Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 5:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Ran delphy's dashboard, not sure what's okay to delete.
I've been having some problems in-game (nothing big, no need to go into it) so I ran delphy's dashboard to see if something came up.

a whole LOT came up. it's all mostly conflicts, but the thing is I don't know what's okay to delete.

example of what I see:

it goes on like that down the entire scrollbar. all those files are \DCBackup and they conflict with just 2 files, in the \DCCache. since it's a cache, does that mean it's okay to delete those files in there? will the game just remake those files upon start up?

also, some of the files come up as "corrupt" a few saying that it has another package inside it. what do I do in that situation?

the game is playable right now, but maybe the minor annoyances could be fixed if someone can help me figure this out.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:08 AM
Anything in the DCBackup folder is copies of what you already installed via the launcher, so that's why they show up as conflicts. I actually delete everything inside that folder every time I install a Sims3Pack since the game doesn't read that folder for CC anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:41 AM
thanks for the info, I've cleared out the backup folder and will remember that for future reference.

there's still the problem with the file that it says is corrupt, it's in the library folder and if it matters it's called ebf_0xc29e01426fb65620.package.. it says it has another package inside it. is it okay to delete the files in the library folder as well?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 11:58 AM
The Library folder contains your installed or saved lots, and Dashboard isn't designed to read that folder - ignore those files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 12:56 PM
Ok, my english is bad, but I try.
When Dashbord says "the lot ist corrupt(Contains another DPBF), there is an package in this package, can I install the lot or I must delete it.
The Custard says sims3Pack is ok.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReynaCerra
Ok, my english is bad, but I try.
When Dashbord says "the lot ist corrupt(Contains another DPBF), there is an package in this package, can I install the lot or I must delete it.
The Custard says sims3Pack is ok.

if its corrupt you must delete it. unless dashboard fixes it , but most likely it will be a disabled invisible file.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:32 PM
I am getting the same corrupt file notice (Contains another DBPF). First, I check the 3pack lot with CustardCleaner, remove unwanted files and resave the lot-only 3pack. Next, I extract the package file and run dashboard. When dashboard indicates the file is corrupt (Contains another DBPF), I check S3PE to see if I can locate the extra DPBF, but I'm not seeing anything out-of-the ordinary. It could be I don't know specifically what to look for, but I can't find the extra file. Is it possible to duplicate the file while saving it via custard?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, be very careful while searching this subject, as exchanging some of the letters in DBPF can result in some "interesting" topics.

[
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mauriemom
I am getting the same corrupt file notice (Contains another DBPF). First, I check the 3pack lot with CustardCleaner, remove unwanted files and resave the lot-only 3pack. Next, I extract the package file and run dashboard. When dashboard indicates the file is corrupt (Contains another DBPF), I check S3PE to see if I can locate the extra DPBF, but I'm not seeing anything out-of-the ordinary. It could be I don't know specifically what to look for, but I can't find the extra file. Is it possible to duplicate the file while saving it via custard?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, be very careful while searching this subject, as exchanging some of the letters in DBPF can result in some "interesting" topics.

+1 need help myself
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mauriemom

This is what I'm currently trying:
  1. Open the Corrupt .package using S3PE
  2. Select all resource (Ctrl-A)
  3. Resource > Export > to file > choose an *empty* directory
  4. In that export directory, find the file that begins with DBPF.
  5. Write down its Type_Group_Instance%%+Tag
  6. Back to S3PE, find the matching resource, and delete it
  7. Save as new .package
  8. Disable old (corrupt) .package
  9. Using Delphy's dashboard, clean all cache, then rescan

I just tried, and the dashboard now no longer complains about Corrupted .package files again.

As to whether my fix works... not sure. I'm yet to start the game. I'll update with more info.

(For step 4, you can open a Command Prompt, go to the directory where S3PE exported the resources, and run the command findstr /m "DBPF" *.* )
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 9:55 AM
Thankyou for trying to help. However, as the question was asked in 2011, the chances are slim that the poster still needs help with it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Thankyou for trying to help. However, as the question was asked in 2011, the chances are slim that the poster still needs help with it.

Aaargh!! I know I must've done something styoopid >.<

Sorry for the necromancy. Really should have read a post's date before replying
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:27 PM
Actually, I am encountering this and would like an update. Did it work? I have a handful of downloaded houses it deems corrupt, would love to be able to use them.

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.