Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 7:22 PM
Default Aging Mod
This may be a long shot. I have looked at many aging mods, but can't find what I want. I want one that matches up with the Sims 20 day year. I am thinking something along this line, although it does not have to be exactly like this.

Baby = 20 days Ages 0-1
Toddler = 80 days Ages 1-5
Child = 160 days Ages 5-13
Teen = 140 days Ages 13-20
Adult = 900 days Ages 20-65
Elder = 200+ days Ages 65+

Right now I just have aging off, keep track of the days, and age them up with a hacked cake.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 8:49 PM
Aging mods are fairly easy to, em, mod. Do you have SimPE? There are instructions over at Inge's site on how to change the days for each age in her (original) aging mod.

Ummm... http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
About half way down the page called the Age Group Tweak

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:49 PM
I was going to suggest exactly that. You can edit it yourself, that's the one I use It's really really easy to edit and a nice introduction to modding if you haven't done any before - you really don't need any special skills at all.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 2:30 AM
I think I did it! I will have to wait and see how it works in game. My first mod. I am so proud of myself. I am not sure how to handle all my in game Sims. I will have to check and see if there is a way to turn aging off for individual Sims with Sim Manipulator or something.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:26 AM
Congrates. That's some aging, makes Hat's mod look short.

To make the mod 'take' you will need to age your sims up and down or down and up to reset their day bar. Once you have done that you could age them three days at a time on the sim blender until they are close to what they should be. The sim manipulator probably has that function as well, I'm always using it but forget the functions I don't use so often.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Congrates. That's some aging, makes Hat's mod look short.

To make the mod 'take' you will need to age your sims up and down or down and up to reset their day bar. Once you have done that you could age them three days at a time on the sim blender until they are close to what they should be. The sim manipulator probably has that function as well, I'm always using it but forget the functions I don't use so often.

Rats! I tried aging up Don and aging him back down, but he still has only 29 days. I am pretty sure I did it right. I changed the Dec value to one less than I stated above. So baby min and max is 19. Is that the correct value?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telemwill
Rats! I tried aging up Don and aging him back down, but he still has only 29 days. I am pretty sure I did it right. I changed the Dec value to one less than I stated above. So baby min and max is 19. Is that the correct value?

Yes, it should be but what did you change the adult value to?

Also, you should know that the new ages don't turn up till someone ages. You can adjust the ages with SimPE (since you obviously got it working).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:38 PM Last edited by telemwill : 25th Nov 2014 at 3:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, it should be but what did you change the adult value to?

Also, you should know that the new ages don't turn up till someone ages. You can adjust the ages with SimPE (since you obviously got it working).

Adult value is 899. I was hoping that aging him to elder and then back down to adult would work, but it didn't.

Edit: I made a test neighborhood, and the aging mod definitely worked. Are you saying I can adjust the age bars for current Sims in Simpe?

Second Edit: I tried changing the days left for the Lothario-Goth family, but the days did not change in game. Any suggestions?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:57 PM
Oh wait - the age bar in game can't show a value higher than the default value for the age I think. It works though - it will show 29 days until his age actually gets back down to 29 days and then it will start to count down. Check the ages in SimPE - you can see them under the SimDescription for each sim in your neighbourhood.

Or you could try playing him for a day until 6pm rolls around and check that the number hasn't gone down.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 4:06 PM
It showed the correct number of days in my new test neighborhood. I was hoping changing the days left in SimPE would work for my already existing Sims, but it didn't. I can see what happens when I play this evening.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh wait - the age bar in game can't show a value higher than the default value for the age I think.

My new cas sims all show 60 days to elder with the age mod that I use.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:31 PM
My sims show more than 29 days in their age bar too. There's no limit (although possibly it's because the numbers are so high? I wouldn't think so, though.)

Hmm. Interesting that it's not taking on current sims. Did he get the correct number when aged to elder? If so, I'd just keep going with your current ageing system until your sims age up.

Try removing the cake. Also, was ageing on or off when you aged him up/down? Try with it on if you haven't. It might be that with it off, it's not looking at those files at all.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:15 PM
Yes, it was on. I can try removing the cake, although I don't think it does anything until it is used. I should probably empty the cache, although I don't know if it matters. I may have to try aging someone down, since it is difficult to tell if it worked for elder as the game just says how many days the Sim has been an elder.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:19 AM
Did you check in SimPE? Oh wait, I see you did. The fact that it is working in a new neighbourhood means you made the mod correctly. Why it is not sticking in your present hood, I can't think.

Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telemwill
Yes, it was on. I can try removing the cake, although I don't think it does anything until it is used. I should probably empty the cache, although I don't know if it matters. I may have to try aging someone down, since it is difficult to tell if it worked for elder as the game just says how many days the Sim has been an elder.

Yeah, I think you'd be better off aging down to teen and then back up to adult, rather than aging to elder because, as you said, Elder calculates differently. When I installed Hat's aging mod, I aged everyone except toddlers down and then back up and it worked fine. Toddlers I aged up and then back down, and it still worked. I can't recall entirely but I think I did age one adult up to elder and back, and it didn't work, so...Yeah, trying the aging down route. I don't think caches have anything to do with it, but it doesn't hurt to clear them anyway.

Oh, and yeah, when I installed Hat's mod, the age bar showed the correct number of days left in the life stage, so it can definitely show more than 29 days. (With Hat's mod, adulthood is 112 days.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:51 AM
Yes I would age the adults down to teen not up to elder. I think it was only toddlers I aged up and then down

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:16 AM
What mod did you use to age them down and back up? I am using the Sim Manipulator (the aging tool that spawns and looks like an hourglass). I did try aging Alexander Goth down, and didn't see a change in him as a child. Before I could age him up I noticed the tombstones were missing again, and had to replace the neighborhood with a backup. So maybe tomorrow I can try again. Maybe I will take out my download folder and see what happens. Thanks for trying to help, everyone!
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:35 AM
I use the Sim Blender to do just about everything in my game. You can set a Sim's lifestage and also age them incrementally in groups of three days. Prior to that I used the Insimenator, which I actually liked a bit better because you could add or subtract exactly the number days you want, not just blocks of three days. I believe you can also age up/down with....um, something that you can via turning on testing cheats. The Sim Modder, I think? I imagine they all access the same code in the game and so would all work equally well. Or, you know, equally badly.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:05 AM
The sim manipulator has 'Age' > 'choose age' >Then pick teen for aging down an adult. I do tend to normally use the sim blender for aging and have never had an issue of a newly moved in townie or pre exciting sim not taking on the age mod days.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
newly moved in townie or pre exciting sim not taking on the age mod days.

So ... when did it get exciting? XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 11:47 AM
Darn spell check. It's always changing things and I never notice. I'm sure they weren't that exciting. :P

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:03 PM Last edited by telemwill : 27th Nov 2014 at 4:43 AM.
It worked! Aging down and back up worked with the Sim blender. I am going to be seeing lots of twirling Sims today!