Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 11:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop doesn't like a folder
I have suddenly developed a problem with Body Shop crashing partway through loading with a particular folder of custom content in my Downloads folder. When the folder is removed it loads. Yesterday it loaded fine with the folder; it just suddenly seems to have developed a dislike of it.

Anyone else had this problem and/or know how to fix it?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:53 PM
Sometimes things like that are because the game has written over a file - it will strip out CC (contents of file) if it has a problem as a sort of safety measure. Maybe check first if the files have changed (look at the dates)? I assume you deleted cigen.package and accessories.package (and groups.cache for that matter though it doesn't affect BS AFAIK)?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 1:15 PM
Yeah, I deleted all the cache files. The last time the folder was changed is when I recategorised some stuff in Wardrobe Wrangler.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:18 PM
That might be it then - the recategorisation might have glitched. WW does state that all features are experimental and you should back up.

Have you tried loading those particular items in-game?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:40 PM
The 'folder' Charity, what about the files themselves? WW, in my experience, doesn't usually cause issues but you never know. Maybe, if you can, download fresh copies of the files and try them instead?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 4:39 PM
Found it! It was a regency toddler suit from AAS that had somehow lost its texture file. I can only presume that WW glitched and deleted it. Thanks for all your help!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:03 PM
It's more likely to be the game that did that - it will strip out the contents of a file if it runs into a problem it can't fix on the fly.