Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 9:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default cameras on lots
Hi
When I enter a downloaded lot the camera often opens on a top down view. I dont really like this view but cant see anyway to change it. It makes some lots unplayable for me which is a shame because they look good. Is there anyway to change it.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 1:13 PM
If you go in buy/build, there is a button on the panel for that angle, not sure what it's called. Click it and see if it brings you to the normal level. If that doesn't work, some one else will have better advice.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#3 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 2:37 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 26th Jul 2015 at 2:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hejhog
Hi
When I enter a downloaded lot the camera often opens on a top down view. I dont really like this view but cant see anyway to change it. It makes some lots unplayable for me which is a shame because they look good. Is there anyway to change it.

My understanding is that the Lot view at the start of a play session will be whatever it was at the last save from the prior playing session.
So, if a Lot you downloaded happened to be last saved by its creator in the top-down view, then that is how it will always start out after you install it and first play it. But as Duine said above, all you have to do is enter buy/build mode and click on the top-down view button, the proper name for which also eludes me, but it's there. Clicking that button should put you back to normal view, from which you can then save the Lot.

What I find puzzling about your post, is that you say this happens "often". It shouldn't, as most Lot creators don't save their uploaded Lots in the sloppy top-down view. If it only happens with one particular Lot, then see my above explanation.
Theorist
#4 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 4:39 PM
I've had that problem myself if using the top down view in my own lots, then go to live mode without changing it. Next time I go to buy/build, it will still be in top down view. The problem isn't always from the builders, it's usually because I forgot to change before going live or saving and exit to neighborhood.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 12:04 AM
Lots (newly installed ones) don't always show up as the creator left them. When I was testing Polgannon for maxon I mentioned to her how most of the lots opened up with a close up of the roof- this was not how she had saved and left them.

It probably has something to do with the computer it is taken from and the computer it is put on as to where it opens. Simply use the button to change your view or click on TAB for free camera and tilt it to where you want it before clicking on TAB again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 11:20 AM
Yes, it's been annoying the crap out of me. The community lots seems to save ok but not the residential.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc