Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Dark Project

by The Guild Masters Posted 17th May 2007 at 9:13 AM - Updated 23rd Mar 2008 at 1:09 PM by The Guild Masters

340 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 321 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 14
Test Subject
#101 Old 21st May 2007 at 5:31 PM
I can´t stop to say: WONDERFUL!

Too old to learn better english.but too young to have no wishes (for my sims)
Test Subject
#102 Old 21st May 2007 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
LouisaB75,
the spyglass was cloned from the expensive telescope (specifically to allow abduction by green monsters )
I haven't, however, tested it long enough for natural abduction to occur. That kind of stuff just never happens to me, expecially when testing (kinda like your luck).

There is, however, a nice 'no abduction hack' by Squinge over at Insim that should help keep your neighbourhood alien-free.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I don't hold it against you not testing it long enough to get a natural abduction. It took me nearly a year before I had one - and naturally that was an elder, then a female, then the husband of a woman who had just had twins, then the sim living in the tiny lot that comes with Pleasantview (no money and no room)....I'm sure you're spotting the pattern here.

I will see about possibly getting that hack. Or in the meantime exiting without saving. I have to save every fifteen minutes or so due to other problems anyway so it is doubtful I would lose much if there was an abduction.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 21st May 2007 at 7:31 PM
oooh. ^^ im so glad i came back and got the rest of this lot ^^
the clock tower looks good enough to slap my Master magus into (with a few aditions ^^ from the HP project and D's army downloads from the medievil midsummernights dream sets he he)
and with that green lantern, i might be able to remake the Tirisfal Glades Inn *just outside the Undercity*...though, im not sure where im gona get all those hang about Forsaken from...(warcraft reference lol)

thanks for all the wonderfull content, by the way...(probly the millionth time ya heard it, but meh...do ya ever get tired of getting thank' Yea's? ;p )
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 21st May 2007 at 9:01 PM
There are very little projects that make me disregard all other aspects of my life for a few minutes, but this kept me for ages! Truly spectacular!

"Blood is thicker than water, meaning you should be nice to your relatives. But custard is thicker than blood. This meaning you should be nice to trifles?"
- Eddie Izzard
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 21st May 2007 at 10:29 PM
Truly fantastic work.. I am in hog heaven here.. Took me two days of downloading to get it all. The lots.. *gasp* I now know why two of my favorite house builders haven't had too many houses uploaded lately. One in particular "ahem"

I am off to build a medieval neighborhood right away.. Thank you .. that barely seems enough to say for such a truly wonderful & spectacular theme such as this!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!! :lovestruc
Instructor
#106 Old 21st May 2007 at 10:30 PM
This is amazing! I have been yearning for some steampunk objects just so I could make a new hood. Now I can actually do that Neo Victorian steampunk story I've been wanting to do. Thank you all.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 21st May 2007 at 10:31 PM
What a splendid addition to the community. My thanks to one & all for these delights!

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Field Researcher
#108 Old 21st May 2007 at 11:48 PM
hooray! you guys rock! :D

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:05 AM
WOW! It looks wonderful! I cant wait to play it! Thanks!
Test Subject
#110 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:27 AM
Blimey! This is quite breath taking this vast collection of such outstanding quality work. Oh my what a treat for all the Royal Kingdoom Challengers etc. Look forward to seeing what the stroytellers and movies makes will do with all these fabulous, fabulous creations. I am off to have a massive clear out of my downloads folder and will be back.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:27 AM
These Are Amazing!!
Just What I Needed! <3
Thank You!!!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Test Subject
#112 Old 22nd May 2007 at 3:27 AM
very well done thank you to all of you for all your hard work so we may download and enjoy again thanks donna.
Test Subject
#113 Old 22nd May 2007 at 4:41 AM
very awesome set ! thank you so much ! snagged every single one !

Feleyra
Instructor
#114 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:10 AM
WOW! This is a massive and complex set, an amazingly complete and detailed set that fills in a bajillion gaps in my game. You have done an amazing job, my hat is off to all the artists in the Dark Project. This is top-knotch stuff!

Alexasrosa, Besen, Corvidophile2, Crocobaura, EnblithTheFair, Fresh-Prince, Iamliz13, JohnBrehaut1, Lethe_s, Tiggerypum, V1nd1care, Xanathon, Zoej you are all to be congratulated on superior work and generosity! I have many things by each of you in my Downloads folder, but these will be special to me =)

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Field Researcher
#115 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:21 AM
What a cool project and awesome teamwork! Well done, guys! :D
Test Subject
#116 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:50 AM
I Love it! Great work! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#117 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothGerbil
Can you put a Seasons lot in a non-Seasons game as I've never tried through fear of completely wrecking my game.

Unfortunately, you need the EPs listed to use the lots. There's no way around it. (At least, according to the Wiki. I remember reading a loooong time ago that you could use Clean Installer to install lots, but I've probably mixed that info up with stuff packs over the time.)

I don't have Seasons either, so for now, all those pretty pretty lots will sit in my computer while I madly claw at the screen.

No matter, I'll play with all the other lovely toys in this set while I wait for Seasons. XD;
Test Subject
#118 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:32 AM
Now, my medieval and victorian neighboroods will look amazing!

Great job, and fantastic pictures! They look like a historical movie!

Excellent job, thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 22nd May 2007 at 11:08 AM
My poor little downloads folder won't know what has hit it! I love medieval and victorian styles and so will be using alot of these items in my game, thank you sooo much!
Instructor
#120 Old 22nd May 2007 at 11:43 AM
Actually I never said the set sucked at all...I said the people saying the set was fantastic before even downloading & trying it was my bug-bear. On a quick note...I now have the set and even though I havn't played with it yet I will say thank you.
That is the problem with forums, you are supposed to have a freedom of speech but it seems to me if you point out a problem or issue you get jumped up and down on like a cockroach. I really like this site for it's creative items and ideas...and sets like these are much better then the crud Maxis often gives us...but the threads that follow these items or sets should be for pointing out problems or issues as well as praise when something has been succesfully downloaded/installed and played with. A lot of people do tend to rave on how great an item is without trying out in game first. I usually read the comments before downloading and installing just to see if anyones had any issues with the said item and when you get loads of "That is awesome" type threads and then you download it and it doesn't show up or doesn't work properly it is really annoying. I hope you can understand what I am saying...I am not slateing anyone but I just wish some comments were more constructive.
Peace,
ZenFrog76

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 22nd May 2007 at 12:13 PM
Fantastic Work. Wonderfull Items you made. Thank you for that all.
Test Subject
#122 Old 22nd May 2007 at 12:18 PM
Absolutely incredible! What an amazing job you guys did! Thank you!
Fluffy
retired moderator
#123 Old 22nd May 2007 at 12:32 PM Last edited by Lethe_s : 23rd May 2007 at 10:06 PM.
Zenfrog,
constructive comments are appreciated, and we really do need to know when something's not working. And you were very helpful in pointing that out.
This sort of thing only gets problematic when we're already on our last nerves and aware of the problem, and just waiting for whoever can fix it to wake up. Something that happens on forums, just because everyone is in a different time zone. I hope you understand;

as for thanks: people like to be appreciated, too. That's why most of us mod. MTS installed the whole system of thanks and feedback posts so people could have both compliments, and only feedback, if necessary.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 22nd May 2007 at 4:41 PM
Oh my gosh! Thank you all so much!
Now I'm really in the mood to start all over again, with a 'brand-new' old neighbourhood :D
Alchemist
#125 Old 22nd May 2007 at 5:57 PM
Fantastic work indeed, I didn't know about this project (my fault, I'll check the forum in the future). Impressive collection of talented creators stuff and, once more time, this is one of the reasons that make this site unique and great. Thank you all, you're the best around! Kiss to everyone and thanks forever.
Page 5 of 14