Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 10:04 PM Last edited by DJ. : 4th Aug 2015 at 10:42 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Getting The Sims 2 UC to work on Windows 10
EDIT: It seems like the culprit is driver incompatibility with Windows 10. Follow up with the issue on this thread.

Original post is below.

Surprise!, TS2 Ultimate Collection (and highly probably regular non-UC game) doesn't work on Windows 10. Without any compatibility adjustments, I checked the program in task manager, and it said the program just allocates around 25 MB before just becoming idle and doing nothing (until killed). I tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7, Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP2 (recommended setting), but none of them worked - the only change is that this time it allocates around 45 MB before halting.

*shakes fist at microsoft*

EDIT: I took a day off and decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. It's actually come quite in handy, because I finally got a chance to remove all the HP bloatware.

Anyway, once I reinstalled Windows 10 (by inserting the installation disc, wiping my hard drive way, not by using the built in reset PC option accessible via Settings > Update & Recovery, though I don't know if that matters), I redownloaded Origin and made it drop that 10 GB elephant of a game from the cloud to the hard drive during the day. After it installed, the game worked!

(For those of you who aren't willing to reinstall Windows 10 just yet, try and see if Origin has an option to repair your download. I believe it then reinstalls your game, and maybe it'll work then without having to spend the entire afternoon over your computer with many cups of coffee.)