Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 10:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default Toddler teleporting out of crib
Hi! I have kind of an annoying problem - whenever my toddler is sleepy and the parents try putting her in the crib, the toddler teleports to one room and the parent to another, and just stand there. I tried changing the crib and the only thing I can think about is that I recently got Overwatch & Errortrap, but I don't see how they could screw up my toddlers sleep, haha. I need both errortrap and overwatch, because without them I tend to get the error 12

Anyone had teleporting toddlers before?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 12:14 PM
... my toddlers imaginary friend-thingy seems to be possesed. Lol, it seems to be solved, stupid possesed toys
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 9:23 PM
i''m getting the same thing. I JUST CREATED A THREAD TALKING ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE, with a few other issues.I assume it might be a new bug from showtime or from supernatural. Didn't have the issue before those add-ons. I was able to use a different sim in the house to put the baby in the crib. But the sim that had the problem, always has the problem. Only deleting them and recreating them will fix it (so far).
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 2:57 AM
Just FYI: I was having this issue as well, after installing 1.42, but without Seasons, Showtime or Supernatural packs.

Happened with both EA and custom cribs. Restarting the game fixed it. Moving, resetting or re-purchasing cribs did not work. Resetting sims or using different sims did not work. The suggestion that it is related to Imaginary Friends may be the key, as there were numerous sims with IFs in the house at the time, with high relationships to the toys.

I have not had the problem since mid-December..., my sims do not currently have any high-relationship IFs, and I have installed Seasons since Christmas. I didn't do the CC dance over this issue, but also have not altered my CC over the period concerned.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Malplacerad
Hi! I have kind of an annoying problem - whenever my toddler is sleepy and the parents try putting her in the crib, the toddler teleports to one room and the parent to another, and just stand there. I tried changing the crib and the only thing I can think about is that I recently got Overwatch & Errortrap, but I don't see how they could screw up my toddlers sleep, haha. I need both errortrap and overwatch, because without them I tend to get the error 12

Anyone had teleporting toddlers before?

If you take their imaginary friend out of their inventory it should be fine. Not sure why it's suddenly started happening to me a year after it happened to you but that seemed to fix it.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 12:13 PM
For those having Overwatch or Error Trap: If your still having problems with this and your game is generating script errors they can be uploaded over at NRaas for someone to read. Those errors will generally identify the cause of ingame issues. You'll need to register to Upload. Instructions for uploading are in a link on the NRaas Home Page