Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
Default Origin folder causes trouble with CC?
Hello everyone!

It didn't take long and people are complaining about CC which doesn't show up in their game. Usually the advices of others help, but If you are an exception, there might be exceptions for your ability to mod...What happens for example if...

-you have an 'Origin Games' folder instead of an 'Electronic Arts' folder
or/and
-you installed your game on another partition(simply because you like your PC/Laptop fast and clean!)

So here are my circumstances as an example for the problem:

1. I wanted to install TheSims4 with a CD but was automatically redirected to Origin, where the game was installed after entering the product key
2. I installed it on another partition(which shouldn't cause a big problem after all because I installed plenty of other games and my Steam files there and everything works fine)
3. My path now looks like this: PC/Games(F: )/Origin Games/The Sims 4
4. I only had 4 folders from the beginning in my Sims 4 folder, which were '_Installer','Data','Game' and 'Support'. You can see no Mods folder, so I created one by myself.(Just like I did in Sims 2 and many other people did before and after me...)
5. I put all the stuff I downloaded in the Mods folder (of curse only the package files!)
6. started Game and nothing exept of a pair of leggins, which came with a new mesh showed in the game. This means, that recolours obviously do not work.
7.After a while of research I found out this:

Inside the “Mods” folder you will find the resource.cfg file which enables the use of 3rd party content. This file should remain inside the Mods folder at all times. If you should ever hard delete or lose this file (or mods folder), the game will automatically generate a new one the next time you boot up the game.'

on This side: http://simsvip.com/2014/08/22/how-t...-in-the-sims-4/

8. I searched the resource.cfg file, there wasn't any in my mods folder even after starting the game again and again...
9. I thought, well, it can't really get 'worse' (I know it's no drama at all, I like the game and I really did not download as much as other people do xD), so I tried to find a resource.cfg file which I could maybe copy into my mods folder.
I simply took one from a random folder I found in the Demo-Version
10. I started the game new and of course nothing happened :o
11. I'm posting this!

Well, so I figured out:
-I seem to have the 'wrong path', that's why everything is messed up and nothing works like I want it to :P
-I also seem to have the wrong partition, but I have NO proof for this

I hope someone can help me, I tried to explain as precisely as I could what the problem is and I'm sure I'm not the only one, cause I read in many other forums and chats, that people have similar problems with similar conditions...

Maybe I will uninstall everything and retry to install sims manually and on partition C: if that is what's required.
Because now I feel like it's not only about the CC it just made me curious and I want answers

Thank you for reading, I'm looking forward to all of your replies, no matter what, even if you want to tell that you have same conditions/problems!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
I have the game installed via Origin, too. You're creating a Mods folder that isn't needed. You should have and "Origin" and/or "Origin Games" folder under Program Files(x86). This is not the one that the mods folder is in. If you downloaded the game with Origin, you should also have a "The Sims 4" folder under Documents >> Electronic Arts >> The Sims 4. That's the one that the Mods folder is in. It should also have a resource.cfg file inside, though if for whatever reason it doesn't I uploaded it here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:29 PM
Kawab you are a genious, thank you very much found it!
Jeeeziz...I'm trying everything but do not find, what is obvious xD
gonna try it now ^^
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:57 PM
No problem.