Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:06 AM
Default I Want To Cut Their Apron Strings, But How?
In my games, some of the non-active kids meet Mr/Ms Right, get married and move out of their parent's home. Sometimes they get married and stay at home, inviting their new spouse to join them in mooching off their parents for life. And then there are the others, the YA or Adult-aged children who live at home with their parents, never marry, and are waiting until the elders do the dance with the Grim Reaper (lose a parent, gain a house to call your own).

Is there a way to push the unattached YA/Adults (who do have jobs, so they can get by on their own) out of their parent's homes without having to manually move them all out myself?

I do use NRaas Story Progression and I have the broken home move set to false because it p*ssed me off when a YA was forced out of the home by a teen because those two didn't get along. Is this even relevant, maybe not.

All the starter houses in town are sitting empty when they could be filled with enterprising, single, go-getters...if not for the apron strings.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:54 PM
NRAAS register has an option to stop immigration.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 10:46 PM
@nitromon - When you get a chance, check your Immigration settings. There may be a setting that is no longer at the default value, allowing immigration into the houses in your town. By default, outsiders shouldn't be moving into your town unless triggered by the settings.

Here's a good NRaas Story Progression (Immigration) FAQ page:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryPr...FAQ+Immigration