Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:11 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 24th Oct 2011 at 5:53 AM. Reason: added moar learnings
Default Collections! Finally! And..er yeah, patch 1.26/1.27
This is to discuss the changes the patch gives us. If you have an issue with your game, please head on over to the Game Help section.

Whoo wheee! Collections is back, baybee!

I wanted to get a jump start on what (if any) the patch changed worlds-wise, so decided to take the plunge. Here's what I know so far...

New/Changed with just patch installed

• You can Create, Edit, Organize and Delete collections. And within each Collection you can organize each item in the order that you want.
  • There are new folders under Documents
    1. Collections
    2. SavedOutfits
  • New photo collections. Sims_MX got the list
  • New in Options -> Game Options: Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim
  • [eta] Changed: Create-A-Sim (CAS) is now called Create-A-Household (CAH)
  • [eta] Changed in CAH/Buy/Build Catalog: the icon for Sims3Pack is now a shopping bag like the Shop Mode icon for the Store

NEW with Pets installed
Well, you guys know by now what is coming. So just the main highlights:
  • New world available: Appaloosa Plains
  • 3 new pets available in Create a Household
  • New in Options -> Game Options:
    1. Disable Autonomy for Selected Pet, Pet Autonomy is separate from Sim Autonomy slider
    2. Able to specify Sim or each Pet type's Aging length for the various Age groups.

NEW Known Bugs/Glitches
also read Crinrict's thread as hers may be more up-to-date than this. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/444912.page
  • coding changed for slots to enable Pet interaction, so most CC with _RIGs resource is now broken. Fix is available via manual edits (Tutorials:TS3_Basic_Object_Creationwiki), or with Granthes' program (http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/in...95.html#msg1995).
    • This is mainly for the creators to do, though, but you can try fixing it yourself if you're impatient or don't want to redownload. But then you have to bear the responsibility of borking your own stuff if you make mistakes. So make Backups! And lots of copies of them, along with your Save games.
  • some pet food are made available for Sims (in Preparing, Eating and at the diner)
  • [eta] crashes have been traced to borked Elder Pets outfits by Twallan, mainly for Deer and Racoons. Fix: if you're not using Awesomemod, get Twallan's latest SP mod.
  • [eta] If your Sims3Pack content goes missing, ensure first you're not mistakenly missing them, as they now have a Shopping bag icon - see image. You may also want to do this Game_Help:GCCTSU3_Redo/DCCachewiki FAQ.

Patch 1.26/1.27's confirmed Bug Fixes

Hardware related
Graphical glitches on systems with onboard graphics, affects both PCs and Macs, resulting in
  • deformed pets
  • transparent pets, you can try turning on Advanced Rendering but if it is already turned on, means the hardware cannot support it
  • Sims with weird skins when zoomed in, OK when zoomed out (on Lion 10.7.2 and Intel HD 3000)

CAW
  • CAW is now at version 1.13.3. I can open CAW without doing any of the workarounds for the past 2 patches with Generations and Town Life. And yes, I still don't have Pets, yet.
    It opens fine, but I cannot load any WIP world files as it keep giving me "Access is Denied" error in my %appdata% location. Will be redoing the "Editing Pre-made" bits from scratch, to test newly generated files to compare with. Yes, I was working with a copy of my CAW UserToolData\Worlds\ contents, so maybe the copy was borked or something. Will try again, in any case.
  • [eta] Managed to solve the "Access is Denied" error by tweaking permissions for the TEMP folder. WIP files now work fine
  • [eta] Managed to open Appaloosa Plains to be edited, using the "second method" as shown in http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...593#post3572593

Preparation before patching
Standard precautions apply, as usual...Though I did brave Origins this time to see what Collections is like, as the manual links won't be ready until Pets Digital is released. [eta] Manual links updated on Wiki page.
Patching via Launcher with Origins installed. If you wanted to backup the patch exe (this is the incremental, not a SuperPatcher and is @318MB) for reinstalling without redownloading the patch again, the downloaded .exe file is located at
Code:
C:\ProgramData\EA Core\cache\<folders inside>
Origins have to be installed and updated of course. The patching went off without a hitch in my case, after doing all the standard stuff as outlined in the Wiki FAQs above.

Manual Patching
And other than Collections and the WA Photography (haven't tested) stuff listed, they've gone back to being stingy with the Patch_Notes again.

Mac OS X
I don't have any info at the moment as I'd need to reboot into that partition first. Stay tuned.
Patching on Snow Leopard (1.27 SuperPatcher) and Lion (1.27-from-1.25) went off without a hitch. Though my GPU now has some weird artefacts after updating to Lion 10.7.2, which from reading at various forums seem to be a common thing on this version. Otherwise both games started up just fine on vanilla settings.

If you have already updated, do share your updating experiences...and what stuff got fixed or borked all over again, etc etc that you noticed.
Screenshots
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:15 PM
Watch out though, a lot of your existing CC will have stopped working. Sims get stuck in custom beds etc etc according to some sources.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:36 PM
will it affect my sims in the sim bin?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:44 PM
It's about time they brought the collections back. I was actually starting to miss them.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:49 PM
Turns out the problem isn't the sims, but the objects. Anything with a custom slot (to place things on, for sims to sit/lie on, doorhandles, fridge handles etc) is broken.

(In fact, I'm told, all custom objects are broken. But as it's the slots that are broken, objects which don't use slots still work as they used to, even though their slots - which aren't used - are broken. Isn't pedantry a wonderful thing? )

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#6 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:55 PM
Looks like it is probably the _RIG with the problem. I have suggested a retrofix method to Leesester

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#7 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:58 PM
That sound like a lot of work.

Thanks guys for the info.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:16 PM
So is it just objects that are broken? o-O
I'm a little lost; I've just taken everything out for the time being, but I would like to be able to use (at least) my hairs and clothes.

I do love the collections though; now I can sort my most-used objects into one spot for me to grab quickly (: Should make building and decorating so much easier - I won't have to scroll through *all* the paintings to get my landscapes ^^;
#9 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:19 PM
I posted a reply to Lee's news (that's where she asked me to post) with a fix

Inventor
#10 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:43 PM
Is there a downloadable for the patch because I am getting an I/O error on loading and cant get it to save.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I posted a reply to Lee's news (that's where she asked me to post) with a fix

Where is that at?
#12 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:49 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...26&goto=newpost

Inventor
#13 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestie Freehawk
Is there a downloadable for the patch because I am getting an I/O error on loading and cant get it to save.

Try this: http://nene.modthesims.info/d/409829
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 8:26 PM
I quite don't uderstand this. Some custom content is now broken due to the new pach, alright. Now, the fix will happen in another patch/or a fix from the modders or all those custom objects will have to be updated? That would be a pain in the ass.
#15 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 8:30 PM
I believe the fix will have to be done by the creators.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 8:31 PM
The cc will probably have to be updated, as EA has changed the format of a very important resource used by many many MANY things, and they've converted all their stuff already. So they're not going to release a fix for all the CC when their stuff works okay - they don't support CC.

Delphy's looking into a fix now though - something that can be done to auto-fix objects without having to re-clone them. Creators will still need to post updated versions, but it may end up being something that can be run on a batch of items and fix them all automatically. But we'll see.

Tealdeer: We're fucked. We may be slightly less fucked soon.
Instructor
#17 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM
Leave it to EA to give us what we want and skrew up every thing in the process glad I didn't install the update before reading this.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 10:38 PM
Ugh, let me go check if this borks the house my sims live in before I rip out all my CC.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 10:51 PM
if this is a fact then that will be a shame for all creaters spending their time making these objects, clothes, etc.
i'm still hoping EA will fix this, but i doubt it.
i already said byebye to my cc. so be it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:13 PM
I was loading Sims 3, saw this, open the Sims 3 Launcher (again, while my game is loading) and hey presto there is a new patch.

Thank god I don't download furniture. I have 2 cars though and am going to test them out.

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:42 PM
I've been checking all my CC surfaces,Tables,counters,dressers anything I would set things on. None work anymore. Chairs do not click into place anymore, Lamps,computers,plants,what ever all go though surfaces and sit on the floor.
I don't see EA fixing this. They seemed to have fixed it so we have to buy from them. They're stuff is to cartoony for my taste. If I loose the CC then I may just cash it in. This SUCK a big green one!
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:51 PM
Has anyone checked out the CC from the Sims3 store, the CC you have to pay for and has anyone checked out if CC clothes and hair still work?
Forum Resident
#23 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:53 PM
well, i for one have and will never buy their cc. guess we will have to wait for creaters to create new stuff that is so friendly offered for free.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
if this is a fact then that will be a shame for all creaters spending their time making these objects, clothes, etc.
i'm still hoping EA will fix this, but i doubt it.
i already said byebye to my cc. so be it.

I think it's a little early to start nuking cc before modders have even had a chance to work on a practical solution.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:56 PM
i havent dumped it all, its just not in my game.....until it can savely return...if ever.
Page 1 of 6