Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invisable Homework
Hi! I have been playing Sims forever..still somewhat a noob, but I'm learning My problem is every family I have..regardless of neighborhood, my children come home from school carrying their homework and the homework is visible. However once they set it down..on a desk or wherever the homework disappears! Nowhere to be find. It doesn't matter what neighborhood or which family..same result everytime. I have looked countless on different forums including MTS to no avail. I have backed up my game and even Reset a few neighborhoods as well as cleaned out all my cache's. Same problem;( I have been playing Sims 2 for over a year never had the problem until now. Anyone have the same problem or could help me I would very much appreciate it!! thanks

Katie
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:53 PM
Sounds like a mod issue. Have you tried running the hack Conflict Utility? http://www.simwardrobe.com/ Under Sims 2 programs. I keep mine in my download folder and run it from there. That can show possible mod conflicts.
What happens if you remove all your cc and play vanilla? if the issue is solved you can know for sure that it's some type of player made content doing it. Do make a backup first and do restore to your backup.
Or make a backup, place all mods that should not be removed into a folder, eg multi PT mod. make a test hood and test it there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:38 PM Last edited by KiwiKatie000 : 1st Dec 2015 at 11:28 PM.
Thanks jo, but I don't have any hacks..never bothered with them. I do however have a few mods..do i still need to dwnld the Hack Conflict Utility? Ok.. I scanned it and it said 0 Conflicts found ;O Now what/ Any help would be great thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:04 AM
A hack is a mod in sims 2. If you mean you have clothing, hair ect, we simply call that CC.

I hope you have the essential mods/hacks that prevent the game from blowing up? Very important since the number one killer of Sims 2 hoods is corruption.

Is the homework still there but not visible or it really gone? Do the kids place it down normally or do they jump away as it disappears?

Try removing all your cc (including any hiding in the Saved Sims folder) and see what happens then. People have had all kinds of weird things happen from things as innocuous as a sink or a shirt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
A hack is a mod in sims 2. If you mean you have clothing, hair ect, we simply call that CC.

I hope you have the essential mods/hacks that prevent the game from blowing up? Very important since the number one killer of Sims 2 hoods is corruption.

Is the homework still there but not visible or it really gone? Do the kids place it down normally or do they jump away as it disappears?

Try removing all your cc (including any hiding in the Saved Sims folder) and see what happens then. People have had all kinds of weird things happen from things as innocuous as a sink or a shirt.

Hello Sorry it took me a few days to reply. Thank you for all your help..i found out it was a piece of CC. Works great now!
Again thanks for the help! :p
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:01 AM
You're welcome, glad you found it.

~Call me Jo~