Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM - Updated 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM by Mootilda

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 460 Feedback Posts, 183 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 26 of 26
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#626 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:45 AM
This is the best program and It's so easy to use it!! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#627 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimmer
Update: I think the problem is that this file has a low reputation with Norton, so it gets deleted as a potential threat. I know this file is a few years old; can someone please confirm that it is safe? I can probably set it as an exception, but I don't like disagreeing with Norton (it's usually right!).

I'm assuming you're no longer looking at Sims 2 Package Installer, but this might help others.
I use Norton as well, I can confirm it's 100% safe. It never gave any form of virus. It's simply just old.
#628 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 12:30 PM
Great tool , but when I try to save my house under a different file, it throws up this error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Sims2Pack_Installer.WinFormMain.buttonsave_Click (Object sender , Event Args e)...

Whenever I re-open this file, it says that it's empty and there's nothing to install.
Has anyone else had this before?
Test Subject
#629 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 6:23 PM
Default Thanks
The program is amazing
Mad Poster
#630 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Farvoyager
Help! I was trying to disable some duplicate packages using 1.6.22.0 but every time I click "update" I get this message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims2Pack Clean Installer\url.txt
Starting Web Update
Connecting to: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/15/
Checking Version
Error connecting to http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/15/version.txt
Could not connect to http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/15/

***Edit to add that the packages appear to have been disabled despite the error message, which I am still receiving.

@Farvoyager - You should not use the "update" button. That button is used to check for new versions of the Clean Installer and update the program. You get error messages because the server isn't there anymore and there are no new versions of the Clean Installer anyway.
Test Subject
#631 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 10:49 PM
I've tried to download but it tells me I have another version do I wish to uninstall. I click yes and nothing happens. How can I uninstall?
Test Subject
#632 Old 20th May 2020 at 5:37 PM
What do files listed in red mean?
Test Subject
#633 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Queenofdragons6
What do files listed in red mean?

its a game mod
Lab Assistant
#634 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 2:10 AM Last edited by isa_love_anime : 14th Aug 2020 at 9:24 PM.
Coming back to TS2 after years, and this tool remains undoubtely one of the best and most useful to date! A very belated thanks, Mootilda, and rest in peace.

I'm also commenting here to say that I have the Ultimate Collection and although the last version of Clean Installer is said to have been updated for it, I was still having the ™ symbol problem when setting up the installation path in the S2PCI.ini file. I managed to find a workaround though, that doesn't involve changing the folder's name through registry!

After pasting the folder path on the "SaveGamePath=" line, go to "Save As" on Notepad (instead of simply saving), and on the dialog box beside the "Save" button, there's an option called Codification. It'll probably be set to "UTF-8", however you should click it and select UTF-8 BOM (or something similar). Then save over the file and check if Clean Installer is reading the Ultimate Collection folder correctly and not creating a duplicate with broken characters in its name. Worked for me!
Lab Assistant
#635 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 6:40 PM
Clean Installer is a terrifically helpful tool.

If things aren't showing up in-game after being successfully installed, check the S2PCI config file to make sure the path indicates the right *drive* as well as the right folder. It took me a while to realize that, while I was looking in the correct folders on the D: drive, Clean Installer had happily created folders on the C: drive to match the path in the config file. I changed the path in the config file and now we're looking in the same place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#636 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 8:54 PM
Thank you so very much for creating this!! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#637 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 4:37 PM
Hi all-coming back to Sims 2 after a bit and new pc! I clicked on the link to download the Microsoft Net Framework and it said the file is no longer there? Thanks for any help
Test Subject
#638 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandy2Simmer
Hi all-coming back to Sims 2 after a bit and new pc! I clicked on the link to download the Microsoft Net Framework and it said the file is no longer there? Thanks for any help

If you google microsoft .NET 2.0 x64 this should be the correct installation
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#639 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 2:34 AM
brazilian thanks for the mod , it would be nice if there were
more mods of the sim 2 , but never but there was an update
Test Subject
#640 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 6:27 AM
Does anyone know if there's a way to extract files from Sims2Packs without using the Clean Installer? Or if there's a program that can take a sim2pack and turn it into a zip file that can be easily extracted?

I ask because I'm trying to put CC on an Ultimate Collection install of TS2 on *Linux* - which cannot run the Clean Installer, even with Wine. Package files are not a problem, I can just copy paste them easily. But when a file is given as a sims2pack, I don't have a way of extracting the package files inside, save trying to use a virtual machine with an old Windows install on it to do this for me (a major hassle, and I've been having issues getting some things to work in it - the Clean Installer wouldn't work properly on the XP one I tried).

From the look of it, a bunch of the build mode CC I'd like to use will be inaccessible to me because of that, as well as virtually all lots. :/
Alchemist
#641 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Doranwen
Does anyone know if there's a way to extract files from Sims2Packs without using the Clean Installer? Or if there's a program that can take a sim2pack and turn it into a zip file that can be easily extracted?

I ask because I'm trying to put CC on an Ultimate Collection install of TS2 on *Linux* - which cannot run the Clean Installer, even with Wine. Package files are not a problem, I can just copy paste them easily. But when a file is given as a sims2pack, I don't have a way of extracting the package files inside, save trying to use a virtual machine with an old Windows install on it to do this for me (a major hassle, and I've been having issues getting some things to work in it - the Clean Installer wouldn't work properly on the XP one I tried).

From the look of it, a bunch of the build mode CC I'd like to use will be inaccessible to me because of that, as well as virtually all lots. :/
The game came with a built in extractor for Sims 2 packs. It worked by double clicking the file. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you might be out of luck, but if you haven't yet, you'd be better off asking on the forum's help section instead of this unmonitored thread. Someone else might have a solution.
Test Subject
#642 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The game came with a built in extractor for Sims 2 packs. It worked by double clicking the file. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you might be out of luck, but if you haven't yet, you'd be better off asking on the forum's help section instead of this unmonitored thread. Someone else might have a solution.

I did actually get S2PCI to work on Linux natively using PlayOnLinux. It has an option to install libraries before installing a program - one of the default options being dotnet20, so I had it install that first and the installer *is* actually working and lets me open the files natively. It installs to a rather different location because its sandbox can't see where TS2 actually *is*, but that's fine, I can always just move files from one place to another. Thanks for the reply anyway! Hopefully anyone else trying to figure this out will come across this and try that.
Lab Assistant
#643 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The newest version now allows you to override the default location where the Clean Installer will install your Sims2Packs and CC. With the newest version 1.6.14, you can open the S2PCI.ini file by double-clicking on it and then change the line:
SaveGamePath=""

to:
SaveGamePath="<path to your specific EA Games\The Sims 2 folder>"

For example, to set the install directory to your first AnyGame, you might type:
SaveGamePath="C:\My Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2"

To go back to the default save game location, change the line back to:
SaveGamePath=""

I'll be honest I don't know what's going on. I used to just click on a file and it would install. That isn't what is happening. The packs that downloaded to the download folder worked after I ran Clean Installer to the downloads file. I had the lot files there and nothing happened with them. I just tried physically placing them in the Teleport file and nothing. Restarted the computer both times. No new (old to me :sigh lots.

I appreciate your help.
Lab Assistant
#644 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The newest version now allows you to override the default location where the Clean Installer will install your Sims2Packs and CC. With the newest version 1.6.14, you can open the S2PCI.ini file by double-clicking on it and then change the line:
SaveGamePath=""

to:
SaveGamePath="<path to your specific EA Games\The Sims 2 folder>"

For example, to set the install directory to your first AnyGame, you might type:
SaveGamePath="C:\My Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2"

To go back to the default save game location, change the line back to:
SaveGamePath=""

Hi - another member asking for similar help. My Sims are on the D drive. I have everything working but CC is not working like it used to. I am totally unable to install lots. Can you help please? I will attach clips of where the sims2 are located. I tried to edit the S2PC line but clearly am missing the mark

*Note I included a shot also of the CC file being on the D drive where it is installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#645 Old Yesterday at 2:18 PM
This program crashes periodically when I go through rare content downloaded from torrents. How can I fix this error?
OS Windows 10 home sl 64bit 22h2
Screenshots
Page 26 of 26