Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 3:45 PM
Default Any way to mod spells to cause death? Or does that mod exist?
I've always been annoyed by the ability to duel to the death, and yet repeated use of arcane arrow or other spells will simply have someone "severely" beaten up or so. Did anyone tackle this yet or is it even feasible?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:07 PM
Duel to death works for me just fine.

The others probably work too, if the sim is in very bad "health".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:23 PM
Perhaps I was unclear.

Duel to the death works of course.

But you can't cast harmful spells on people to kill them - they never go below (severely beaten) or whatever it is.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 1st Mar 2013 at 9:00 PM. Reason: typo
Have you tried adding tank mood to miasma? I have accidentally killed sims before by tanking their mood and just adding one negative buff, even a small one.
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 3:59 AM
I'm working on something for my core. Not ready yet, but it shouldn't be too hard to do. Actually, the killing is easy, it's the spell animations and such that aren't working yet.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 7:31 AM Last edited by Silverprinz : 2nd Mar 2013 at 7:55 AM. Reason: got interrupted, finished post.
Yes, I figured that would be the hard part. I am confident now I know you are on it.
--

One idea that went running through my head is something like this. Magic Arrow is: Energy, Air, Light. A new spell could be made, called Death Bolt or something like that; it could be Energy, Air, Dark. I tried making a spell using that combination and it failed which makes me think maybe that it is not already used. It could be a high level spell and for animation you could use Magic Arrow run twice, the first bolt hit would link up to tanking the mood, and the second would finish the victim off. Just an idea I was having, so I put it in here.
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 3:17 PM
Actually, the one I'm messing with is "Deadly Arrow". It also turns out I was coming at it the wrong way, had been messing with too many other interactions. My issue now is getting it into the spell list, and that's requiring some major core modding to get around the crack EA's been smoking.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 11:26 PM
Yeah, that figrues. And you are probably right about the funny smokes.
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 12:33 AM
Funny smokes? Puff, puff, pass?
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 1:13 AM
I am the Grim Reefer after all.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
Have you tried adding tank mood to miasma? I have accidentally killed sims before by tanking their mood and just adding one negative buff, even a small one.

AKA bad health.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:23 PM
Well, what I was thinking is that miasma gives a negative buff, so... if tank mood is used first then one more negative buff is curtains.
Instructor
#13 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 3:30 AM
I've sucessfully added a spell, it took longer than I thought it would, and I had to do most of it in CIL. Two problems remain. First, causing death, each spell seems to have a sucess callback, so this should be a piece of cake, because I use plenty of callbacks in my core. Second, is getting it to be added to existing sims, this has been the big problem I'm debugging as of late. I can add my spells to any new wizard, or any character that is turned into a wizard, but I can't add it to an existing wizard. I've pretty much givin up on two, but when I get more time I'm sure I can make a callback, and kill a sim just like my murder option in my core. I may need some testers for this one before I add it to my official core.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 3:38 AM
When you are ready to test count me in. Testing is one thing I am good at.
Instructor
#15 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 4:49 AM
I'll definately let you know, and I'll add my test core to this thread when I get it (This one I really need to test, so backup everything). Most likely it will not include existing wizards (I've racked my brain moranic try to get it with no avail), but I think, hopefully by this weekend, I'll let you test a version that will allow a new mage to kill with a spell.

Really though, it's insane what I've had to do to add a spell outside of a quest. I could add a spell any day with my partially functional quest editor, but it will only work for that quest. I've had to hack so much core, and all in CIL instead of the C# that most of my core uses. That's why I can't upload this for public without a few other testers, who are willing to mess up their game. It might render your game useless at the moment, I've done that with mods this deep. I don't want that in my core (even though I still call it a beta).

I'll add the test here, and I'll make the same statement about it, backup, backup,backup,.....
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 7:00 AM
I ALWAYS backup everything, no problem. Let me know when it is ready for testing the exact way you want it tested (other mods in/out some mods in, etc...) and I will test the heck out of it.
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 11:57 PM
Got it working, see my core.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:13 AM
I saw that. As soon as I get things working again I will test the new core and the new spell in particular.