Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:10 PM
Default sim pregnant more than 3 days
Hi, my sim is pregnant with her second baby, but she is now on her tenth pregnancy day and still no sign of labor . Can anyone help me please . Thanks :lovestruc
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:12 PM
Haha good luck, I had two sims same game that never ever gave birth to their babies. In matter of fact my sim seems stuck in birth.. >> << Man this game hates me today.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:31 PM
Do you have your lifespan set to epic, perhaps?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:50 PM
Thanks for your reply, but what is "lifespan to epic" means ........i have a dutch game.
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:01 PM
Number of days your sim lives. Normal = 90, Long = 190, Epic = long long time. I don't know exactly.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:06 PM
Epic is 360 and doesn't effect births
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:10 PM
Just normal, and she has to get older 2 (0 days left) but she is stuck on pregnancy. Her first child is nearly a teenager now. How to do when he becomes a young man and his mother is also a young woman.
Instructor
#8 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:15 PM
thanks, I could not remember. I have played on both normal and long and both had 3 day pregnancies.

hpgirl, have you tried to use your backup game. Maybe if you go into the sims folder under my documents and take the ".backup" off the file for your pregger sim neighborhood, that will get rid of the glitch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:29 PM
Thanks i will try it tomorrow. It's late and i must go to work early. When i come home i will try to fix it, if not i will let you know.....thanks for all your replies simfans
Forum Resident
#10 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:17 AM
Do you have the teen preg hack, by any chance?
Banned
#11 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haylz320
Do you have the teen preg hack, by any chance?

Haha, I was thinking just that, because that happened to me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:48 PM
Hi no I don't have the teen pregnancy. I had the 12 hour pregnancy but i deleted it but still having the same problem. And about the backup file do i have to delete the whole backup file or just that day when i got the glitch. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:59 PM
You don't delete the backup file, you rename it. For example, in my Saves folder I have just two files:

- Riverview.sims3 (last save)
- Riverview.sims3.backup (previous save)

If there's something wrong with my last save, I would delete that file, and remove the .backup extension from my previous save. Then when I restart the game my previous save would be loaded.

If you're smart enough to use 'save as' often (I'm not that smart, tbh) you would have many saves and I suppose you should load the one that precedes the pregnancy. But I guess you won't be that lucky.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 8:47 AM
just to update this issue: it seems to be a pretty common problem with that mod. the mod itself didn't work for me originally, and now my sim has been stuck pregnant forever. unfortunately, it's the wife of my heir, so i'm so reluctant to delete her, but it seems that none of the other tips work. this has been discussed on the official forum, but it doesn't look like anyone has said anything here, so i'm just letting anyone who finds this post know.
Instructor
#15 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hpgirl
Hi no I don't have the teen pregnancy. I had the 12 hour pregnancy but i deleted it but still having the same problem. And about the backup file do i have to delete the whole backup file or just that day when i got the glitch. Thanks

I have had the same problem with that mod too. When you deleted that mod it didn't get rid of your glitch because the glitch occurred BEFORE you deleted it. Some mods you have to put it before you want it to activate.(Eg. preg mod should put in the game before your sim get pregnant, it won't work after your sim already got pregnant etc. And to unactivate them you have to wait till the birth accomplished to delete the mod. Not in between)

For my preg sims, (both teen and ya) I have to get rid of them sadly!!!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 6:46 PM
I had the same problem with that mod as well, my sim was pregnant with her second or third kid, and she was stuck in labor at the hospital, i waited about 24 sim hours before i finally decided to delete her.
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 11:22 AM
If you've installed a pregnancy nod and deleted it while your sim was pregnant or used reset sim on a pregnant sim they will remain pregnant forever. My male grandfather wanted to have a child and got Molly French pregnant, she visited a few days later and proceeded to get suck in a door so I reset her, she's been pregnant ever since.... the newborn grandchild of my family has already expired of old age but Molly is still kicking & still very pregnant! She still goes to work, but can't get a new job, I can't kill her either or attempt to have any more children or age her up... so for now I guess I'm stuck with her!
Alchemist
#18 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TifDaSplif
If you've installed a pregnancy nod and deleted it while your sim was pregnant or used reset sim on a pregnant sim they will remain pregnant forever. My male grandfather wanted to have a child and got Molly French pregnant, she visited a few days later and proceeded to get suck in a door so I reset her, she's been pregnant ever since.... the newborn grandchild of my family has already expired of old age but Molly is still kicking & still very pregnant! She still goes to work, but can't get a new job, I can't kill her either or attempt to have any more children or age her up... so for now I guess I'm stuck with her!

have you tried using moveobjects + " sell " in buy mode? that might get rid of her if you want her gone.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 2:12 AM
I have the same issue as what TifDaSplif did. But i refuse to delete her lol Surely there's a force pregnancy mod somewhere?
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 4:13 AM
The only force terminate pregnancy mod I know of is in AwesomeMod where you type in falconpunch. It's a core mod, so if you have other mods that change sims behavior/relations, etc it could effect your game badly.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsumei
The only force terminate pregnancy mod I know of is in AwesomeMod where you type in falconpunch.

Do you know if that will work on pregnant elders too?

One of mine is in perpetual labor
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 10:02 PM
LO AND BEHOLD! A solution

I just fixed my pregnancy, thank God. Don't delete your sim, all you do is download the Master Controller Mod and scroll down to the footer of the first post; it should have two links, one is a readme file and the other is the one you want, it'll automatically download for you. Then place it in your Mods folder and load the game. Then you will be able to change a LOAD of settings, but the one you need is 'End Pregnancy'. Click on the sim that is stuck in pregnancy and you should see an option: NRAAS. and a sub menu with Master Controller. Go to advanced and then you should see end pregnancy and VOILA. She's normal again, she WILL be wearing maternity clothes but once you get her to change she'll be normal and then try again

Hope it helped ^^
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 10:06 PM
The thread is more than one year old, stephiee94- I don't think anyone is paying any attention to it anymore. Most of us already know that solution by now anyway.

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 12:03 PM
Yeah I realised that potatoehead- just thought if anyone else who had come across this situation and googled it like I did, would find this thread and find an answer.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiee94
Yeah I realised that potatoehead- just thought if anyone else who had come across this situation and googled it like I did, would find this thread and find an answer.
THANYOU!!!!! LOL haha potatohead
Page 1 of 2