my garden, so nothing important ... I wish it happens again, because I've never seen people from the town dying from another cause that natural death ...
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 6:49 PM
Maybe you could move the odds of a meteor shower just a little up, and just play your zombie game a lot XD
Field Researcher
#35 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:30 PM
My heiress got was affected by a meteor when she was working at the police station. Thank plumbob she survived, she had a set of toddler triplets and an incompetent husband who loved to flirt with her mother at home.
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:34 AM
^ LOL
Usually the mother in law is the person to avoid, not to flirt XD
Field Researcher
#37 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 6:25 AM
@acid_paradox

Oh my god, your picture...

Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Make it four.

Me five!

And I am looking for a mod to increase/induce these kind of disasters in a more controllable fashion. Example: on a very low mood day (IRL), I wish to see nothing more than meteor shower non-stop on my work place (or school) until it is nothing but a flat ground.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:34 PM
Some pictures from the incident and one cute after pic In random order XD
Screenshots
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#40 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:02 PM
I should get around to adding a "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" code. It will do what it says on the label.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I should get around to adding a "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" code. It will do what it says on the label.

Oh hello Pescado,

Is your AwesomeMod still running? I went to the download page and it didn't state the last update was, so I was afraid to download it.

Back on topic, controlled disasters will make a great mod. It would be very entertaining and useful for movie making when you can call out any kind of disaster you need at will. "Everyone in position, commend earthquake in 30 seconds, ACTION!"

Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:08 PM Last edited by fingersmith : 11th Apr 2011 at 6:24 PM.
I had a meteor hit my school a few sim days ago. It killed two of my sims - annoying as they were nearing young-adult stage and so I was looking forward to setting them up with jobs etc - and burnt three others. I've never had something like that happen naturally in a game before...

Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 8:51 PM
^ see THAT'S a proper meteor! *kicks my pathetic rock*
I'm sorry your sims died though
Forum Resident
#44 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 8:56 PM
Oh man, I remember my first encounter with meteors. Everything started shaking and I started freaking out: "NO NO NO DON'T DO THAT, I JUST GOT THIS COMPUTER, GRAPHIC CARD IS PERFECT YOU PIECE OF S**T!" Then the meteor came and I sighed with relief: "Oh, it's just the game." PHEW hahaha
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 9:11 PM
Does this happen in base game? If so, do you have to have story progression on? It's never happened to me! Once I went to the beach and there was a GIANT meteor there but thats all I've seen of that kind of stuff
Instructor
#46 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by {Love~Spell}
Does this happen in base game? If so, do you have to have story progression on? It's never happened to me! Once I went to the beach and there was a GIANT meteor there but thats all I've seen of that kind of stuff
It requires the Ambitions expansion, and no, Story Progression is not required. The meteor you saw on the beach was probably just a space rock, which are just rock spawns and unrelated to meteor hits.

OT: Once, I was playing my adventuring family, and my sim was giving birth to her fifth child. The father walked into the hospital, and immediately afterwards, a meteor up and hit the hospital, killing both of them. It was the most awesome tragic thing that had ever happened in my game. My thought process at the time:

"-blinks-

...wait, what?

...ROFL. -quits without saving-"

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Mad Poster
#47 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:41 AM
This was my epic meteor hit on my tiny lot.

Old pics. :D

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 11:11 AM
I've yet for a meteor as well. hell, all my sims have only died a natural death. how often do meteors actually happen with out mods?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 12:12 PM
Four of us. Any way to trigger this? Like staring at the sky?
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:37 PM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 14th Apr 2011 at 5:03 AM.
According to Twallan, his mod "Debug Enabler" will be able to trigger any event. It is a built in debug tool made by EA, Twallan mod just made it enabled, and give a clickable menu to it. I have yet to try out.

Update: I tried, but all 3 times, no meteor shows up. I did it in the open too (not indoor, or in basement).

Page 2 of 3