Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:16 PM Last edited by omglo : 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:35 PM.
Default Social plugins and Sim/Pet interactions.
I am trying to enable a person to dog pie menu interaction via the social plugin, but no matter what I do, I can't get the pie menu option to appear when a pet is clicked on. I'm familiar with making Sim/Sim interactions using this method, but it seems that the mod won't set a dog to Param 0 for some reason. If I click on another Sim, the pie menu option shows up, even if the active Sim is a pet (using the control pets cheat). There's some unlinked lines in the code that are disconnected on purpose.

edit: removed useless file.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 1:49 PM
The pet pie menus (cat & dogs have separate menus) don't check for social plugins, they use Learned Behaviour Commands instead.
The Learned Behaviour Commands can be made as an addon. They don't need or use a controller, instead the pie menus pick them up by their Selector Category (same as sims do when influencing another sim). There is three types of Learned Behaviour Commands
The Social - Pet - Base Command uses a Selector Category of 0x0095
The Social - Pet - Reinforced Command uses a Selector Category of 0x0097
The Social - Pet - Reinforced Social Command uses a Selector Category of 0x0098

The pie menu runs the BHAV 'CT - Command Menu TEST' for the test (instead of CT - Object Menu) then directly launches the social (no need for CT - Object Menu Command since there is no controller)
To make your own you'll need to clone and examine an existing Learned Behaviour. In the Object Data, in Raw Data scroll down to the Selector Category (0x004b), that determines the type, the next line Selector Sub-Category should contain a value that has not been used by that type, preferably next in sequence to what has been used.

This may seem a little complicated but it actually better and simpler than using a controller for every social plugin and it is the same method phones use to get all of the phone call types and sims use to influence other sims so it is worth learning.

Note: the pet Globals is group 0x7F67DD1B if you want to examine their menus
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 2:24 PM
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:24 AM
Does the CT - Command Menu TEST only work for children and up? I didn't have a problem making the new pie menu appear on the older age groups, but it didn't show for toddlers. There's no age restrictions in the package, and the game itself only allows children, teens and adults to command dogs, so I was wondering if that's what the issue was.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:13 PM
Yes, all three command types in both the cat and dog pie menus are only available for child to elder and all three have an age check in the test as well.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM
Okay, thanks.