Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Download Organiser - v1.2.6365 updated 6th June 2017

by Tashiketh Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM by Tashiketh : Updated bbcode for headers

1661 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1565 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 64 of 67
THANKS POST
#1576 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 8:15 PM
This program is such a life saver <3 Between it, Clean Installer, and the Compressorizer... My computer thanks you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1577 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:09 PM
Can I like KISS you!!! This is a life sever for me and my computer. Me and my computer like to thank you and MOD for helping with my Sims 2. Playing TS2 since 2009 and not leaving.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1578 Old 25th May 2014 at 6:48 AM
Grata por Postar seu Trabalho. Parabens
Lab Assistant
#1579 Old 31st May 2014 at 10:30 AM Last edited by jvms20 : 31st May 2014 at 11:59 AM.
This program seems nice and all...that is to someone who understands it.....

I don't understand what this program is for. I got it because I heard it could help organize my files for me. I currently have a problem with my game, where it crashes when I quit it. I took out all my custom content and it stopped crashing. Is this program supposed to help me determine the exact file in my downloads folder that is causing the crashing in my game?? I'm not too familiar with computers or this game.

EDIT: Wait. Scratch that. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Wow, this really is an awesome program. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#1580 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 10:59 PM
This program is great for organizing, but when I scan for orphans, it comes up with more than 2000 of them (I have more than 30.000 CC) and I only have a few hairs and outfits not showing up in my game, so that can't be right. Furthermore, I located the meshes for some of the files labeled as orphans, but with all of them, it says they're already in the downloads folder.

Very unreliable, in terms of orphan-search, unfortunately.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1581 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:32 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
#1582 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:09 AM
When I try to run Download Organiser, it brings up that "application has generated an exception" error message. I have NET Framework 1.1 installed, I have the latest DirectX files, I extracted the zip file in the original order, without changing the structure, but I cannot start the program.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1583 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Amaya Malkavian : 11th Aug 2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Forgetful mind
Thank you
This program is awesome. :) It helped me sort out the mods. Thank you. :)

EDIT:
There's just one thing that I wanted to ask you. Today, when I ran the program, some of the items (meshes, recolors etc) didn't offer the option to preview texture. If my logic serves me correctly, those items are partially deleted, like their master files are deleted within the game, while remains of it (meshes and such) stayed behind.
I'm not sure if that is true, so I'm asking here if that's what I think it is, so I can delete them safely or it's something else?

Thanks in advance. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1584 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:45 AM
Unfortunately broken on Win8.
Test Subject
#1585 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Se7enex
Unfortunately broken on Win8.

It worked well in my Win8.
Did you tried the Win8 compatibility mode?
Lab Assistant
#1586 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:22 PM Last edited by sandya : 29th Sep 2014 at 1:34 AM.
I realised that I just needed to redownload and set it up for the downloads in the Ultimate. How silly can I be? Thanks again for this wonderful program!
Test Subject
#1587 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:44 PM
I just ran this program, and I am a bit confused. Are the downloads that are red/orange/yellow supposed to be deleted? Does the color means something is wrong with them? Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1588 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 3:37 PM
Super super nifty. I never organize my downloads properly, eheh....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1589 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 12:51 AM
thanx
Test Subject
#1590 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:51 PM
Default DDO Exception Error Fix for Win 7 compatibility
Quote: Originally posted by Bow_Chicka_Bow_Wow
When I try to run Download Organiser, it brings up that "application has generated an exception" error message. I have NET Framework 1.1 installed, I have the latest DirectX files, I extracted the zip file in the original order, without changing the structure, but I cannot start the program.

This is a late response to this question but I was having the same issue and found a solution (DDO works great for me now).

How to Install .net framework 1.1 in Windows 7 64-bit?

This is a known issue, from Vista through to Windows 7.
The solution was posted on mydigitallife website (see link below).

Otherwise here is a a copy/paste to install .Net 1.1 and SP1 into Vista or Win7 (32 or 64 bit).

Create a new folder named DotNet in C:\ drive (C:\DotNet is used in this guide, you can change to any folder you prefer, but ensure that you use correct path in the following steps).

1. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe ). Make sure the setup file is saved as dotnetfx.exe .

2. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe ). Make sure that the file is renamed and saved as dotnetfxsp1.exe , so that the rest of the steps can be followed easily.

3. Move both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet), if you’re not saving them together.

4. Open command prompt as Administrator (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt).

5. Change to the directory where the two installation setup files for .NET 1.1 are saved (C:\DotNet>).
- CD/
- CD dotnet

6. Run the following commands one by one, press Enter after each one.
- dotnetfx.exe /c:"msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet"
- Then click on “Yes” when prompted to answer “would you like to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Package?”
- dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
- msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp

7. Install Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 with slipstreamed/integrated Service Pack 1 by running netfx.msi created in the working folder.

Copy and pasted from http://www.mydigitallife.info/insta...xe-fails-error/

When I did all this (and by me, I mean my husband did it for me ) it totally fixed the issues I was having with DDO. I hope someone finds this helpful. Unknown if this works for Windows 8. I'm trying to avoid getting that OS as I've heard it's very buggy.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1591 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:46 AM
Will the 3d render ever be available publically?
Test Subject
#1592 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 7:35 PM
tadeleon, thank you for your response, but I followed those steps, tried it twice, and it didn't work. I still get the "application has generated an exception" error.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#1593 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:15 PM
This program is so useful!
It's really good to organize my stuff :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1594 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:11 PM
myślę,że to dobry program,bo coś mi nie działa content manager.Dziękuję serdecznie!
Test Subject
#1595 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:03 AM
Default I can't find the actual LINK to DOWNLOAD Delphy's Download Organiser
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
aparkin85 the polycount DDO shows is the total of *all* meshes inside the package. So if a package has multiple meshs (as a hair can do) then it can report it incorrectly.

Is it still up and running for Sims 2 lovers who are still loyal to Sims 2, and refuse to play any other version?
I have a crash issue with some cc in my beds section to buy...
Please, where is the link?
Thank you ..
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#1596 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 1:45 PM
I have an orphan mesh that needs to be found, thank you for the tool to find it
Test Subject
#1597 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 11:01 PM
I got the ultimate collection and hope someone could explain how to get the organizer to recognize all those expansion packs included and finally to find the downloads folder

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#1598 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Floralie
I got the ultimate collection and hope someone could explain how to get the organizer to recognize all those expansion packs included and finally to find the downloads folder

Thank you

I would like to know this as well!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#1599 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 12:31 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1600 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 7:24 AM
Reinstalling is a much less difficult task with this. Thanks!
Page 64 of 67