Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:33 AM
Default in wals too
i think type number three transparency must be in some way possible on walls, because it has already been done. it is a maxis object. it is used on the deck foundation wall and when you go into it's script file you can see the name of the wall patern. i hope this helps you figure out how to do it on walls.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:04 PM
Thank you !

I will try these tranparent tiles in my Sims 3 WA game.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Saphos
Whaaaa!!! I tried to make a wooden bridge flooring with spaces between the boards, and it didn't work. I two, one going in each direction. One of them came out black, the other had the texture but no transparency! I am using the most recent version of SimPE: is that the problem? I was so excited about finally having this floor... If someone can help me I'll be so so grateful! Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial, at any rate. I'm sure I'll get it to work eventually.

did you forget to put "Floor" to "StandardMaterial" ?
that's what i did the first time, i had the same problems as you.

The Only Way To Make A Computer Go Faster Is To Throw It Out A Window
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akven
i have a problem. when i right click on the image in simpe, there is no option labeled "build TXT." can someone tell me why it is not showing up?

it means that SimPE doesn't have the path to the dds utilities anymore, so you have to browse for it again.

The Only Way To Make A Computer Go Faster Is To Throw It Out A Window
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 10:30 AM
is there any way to do this in the sims 3?
Site Helper
#56 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mepwn12
is there any way to do this in the sims 3?
Why not ask in the Sims 3 Creation forum, where you may be able to find people who actually know how to create things for the Sims 3?
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Why not ask in the Sims 3 Creation forum, where you may be able to find people who actually know how to create things for the Sims 3?

ty i'll do that right away
Field Researcher
#58 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:58 AM
This tutorial was great, and managed to create a tile with texture using the #3 tutorial. A HUGE Thanks to the author who wrote this up.

However, what I was trying to do was make a part of the floor tile actually 'see-through' as I had planned on using this tile outside the buildings and on the actual lot itself (without walls). The game already preshipped with 'Gardentime' corner and edge, but the terrain texture I am using on various lots does not match the edge of gardentime. So I thought I would make a multi-purpose tileset that would allow the terrain to be seen, yet still have the edging effect of the garden.

Obviously I am NOT versed in SimPe, and just a beginner here, but I am willing to learn. I am hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. Is there a way to make a floor tile transparent and allow the terrain paint to be seen beneath it?
Page 3 of 3